* * * - - 47 votes

New Nintendo 3DS Bundles up for Preorder at Gamestop, Best Buy, Target! (releases 2/13)

#2161 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:46 AM

Was the MH 3dsxl ever available for in store pick up? 

I was only able to pre-order with shipping to home.  They didn't offer release day delivery for any amount of $$,   So trade in offer was never on the table for pre-orders, no?  Same with MM order from BB, no in store option. 

#2162 ARunningNoodle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

ARunningNoodle

Ok as a former Assistant Manager from GameStop, when you are buying the New 3DS, they can go ahead and add the value of your trade after inspecting it, once you pay the difference and the transaction is complete open it up and start the transfer, once done give them the system. I've done stuff like that in the past and if you ask they shouldn't have a problem with doing that as they still get the same system

#2163 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Seriously, so many things use tiny screws like that these days you have to have one around the house.

the only time i remembered using screws, is for picture frames , and clock on the wall.

#2164 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

Sooooo there isn't any way I can trade my ambassador 3ds for the new MH 3ds and maintain all of my games and keep MH as well?

It appears that it may be YMMV to get this successfully transferred at Gamestop.  I'm in a similar situation and have decided to hold onto my current 3DSXL until I receive the new system and do the transfer.  Then, and only then, would I consider selling the old 3DSXL system to recoup a portion of the cost. 

However, since my 5-year old son has had his eye on my 3DS for several years, I may end up holding onto it for him and local multiplayer goodness.  I'm a bit concerned that the secondary market for 3DSXLs will drop quite a bit once the N3DSXL hits, and my fully-functioning system may actually be more 'valuable' if I hold onto it and get limited use. 

#2165 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:22 AM

I was checking out Nintendo's product page for the New Nintendo 3DS XL and noticed that it will also take better pictures in low light.  I realize this isn't amazing news considering the quality of the cameras, but it's still nice they went that little extra mile.

At the bottom of the page is also the 3DS-to-3DS system transfer instructions for those of you who have never done it before:

http://en-americas-s...-family-systems

Another nice thing is that Nintendo will offer is the ability to transfer photos, music, and other files via PC on your wireless network.  

"You can transfer your photos, music, and other files between a PC and your system’s microSDHC** card via a wireless network. No need to remove the microSDHC card!"

One of the only things I wish the New system had was the ability to allow for Street Passes and such with a DS game inside.  I realize this was a technical hurdle, but a person can dream.  Sometimes ya just wanna play a DS game but not miss out on Street Passes for your 3DS games, ya know? :)

#2166 Linkgx1   No White Knights! CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:31 AM

Does Nintendo of America's website actually let you buy/preorder consoles? Because I've never seen them direct sell a console before unless I'm worng. 

#2167 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:35 AM

Does Nintendo of America's website actually let you buy/preorder consoles? Because I've never seen them direct sell a console before unless I'm worng. 

I have never seen NOA directly provide the sale of gaming systems; rather, they tend to provide links to a variety of retailers that have (or may have) stock of the item available for online order. 

In this case, neither of the N3DSXL limited systems were ever given the links to potential preorder partners...and now the listing has been changed to say 'no longer available' (or whatever similar language). 

#2168 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:41 AM

1) Seems like people who bought more than one from Best Buy are having their orders cancelled. Best Buy is cross referencing names, cards, and addresses and canceling anyone who ordered multiple consoles.
Link: http://www.reddit.co...nceling_orders/

2) Someone on reddit said they talked to a Nintendo rep and they claimed that these pre-orders are not the only ones, and that there will be more before launch.
Link: http://www.reddit.co..._be_mm3d_n3dss/

EDIT: Also, is there a reason Best Buy would take off the page for the Majora's Mask 3DS?

EDIT 2: Alright, I get it. This is not an official source and I never meant it to be. Just a heads up and a link so people can decide for themselves.

BB had a one per customer limit? I didn't even know that. I ordered on my phone and didn't see anything about that at all.

#2169 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3487 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:41 AM

Anyone here feel like donating one? PM if you feel like donating one.

#2170 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1838 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:43 AM

Sooooo there isn't any way I can trade my ambassador 3ds for the new MH 3ds and maintain all of my games and keep MH as well?

The way I was able to keep my ambassador games and certificate is by using a friends 3ds as a middle man when I sold my original black to get the link xl. You do have to wait 7 days afterwards to transfer again.

#2171 Linkgx1   No White Knights! CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:53 AM

I have never seen NOA directly provide the sale of gaming systems; rather, they tend to provide links to a variety of retailers that have (or may have) stock of the item available for online order. 

In this case, neither of the N3DSXL limited systems were ever given the links to potential preorder partners...and now the listing has been changed to say 'no longer available' (or whatever similar language). 

Yeah, that's what's been eating at me. 

#2172 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:12 AM

Found a couple of solid deals on 32GB microSD Class 10 cards on Amazon (both Prime eligible):

SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10 - $16.99

Samsung 32GB EVO Class 10 - $17.99

Both come with SD adapters.

#2173 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:15 AM

The way I was able to keep my ambassador games and certificate is by using a friends 3ds as a middle man when I sold my original black to get the link xl. You do have to wait 7 days afterwards to transfer again.

They removed the 7 days system transfer cool down. It's 24 hours now.

Edit:

Might be wrong info

#2174 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:15 AM

Found a couple of solid deals on 32GB microSD Class 10 cards on Amazon (both Prime eligible):

I bought a 16GB Samsung card for $11. That's good enough for me.

#2175 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1177 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

Damn my plan went out the window for transferring the preloaded MonHun game to my friend's 3ds.  You can only transfer data from a New 3ds to another New 3ds, New 3ds to an original version 3ds is not allowed.

#2176 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1838 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

Damn my plan went out the window for transferring the preloaded MonHun game to my friend's 3ds.  You can only transfer data from a New 3ds to another New 3ds, New 3ds to an original version 3ds is not allowed.

Well that's a bummer, I figure that a 3ds xl should be able to transfer to the new 3ds xl.

Kinda reminds me of the launch 360 hard drives. You can only transfer to a larger size and can never drop down.

#2177 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2062 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

Well that's a bummer, I figure that a 3ds xl should be able to transfer to the new 3ds xl.

Kinda reminds me of the launch 360 hard drives. You can only transfer to a larger size and can never drop down.

that's stupid. why would they do that

#2178 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

When you system transfer, there is a merge accounts option.

#2179 eliter1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2935 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

Of course the Majora's Mask 3DS was sold out yesterday. Tried to order a Monster Hunter 4 one and they said I had to pay for that one in full which I said ok since I have GS credit. When I asked about trading in my 3DS XL they said I needed to trade it in now and I could move all my data to an SD card... I told them you can't do that since you have to do a system transfer and they tried to argue with me about so I just left. The only reason I consider getting a New 3DS XL now is because very few of us on CAG paid full price for our 3DS so we would be getting a good deal with the trade-in.

#2180 usagi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1177 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:02 AM

When you system transfer, there is a merge accounts option.

The problem is my friend has an original version 3ds, so I can't even do the transfer from the MonHun new 3dsXL.  How does that merge accounts option work if the target does not have an NNID, but has preloaded games on it.

#2181 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:04 AM

Of course the Majora's Mask 3DS was sold out yesterday. Tried to order a Monster Hunter 4 one and they said I had to pay for that one in full which I said ok since I have GS credit. When I asked about trading in my 3DS XL they said I needed to trade it in now and I could move all my data to an SD card... I told them you can't do that since you have to do a system transfer and they tried to argue with me about so I just left. The only reason I consider getting a New 3DS XL now is because very few of us on CAG paid full price for our 3DS so we would be getting a good deal with the trade-in.

A Gamestop employee didn't know what he was talking about?! What is this world coming to?

#2182 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:12 AM

A Gamestop employee didn't know what he was talking about?! What is this world coming to?

addtext_com_MDAxMTM4MTE5MjM5.jpg

#2183 jedivulcan   TARDIS REPAIR DRONE CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

jedivulcan

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:21 AM

That's good to know. 

#2184 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2181 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:47 AM

Funny story.

I had the orignal, regular sized 3DS. Thought it got stolen/lost. Purchased an XL off craigslist at good price.

Was moving stuff around the house and found my original under the TV stand.

To be honest, I really prefer the original. It is way more portable and weighs a lot less, which is great when grinding for hours on a Lunatic run on Fire Emblem.

Still getting my N3DSMMLE because of Xenoblade, but man, I wish they had the smaller one for preorder.

#2185 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1299 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:52 AM

Not saying you're lying, but where did you see this? I need to transfer to a middleman so I can trade in, but I don't want it stuck there a week while my XL sits there lol

#2186 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2181 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

Not saying you're lying, but where did you see this? I need to transfer to a middleman so I can trade in, but I don't want it stuck there a week while my XL sits there lol

About two or three weeks ago, I called Nintendo, told them I lost my 3DS, did not have my Nintendo ID, did not have the serial number for my original system and waited 24 hours to transfer my digital games. I didn't even know which email I used to sign up. 

All I had when I called was my CC number and name. Great customer service. Entire ordeal was painless. 

#2187 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

This might be answered somewhere deep in this thread but I will ask it still.

How would you do a system transfer for the trade-in deal at GS? You won't have both systems on hand at the same time.

YMMV per GameStop. Have to ask if they'll let you.

This basically.  Best case scenario they agree to do the transaction and let you transfer everything and if you have everything transferred to a micro SD already and the right screw driver on hand you can pray to Cthulhu that everything goes right.

Nintendo isnt making it a pain for them they are the ones choosing to end it the day the new 3ds comes out

Apparently the promo is subsidized by Nintendo and they're making the rules for it.  If true then it's on them.

I was checking out Nintendo's product page for the New Nintendo 3DS XL and noticed that it will also take better pictures in low light.  I realize this isn't amazing news considering the quality of the cameras, but it's still nice they went that little extra mile.

It can take pictures? :rofl:

Everyday prices now or close enough to every day.  Perfectly fine but I wouldn't pay any more than that and I'm hoping we'll see something even a bit cheaper in the next month.

#2188 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1299 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

About two or three weeks ago, I called Nintendo, told them I lost my 3DS, did not have my Nintendo ID, did not have the serial number for my original system and waited 24 hours to transfer my digital games. I didn't even know which email I used to sign up.

All I had when I called was my CC number and name. Great customer service. Entire ordeal was painless.

No no no sorry I was talking about the 24 hour system transfer cool down coming down from a week cool down.

#2189 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

OR, if you have more than 4GB of data on your SD card, abuse the new transfer system and transfer over only the save data with your licenses and NNID to the stock card so you can wait until later to swap for a bigger card and redownload all of your games.

You can separate them out like that? Was not aware of this.

#2190 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1892 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:45 AM

You can separate them out like that? Was not aware of this.

According to the help page, it's a New 3DS XL thing, and automatic if there's too much stuff to transfer over. They also make it sound like an internet connection isn't required that way.