GTA V PC + GTA: SA + In-Game Cash, $46.20 at GMG

Lobster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
www.greenmangaming.com has a 23% coupon (SAVE23-PEROFF-MOSANT ) that works on the PC version of GTA V.  If you pre-order you get $1,000,000 in-game currency ($500,000 for GTA Online and $500,000 for single-player).  They're also doing their own pre-order bonus where you get GTA: San Andreas (Steam key) and another $300,000 for GTA Online.  Total came out to $46.20 for me.

The code works on lots of other games too, including pre-orders for other 2015 releases.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/grand-theft-auto-v/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be aware it's NOT a Steam key so you will only have the Rockstar DRM version and if you ever need to re-download it, it will have to be through GMG so you'd better hope they stick around a long time.

I guess GMG is saying it's a key that you redeem and download the game from Rockstar. It's worth noting though that their store is run by Digital River and it wouldn't surprise me if you could only download once or within a certain window of time as they used to run the Ubisoft digital download store pre-UPlay days and it was like that.

I know I've got a boxed copy of Max Payne 3 PC which is a fairly recent Rockstar game with the same sort of DRM and I'll be damned if I can find any place on their social network to re-download it. *shrug*

Oh and have fun chasing down patches unless they built in some kind of autopatcher, which hopefully they did but I wouldn't put it past them not to.

wait, this game doesn't require steam?
There is a Steam version. Typically when there's a Steam version and a non-Steam version of a game, GMG will have the non-Steam one.

To be honest I thought this was the Steam version until I looked a little closer and saw that it was only referring to San Andreas. Still think it's a good deal.

wait, this game doesn't require steam?
No because Rockstar doesn't think they need to apparently.

I'd be wary of dealing with Digital River for the download. I'm highly suspicious that they'll let people have access to the download indefinitely because they haven't in the past so if you get it this way and there are setup files you can backup then make sure you do that.

Actual wording from the page:

"This game will be delivered as a Rockstar Games Social Club redemption code. Customers will require a free Rockstar Games Social Club account to play."

I'd just like to point out that greenmangaming is always been great for me and constantly has good deals including mostly steam keys. BUT, they're based in Europe (I believe) and your Card/ PayPal account may get flagged because of the charges coming from another country. (At least one if not both of mine have been, you just gotta go through the motions with the card people/PayPal people)

Might as well wait for the summer sale/winter sale for the same price or cheaper if you can.

"This game will be delivered as a Rockstar Games Social Club redemption code. Customers will require a free Rockstar Games Social Club account to play."
I'm guessing this is some new thing they are creating because I don't see anywhere in the Rockstar Social club web account where you can redeem a code and they don't current have their own separate client like EA and Ubisoft.

A lot of unknowns here going this route. I agree it's better to wait.

bread's done
Back