* * * - - 47 votes

New Nintendo 3DS Bundles up for Preorder at Gamestop, Best Buy, Target! (releases 2/13)

#2191 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

Not saying you're lying, but where did you see this? I need to transfer to a middleman so I can trade in, but I don't want it stuck there a week while my XL sits there lol

I'm pretty sure the last time I preformed a system transfer it was 24 hours. I can't try it anymore since I downgraded the firmware on my 3DS'.

Edit.

You were right.
http://en-americas-s...tem-to-another?

#2192 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1892 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

I'm pretty sure the last time I preformed a system transfer it was 24 hours. I can't try it anymore since I downgraded the firmware on my 3DS'.

Que?

#2193 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

According to the help page, it's a New 3DS XL thing, and automatic if there's too much stuff to transfer over. They also make it sound like an internet connection isn't required that way.

Link?

#2194 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1892 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

Link?

http://en-americas-s..._id/13996/p/430

#2195 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

Hmm, interesting.  I don't think I'm going to bother with the GS offer anyway so I'll just do it the traditional way but that might work for some people.

• Transfer save data only using the microSD card included with the New Nintendo 3DS XL
    • If your current data will not fit on the microSD card included with the system, you will only be able to transfer save data during the system transfer process. After the process is done, you can download your data from the Nintendo eShop for no additional cost. Once downloaded, your save data will be restored for each game.
    • Along with your save data, your NNID (if one is being used), friends list, Nintendo eShop balance, and purchase history (including themes) will be transferred to the new system.

#2196 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1892 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

Also of interest:

If you are currently using an SD card that is 4 GB or smaller in size, then you will be able to transfer all of your current content to your New Nintendo 3DS XL via a local wireless connection. This process may take up to two hours.

Along with your downloaded content and save data, your NNID (if one is being used), friends list, Nintendo eShop balance, and purchase history (including themes) will be transferred to the new system.

Which, at least to me, says no internet involved.

#2197 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:45 AM

holy shitballs guys... how the hell did this devolve into discussion of Japanese war crimes and shit? I mean, yeesh this has gone ot a lot, but yeesh

anyway, i'll ask again because i didn't see it answered among all the arguing: For the zelda pin you get for pre ordering STEAM. Is that a gamestop exclusive? Or will you get it from BBY or Amazon?

#2198 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5054 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

anyway, i'll ask again because i didn't see it answered among all the arguing: For the zelda pin you get for pre ordering STEAM. Is that a gamestop exclusive? Or will you get it from BBY or Amazon?

Thus far, it's only been announced as a GameStop exclusive.

#2199 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:02 AM

Thus far, it's only been announced as a GameStop exclusive.

blea guess i should go put some money down on it just in case then. I hate giving GS money if i can avoid it

#2200 cigaro   Constants and Variables CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:59 AM

Fucking a best buy let us preorder in store! 

#2201 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10346 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Can't we just buy a 32GB microSD card for the New 3DSXL? I have a 32GB standard-sized SD card. If I have a 32GB Micro ready at launch, it should be an easy transfer?

#2202 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5060 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

Can't we just buy a 32GB microSD card for the New 3DSXL? I have a 32GB standard-sized SD card. If I have a 32GB Micro ready at launch, it should be an easy transfer?

That's my plan.

#2203 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10346 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

That's my plan.

Yeah, they're only $15 on Amazon.

Which reminds me, as far as screen protectors go, both the regular XL and New XL have the same size screen, don't they? I'll need screen protectors too.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia....ew_Nintendo_3DS

Looks like the XL screens are the same size. I'll need to order Hori screen protectors from Amazon too.

#2204 gftgrill   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

gftgrill

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

For those who live near a microcenter, they sell cheap SD cards in generic packaging under their name.  Cards come with lifetime warranty.

16 gb - $8 http://www.microcent...lash_Media_Card

32 gb - $15 http://www.microcent...lash_Media_Card

8 gb - $5 http://www.microcent...lash_Media_Card

#2205 x352x pH  

x352x pH

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

A little off topic but I'd figured I'd ask while we're all waiting impatiently for more MM 3DS XL pre orders. Have they confirmed whether Kid Icarus Uprising will have support for the New 3DS XL yet? Would love to finally get a cheap copy of it and be able to play without the stand or CPP.

#2206 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

A little off topic but I'd figured I'd ask while we're all waiting impatiently for more MM 3DS XL pre orders. Have they confirmed whether Kid Icarus Uprising will have support for the New 3DS XL yet? Would love to finally get a cheap copy of it and be able to play without the stand or CPP.

Im 99% sure they stated that games that supported the circle pad pro, the c stick is used as a replacement for it.

You can also use it for Smash Bros, it gives a huge advantage.

#2207 Darthlain18   Zeldaholic CAGiversary!   1299 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Darthlain18

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

Edit.

You were right.
http://en-americas-s...tem-to-another?

Really wish I was wrong. Oh well.

#2208 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

FYI - In Kid Icarus the CPP is only used to mirror the controls for lefties. It basicly just replicated the left analog stick. It can't be used for aiming or modifying the standard controls in any other way.

#2209 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

For those who live near a microcenter, they sell cheap SD cards in generic packaging under their name. Cards come with lifetime warranty.

16 gb - $8 http://www.microcent...lash_Media_Card

32 gb - $15 http://www.microcent...lash_Media_Card

8 gb - $5 http://www.microcent...lash_Media_Card

NO! Those cards are garbage and prone to failure, errors, and corruption. Spend the $2-3 more for a Sandisk one.

#2210 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2032 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

NO! Those cards are garbage and prone to failure, errors, and corruption. Spend the $2-3 more for a Sandisk one.

Yeah, I would much rather get a Sandisk or Samsung one for $2-3 more. I picked up a 64gb sdmicro card when Amazon had them for $25.

#2211 BioHazardX7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BioHazardX7

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

I can't help but notice that no one is talking about how they might still be able to get one of these. I held off a bit too long on ordering the MH4 bundle. Does anyone know if they may ever come back in stock? 

#2212 gftgrill   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

gftgrill

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

I've been using them for more than 8 years and have never had 1 fail. I have them in my DSLR, 3DS, Phone, Wii U, Garmin

#2213 gftgrill   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

gftgrill

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, I would much rather get a Sandisk or Samsung one for $2-3 more. I picked up a 64gb sdmicro card when Amazon had them for $25.

I've seen no less than 10 coworkers with dead sandisk memory cards. They all said I thought it was good quality and paid a premium for them.

#2214 SInX4Lyfe   4.23.12 CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

I've seen no less than 10 coworkers with dead sandisk memory cards. They all said I thought it was good quality and paid a premium for them.

They must had bad ones or threw them back and forth, as far as i know all my sandisk has been working since the psp days. Or they got fake one's on ebay. But now i switched to samsung because they seem to work as good. If i were everyone never go cheap on a memory card .

#2215 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

I can't help but notice that no one is talking about how they might still be able to get one of these. I held off a bit too long on ordering the MH4 bundle. Does anyone know if they may ever come back in stock? 

At this point, nobody knows anything for certain - so keep that in mind.

However, there is a distinct difference between the MM and MH systems - it has been confirmed (by both Gamestop and Nintendo) that the MH system is truly limited and retailer-exclusive; at this point, the 'limited' nature of the MM system is still very much a question. 

Consequently, I would imagine that you would have a MUCH greater chance finding a MM system at release (or perhaps via preorder, if more open up).  Based on Gamestop's past record of limited system preorders, and the fact that the MH system was live for ~2 days (leaving plenty of time for non-scalper buyers), I'd say there's a good chance that there will be no additional stock.  Heck, none of the MH system that were ever available to preorder were eligible for in-store pickup; all were ship to home. 

#2216 x352x pH  

x352x pH

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:40 PM

FYI - In Kid Icarus the CPP is only used to mirror the controls for lefties. It basicly just replicated the left analog stick. It can't be used for aiming or modifying the standard controls in any other way.

Damn, for real? Ah well, thanks for the info

#2217 Kitoro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

Damn, for real? Ah well, thanks for the info

Once you play it, you'll understand why.

The game is built around being able to voilently spin the camera around crazy fast with swift stylus swipes at speeds that wouldn't be possible with an anlog stick.

#2218 Modoru   ne, shitteru? ૮(◕ ᴥ ◕ ∪) CAGiversary!   2137 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

Once you play it, you'll understand why.

The game is built around being able to voilently spin the camera around crazy fast with swift stylus swipes at speeds that wouldn't be possible with an anlog stick.

the controls were also absolute hell for lefties. I can attest.

#2219 chronosnes   Pika CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

chronosnes

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Can't we just buy a 32GB microSD card for the New 3iDSXL? I have a 32GB standard-sized SD card. If I have a 32GB Micro ready at launch, it should be an easy transfer?

I'm transferring to a microSD now and using it in my 3DS XL. This will make it super easy after transfer, do system transfer, place microSD from old 3DS XL into new 3DS XL turn on and boom.

#2220 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1925 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

Hmm anyone notice this page now says "Pre-orders currently unavailable" instead of "Pre-orders coming soon"?  http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/buynow/