Pre order Monster Hunter Best Buy, get a $10 giftcard?

Interesting. This happens for me too. This promo could make me want to get it at launch... Though I really wanted to only get MM3d.

I preordered this for $25 shipped from bestbuy a while back, so, I guess this $10 gift card promo is to accommodate those that missed that deal.

In a way, this is a better deal if you have gcu. You get it for $32 plus a $10 gift card. But you gotta add tax to that $32 so it's a wash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal, I would order if it came with the pin and I didn't already have the CE ordered.

For the person who asked about the price, a $10 gift card is slightly better than $10 off, but only if you have GCU and don't mind gift cards.

Didn't somebody say that Bestbuy.com wouldn't allow you to use a GC on a purchase that included a GC? I was just able to use one to get in on this deal. :whistle2:k

Nice, ordered. It comes out to 34.55, shipping is slow. but getting it for essentially 25 is not bad. I also ordered one for my friend in a separate order so have 20 dollars in gc shipping to me.

Didn't somebody say that Bestbuy.com wouldn't allow you to use a GC on a purchase that included a GC? I was just able to use one to get in on this deal. :whistle2:k
Did you do it through the mobile site or app? If so that is the work around to exploit that dumb rule they changed.

Wondering how soon this will be part of some buy 1 get 50% off sale, we need another one of those soon.  Otherwise this is weird as an unannounced deal.

Link for anyone interested: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-nintendo-3ds/7616014.p?id=1219281545690&skuId=7616014

This would be a no-brainer if it were still priced at $29.99. As-is, though, I think I'll pass for now.

By the way, if you look at it through search results, it does mention the free GC right below the ESRB rating.
Yep, it shows the free gift card text now, it didn't earlier this afternoon when I first searched for it though. Maybe they were in the process of adding the deal.

Suppose I'll have to call and see if I can get this (and GCU) applied to my $30 preorder from September.
very unlikely with these gift card pre-order deals the reps always say you have to cancel your old pre-order and make a new one. that the deals are not retroactive. And if you pre-ordered in store anyhow you would have to talk to a manager at a actual store since phone reps cant do anything with in store pre-orders.

Is the Felyne pin bonus exclusive to Amazon? Amazon says the pin will be packed with the game so I assume it applies to all launch copies..?

shipping is slow.
I don't know if this is because I hit elite status but my shipping is good.

Actually got an email confirming shipment/ my gift card today for saints row ps4

When i preordered GTA v and far cry 4 I didn't have elite and got them the day after release

Is the Felyne pin bonus exclusive to Amazon? Amazon says the pin will be packed with the game so I assume it applies to all launch copies..?
Originally it was announced for GS preorders, but then when I looked at my CE copy I preordered at Amazon they changed the picture to include the pin, so there's at least two retailers that have the pin, so no idea if it will be packed in with launch copies.

I don't know if this is because I hit elite status but my shipping is good.

Actually got an email confirming shipment/ my gift card today for saints row ps4

When i preordered GTA v and far cry 4 I didn't have elite and got them the day after release
nice! I think it is because of your elite status. Unfortunately, it was standard shipping for me, or the second option being 10 dollars for shipping. My giftcard is coming in towards the end of january haha.

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on this. I haven't played a MH before and I almost bought MH3(3DS) the other day too, but figured I'd hold out and mull over the new hotness that was coming soon. I'm dying to get my hands on the demo, and look forward to its release :D

Shipping is really slow, luckily i've never played MH before but have always been interested. So not really in a rush and figure i'll give it a whirl at 22 + tax, trade in/resale im sure will stay pretty high for a while. 

Wow why is the shipping so slow on this. Was going to bite the bullet, but the expected arrival date is the 23rd.

Well that's neat, hopefully they do this on more 3DS and Wii U games since promos have been sorely lacking.  I'll probably just stand pat on my $24 pre-order though.

do MH games drop in price? Wasn't really interested in this, figured id get it when it was $20 or something but with GCU this is about $22 for the game, would it hit that price soon or not?

edit: after 5 attempts across multiple browsers, the deal finally went through.

So now that it's finally available to pick up in store (instead of having to wait a week) is there a way to change the order to a store pick up? 

If I cancel the order, will best buy charge me for the $10 gift card that was already shipped? 

Tecnically, you didn't bought a GC with a GC, you bought the game and got the GC for free :) Btw, I just did the same on my browser and it went through

Debating whether to go with this deal or stick with my amazon one where I got it for $29.99 and a free pin.

bread's done
Back