CAGcast #393: Pre-order or Die!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
lol at Shipwreck giving Wombat a hard time about morphing into a Hot Wheels guy, and then going full on Amiibo nerd 30 minutes later.

The video for Amiibo Party (The amiibo game in Mario Party 10) doesn't have the characters being animated, so putting in all amiibos in the game would only require some programming, and a 3D object of said Amiibo placed on the game pad. The amiibos aren't animated and just move around the game board.

I've never bought a Hot Wheel in my life, but after listening to the podcast I immediately drove to Target to look for Batman Hot Wheels.... where I was met with great disappointment.  Now all I want is a Batman Hot Wheels car.  Thanks a lot Wombat.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for another great show. I was wondering since Shipwreck frequently enjoys cheese and chili , when is  Cheapy going to visit Ohio and accept the Cincinnati cheese coney challenge. I remind Cheapy that he attempted to eat the Windows 7 burger in Japan but was upstaged by CampinKev. Cheapy must redeem him. When the coney challenge is attempted please post it on YouTube.

Can you please enter my name for the Steam game code give away Shipwreck is conducting?

Again, thanks.

I don't get the Amiibo craze. Skylanders are so much better. Both functionally and as a game.
I like the idea of having figurines of Nintendo characters. Sure, you can find Mario and Yoshi figures at Toys R' Us, but where else will you find a Captain Falcon? (Well..if there was enough of him in-stock, but that's a whole other problem).

Shipwreck, I don't mind that Majora's Mask isn't included as a download on that New 3DS XL model. I don't particularly like buying games digitally if a physical copy is an option, and I also have that Majora's Mask LE pre-ordered. I imagine there is a some overlap in the people who are getting both the limited edition Majora's Mask, and the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL.

Quick correction about the Wii downloads on Wii U, if the original games supported the Classic Controller you can use the Gamepad. The first games they are releasing that supports this is Punch Out and Pandoras Tower. Personally I'm really happy about being able to grab Metroid Prime Trilogy for a $10 download (first week price).

Quick correction about the Wii downloads on Wii U, if the original games supported the Classic Controller you can use the Gamepad. The first games they are releasing that supports this is Punch Out and Pandoras Tower. Personally I'm really happy about being able to grab Metroid Prime Trilogy for a $10 download (first week price).
Yeah Shipwreck got this wrong. Also Gamespot is reporting that nintendo will have a workaround that will allow some wii games to be played directly from the disc and not require the use of Wii Mode emulation... I'll believe that when I see it
Link

Better show this week, but the new shows don't match the glory hole days of the Cagcast (2008-2010). These new shows are like Blue Jasmine and the old shows are like Hannah and Her Sisters.

I played the Evolve closed beta/alpha/whatever however long ago and thought it was incredibly meh. I much prefer co-op to competitive and this is only competitive. Starting at that time I honestly thought that it would end up like Titanfall (just like Shipwreck alluded to) that all of its buzz would die out quickly and no one will be talking about it shortly after launch. And now that this pre-order crap has come to light, I am actively hoping this game does flop over like that. What an absolutely shitty practice.

Constantine hasn't been cancelled. NBC hasn't made a decision. The ratings keep going up with each episode so that's a good sign.

Hot Wheels are awesome. I always thought they should make a racing video game out of them. Could even install amiibo-esque functionality into them. That'd probably increase the $1 pricepoint dramatically though. Maybe just a DLC code included that lets you download the respective car in the game. Or they could make a fighting game. Hot Wheels x Micro Machines. And there's a bonus stage where the player beats up a Street Fighter for revenge on them pummeling on cars throughout the ages.

The Mario vs Donkey Kong cross-platform integration where if you buy one you get the other reinforces Cheapy's prophecy of the fabled Project Fusion device of Nintendo's on the horizon. Which just makes me want to hold off on a Wii U even more.

It's pretty easy to know if you'll like Xenoblade or not. Open-world RPG with plenty of pointless sidequests, so based off his progression in DA: Inquisition, I assume Shipwreck likes it.

This might have been mentioned before so I apologize if I am repeating this.

My partner Gary who also listens to the show pointed out to me how many times
Shipwreck says the word "like".  I never really noticed it too much but now that
I am aware of this, it is pretty annoying and now something I focus on.

For example between minute 33-34 Shipwreck says "like" 8 times in 3-4 sentences.

Anyone else bothered by this or this is just a problem for me and my partner Gary.

Keep the shows coming we do enjoy them!

This might have been mentioned before so I apologize if I am repeating this.

My partner Gary who also listens to the show pointed out to me how many times
Shipwreck says the word "like". I never really noticed it too much but now that
I am aware of this, it is pretty annoying and now something I focus on.

For example between minute 33-34 Shipwreck says "like" 8 times in 3-4 sentences.

Anyone else bothered by this or this is just a problem for me and my partner Gary.

Keep the shows coming we do enjoy them!
That sounds like something your partner Gary would say.

That sounds like something your partner Gary would say.
1443.gif

Shipwreck, at least you don't talk like a lot of people when I was still in college. This one guy couldn't not construct a sentence without "uh..." or "um..." when there was clearly enough time for him to make a complete thought and say it all at once. But you should work on the "like..." anyway.

CheapyD you forgot the status of the Case of the School Lunch!

Wombat do you check Duane Reades for Batmobiles? I went to one the other day and they were selling a ton of Hot Wheels. 7-11 and Rite Aid don't.

Hot Wheels are awesome. I always thought they should make a racing video game out of them. Could even install amiibo-esque functionality into them. That'd probably increase the $1 pricepoint dramatically though. Maybe just a DLC code included that lets you download the respective car in the game. Or they could make a fighting game. Hot Wheels x Micro Machines. And there's a bonus stage where the player beats up a Street Fighter for revenge on them pummeling on cars throughout the ages.
There are Hot Wheels video games, if the discount bin is any indication. Besides with Burnout Paradise Ultimate at $7.50, all your wants are fulfilled.

How many Cagcast listeners are there compared to three or four years ago? The amount of comments on these new episodes is way less than those old episodes. It's like walking into a Kmart... a ghost town. Is podcasting simply dying? Is it because the gaming industry has changed since the glory hole days of 360/PS3/Wii? Is it the lack of diversity on a podcast hosted by three middle-aged white liberals? Or is it something more vile and sinister?

It may be time to add an additional cast member like they do on TV shows that have had a drop in ratings, like Danny Cooksey on Diff'rent Strokes or Ted McGinley on Happy Days. I commend the team for keeping up the fight and going through the motions.

Ted_Mc_Ginley_Happy_Days.jpg

I find that most comments come directly to is via twitter or Facebook. It's not that we have fewer listeners just more outlets for comments.

Does anyone think that the surprise release of Rock Band DLC is Harmonix's way of testing the waters for hopefully a Rock Band 4?

Did Cheapy ever tell his story he mentioned ages ago? He was saving it until he got back in NY.
He mentioned briefly that it involves certain parties that he doesn't want to insult or at least divulge this particular story without their go ahead so we may never hear it. I believe he said this on the second CAGcast from NYC after people asked about it in the showthread for the first NYC show.

I can't give NOA much credit for figuring out this whole Cross Buy thing since NOE has been doing it for a while now starting last summer. They have also offered things like special discounts for those that already owned a game on one platform, but couldn't do this on the NA eShops because NOA didn't have their stuff together to match what their sister branches were doing.

He mentioned briefly that it involves certain parties that he doesn't want to insult or at least divulge this particular story without their go ahead so we may never hear it. I believe he said this on the second CAGcast from NYC after people asked about it in the showthread for the first NYC show.
I see, thanks!

I think that Nintendo is slowly learning the trends of the industry but as always, they seem to pick up on them too late. At least we have signs that cross buying games could be a thing in the future. Now if they do it with Virtual Console games, I would probably go nuts. 

As for the whole amiibo craze, I think it's all dumb. I love the Fire Emblem franchise and I think it's ridiculous on how Marth is so rare along with all of the other uncommon amiibo. I personally got 2 on the release date and I still have people bugging me on why I won't sell them (one for display with my FE stuff, one for Smash). I'm just afraid that thanks to all of this crap that I'll never get a Lucina or Robin amiibo.  I already have 2 Ike's pre-ordered but who knows if I'll actually get them.  

My ranting aside, since Ship just tweeted about it, I would like to enter for the Alphadia Genesis code. Thanks, CAGCast crew!

I was deeply offended Wombat's comments regarding Gotham  I love that damn show.  Everything I like guys on the show think it's crap.  oh well, thanks for taking my question Cheapy.  

Another good show, really excited for Fire Emblem, hopefully the story and characters wont be so bad like in awenking.

It would be cool to win Alphadia Genesis, played some kemco JRPGs on the phone but can never get super into them cause of the phone, so would love to hopefully get into them more on the pc.

Another good show, really excited for Fire Emblem, hopefully the story and characters wont be so bad like in awenking.

It would be cool to win Alphadia Genesis, played some kemco JRPGs on the phone but can never get super into them cause of the phone, so would love to hopefully get into them more on the pc.
same here. i could see myself more into them on a handheld system. cant wait to give it a go on PC.

i agree with wombat...agent carter is really good thus far.  still think arrow and flash are tops, but very interested to see how carter will (potentially) affect shield when it comes back on.  with civil war on the way, Im wondering if we'll start to see HAMMER developed?  might be hard with Norman Osborn being part of spider man, and thus part of sony.  still would be cool though...could totally see new warriors being worked in too.  Speedball on TV could be great!

I'd like to toss my name in the hat for Alphadia Genesis too.  Im a sucker for JRPG stuff, so its right up my alley!

Is this contest still going on? I want to play Alphadia Genesis, but I forgot to ask for that. D'oh.

Anyway, great week for comic book fans, considering Dominic Purcell played the Heatwave role really nicely, though it towed the line to Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face.

Guys, great show as always.  Wombat, I'm with you on the Evolve pre-order.  I understand that they need to get as many pre-orders as they can, but they're essentially holding a significant chunk of content hostage.  With so many games coming out broken and/or unfinished lately, a pre-order on a new IP is sort of a gamble.  I'm not interested in Evolve myself, but if it was a game I'd been looking forward to, this would have changed my mind.

I'd love a code for Alphadia Genesis if I'm not too late.  Thanks!

I noticed Shipwreck sometime whistles his "S"s, it is pretty hilarious when it happens! Listen at 1:08:25 when he says Saturday live skit.
I am a first time poster here, been listening to the show ever since Cheapy was a guest at 8 4 play podcast with Scott Popular. Probably the best podcast covering games right now.

Cheapy you really should try the slow cooking dinners. My wife makes them 2 or 3 times a week since we are both working and have a 2 year old. You would be amazed at how good the food is. Dump all the ingredients in set the timer to start as many hours as it takes before you eat and you have a great dinner. We have made crock pot lasagna even and it was great. We are really lazy too and still eat good

Hey Retro Gamer,

Wombat brings up a good point: there is more options for people to interact on social media. A couple years ago, the only way to communicate with a community was through news forums or email. Today, we have Facebook, instant messanger, Twitter, etc...

The main reason why I hear the CAGCast is the commentators are genuine about their opinions. Perhaps, the CAGcast crew are aging and white but the synergy is bona fide. Also, few podcast have the staying power, such as Cheap Ass Gamer. For the feat, my hat is off.

Last thing, Retro: Are you trolling to get an emotional response? If so, think about what you are asking. Be a gentleman and ask politely. If you want idiot-talk and ultral short-attention span mentality, go to YouTube.

Sincerely,

PureFlux

So Wombat, you're collecting random hotwheels and watching bad tv but ask Shipwreck why he is still playing Funk of Titans?  Maybe it's because he's not collecting hotwheels or watching bad tv.

bread's done
Back