Club Nintendo is finished.... Boo!

All I have to say is sigh. Nintendo is seemingly dropping the ball lately, lack of amiibos, lack of physical products (MMCE and New 3ds XL MM) 

NOA really needs to turn it around here.

I'm disappointed what happened to Club Nintendo, 4-5 years ago it was great.  There was plenty of variety in the rewards and plenty of stock to support it.  Nowadays on the rare occassion a new product becomes available it gets snatched up by resellers almost immediately.  I miss the early days of Club Nintendo; the current program I won't really miss too much.  Oh well, at least I can say I made platinum every single year it was in existence.

I am 200 coins from platinum and wonder if I should even worry about it. And what is flipnote studio? Sounds like an app. And I don't own a 3ds.

Like others have said, I will miss Club Nintendo's good years, but they have been rather meh lately. They were also never on the level of the Japanese Club Nintendo, which always made me sad.

Guess it's time to register those few Ninty games I still have sealed and wait until February to redeem the coins, though I don't think I'll be able to hit Gold. Site's running slow at the moment, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I have to say is sigh. Nintendo is seemingly dropping the ball lately, lack of amiibos, lack of physical products (MMCE and New 3ds XL MM)

NOA really needs to turn it around here.
If by dropping the ball, you mean that Nintendo has actually generated interest in their products and are selling Amiibo's and New 3DS systems like crazy.

I am a little disappointed to see Club Nintendo go, but as others have said the service has been lackluster for years now. I'm just glad I was able to get my Smash Bros. freebies and probably have enough codes laying around to redeem to also get Super Metroid on my Wii U, which I understand will cost me a $1.50 or something to get on my Wii U, but that is a small price to pay to have my favorite game on yet another console.

This sucks, had I had even the slightest idea, I would of gotten one or two of the NES REMIX shirts last week... I have almost 2000 points in my account currently. 

I kept holding out for something special. I dont know if I should keep cashing in for crappy digital games, or roll the dice for the possible holdout of the end to the program physical reward (I have ALL the platinum rewards, and any physical rewards in a box for my NOA collectibles). There was so much stuff I was tempted to get, but wanted to hold out for large items. 

I never sold any of it, and it was all much appreciated.

Thank you NOA - Hopefully the finish goes out with a bang for those who platinumed all these years. 

This sucks, had I had even the slightest idea, I would of gotten one or two of the NES REMIX shirts last week... I have almost 2000 points in my account currently.

I kept holding out for something special. I dont know if I should keep cashing in for crappy digital games, or roll the dice for the possible holdout of the end to the program physical reward (I have ALL the platinum rewards, and any physical rewards in a box for my NOA collectibles). There was so much stuff I was tempted to get, but wanted to hold out for large items.

I never sold any of it, and it was all much appreciated.

Thank you NOA - Hopefully the finish goes out with a bang for those who platinumed all these years.
The shirt was still available this morning but it looks like now it's sold out. I'm holding out hope that the rewards they're talking about in February were worth skipping out on the shirt and the game case which were both in stock this morning. We'll see I guess.

^^^ I am doing the same, but when I relogged in, over 1000 coins are gone. Then I saw something about they are experiencing major problems right now.  I saw there is no reason to "take a chance" on ANY/all of the digital games right now, since they will ALL be available until the final day. So I think they are going to bring out the whole catalog eventually (that they offered for rewards) in digital form to persuade people from the bigger limited edition physical rewards that you and I are in the market for.   :)

Did you like the shirt? I thought it was awesome. I think they still have them. We were pretty quick to post about the service discontinuing and I bet they are going to have some stock. Fingers crossed, I really need one of those shirts to wear. Metroid in a SNES background? YES PLEASE! I shouldn't of held out.. :(

God, I hope I didnt just lose 1000 coins... I put a ticket in, all the coins were non expired for sure. 

COME ON NINTY get with it!

Well at least we are getting flipnote studio 3D :)
I heard all the online options are going to be disabled for it though which sort of sucks.

Either way I guess we all at least get to have it.

Hope whatever Nintendo has planned for members beyond "Club Nintendo" will be decent. I'm not going to hold my breath, but one can hope.

I'm sure whatever they do instead of Club Nintendo will be better. I just hope in Feb they put up more games to download than what they already have listed--I have those ones!

The surveys and stuff were a pain anyway, and I don't know if they ever even listened to my responses.

Just registered what turned out to be a huge stack of (mostly backlogged) games today; started off with needing 220 coins to reach Gold, and am now at 90 coins short of Platinum. I'd never reached Platinum in the past, so that I'm not going to reach it now is not a big deal :razz:

It's interesting to note that one major thing which helped me with upping my coin balance were third-party 3DS games. Wish that had been more of a thing in previous years, as I used to buy a lot of third-party DS and Wii games.

Now, to wait for February and see what my 690 saved-up coins will get me...

Just registered what turned out to be a huge stack of (mostly backlogged) games today; started off with needing 220 coins to reach Gold, and am now at 90 coins short of Platinum. I'd never reached Platinum in the past, so that I'm not going to reach it now is not a big deal :razz:

It's interesting to note that one major thing which helped me with upping my coin balance were third-party 3DS games. Wish that had been more of a thing in previous years, as I used to buy a lot of third-party DS and Wii games.

Now, to wait for February and see what my 690 saved-up coins will get me...
Sadly probably nothing you will particularly want. I just got my NES Remix Metroid/Mario mash-up t-shirt that I got with my points about a month ago, pretty happy with that one.

Sadly probably nothing you will particularly want. I just got my NES Remix Metroid/Mario mash-up t-shirt that I got with my points about a month ago, pretty happy with that one.
Guess we'll see. At worst, I'll get some Virtual Console games, which still isn't too bad; I don't buy them very often these days, and there's a few on the 3DS eShop I wouldn't mind getting.

My favorite item I've gotten from them is the Pikmin tote bag. Always regretted not getting the hanafuda cards, and I couldn't afford those now if they somehow magically went up again.

Guess we'll see. At worst, I'll get some Virtual Console games, which still isn't too bad; I don't buy them very often these days, and there's a few on the 3DS eShop I wouldn't mind getting.

My favorite item I've gotten from them is the Pikmin tote bag. Always regretted not getting the hanafuda cards, and I couldn't afford those now if they somehow magically went up again.
It would be really cool if Nintendo dug out some items from the vault and made them available for the last month of Club Nintendo. It would be a nice send off for those have been saving coins for awhile.

I have a couple of Wii Fit codes that should still be valid, 100 coins each + 10 PPS (which still are showing up for Wii games even though they said they aren't).  I'd rather advertise them here instead of the main thread, too many lurkers.

If you already registered Wii Fit once, you can create a family member and register it again.  PM me if interested (giving them away BTW, not trying to capitalize). 

Gone!

To expand on part of Billytwoshoes' post: Post Play Surveys are still available! If you've registered any codes recently, it might be worth checking your account for those. I managed to reach Platinum today thanks to the coins from those surveys (for DS, Wii, and 3DS titles), even though I hadn't played the majority of those games yet >_>;;;

Someone has a better list somewhere, though there are some free downloads that give out PPS coins as well.  I know Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U does (just got that one done), and the Pokemon Bank, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball and Steel Diver for 3DS should give free coins as well, in case someone needs that extra push to get to Gold / Platinum.

Is it safe to have two platinum club nintendo accounts (my family account just hit platinum and I haven't even registered some of our systems yet)

I don't think I have another address to put in, but I could put in a fake one and get digital rewards only...

I hear people got both accounts banned by having multiple, so is there a way to do it/ would it be worth it?

Guess it's time to go hog wild and dig through all those old CN codes I didn't do anything with and get to Platinum status ASAP.

New rewards are up, including a ton of games. Good luck getting the site to load, though.
Is the site getting hammered or something? It only ever did have capacity for about 10 users at any given time I guess.

The list of games looks pretty darn good! Hope I have a lot of coins.

I like the mario shirt too. Whats your opinion of a Platinum amiibo figure? Maybe Shig or Iwata? That would be really cool. Go out with a bang Nintendo!

Do you get a 10 coins survey for when you buy a game using your coins ? I realized I'll be 10 coins short to reach platinum.

I've been trying all day yesterday, and still today it won't sign me in.  I type in my name and PW and it just sits there twirling.

I like the mario shirt too. Whats your opinion of a Platinum amiibo figure? Maybe Shig or Iwata? That would be really cool. Go out with a bang Nintendo!
They've already said that this year's Elite Status gifts will be digital downloads. I would've liked a cool physical sendoff as well, but maybe they can still surprise us with the gifts *shrug*

I finally got my 2 physical rewards to go through to the confirmation / shipping page....  but my coins are all still there (for now).

I'll wait to get the digital games when things calm down.

I finally got my 2 physical rewards to go through to the confirmation / shipping page.... but my coins are all still there (for now).

I'll wait to get the digital games when things calm down.
What did you get? I ordered the 800 coin messenger bag, the 700 coin Mario shirt, and still have plenty of coins left.

Thinking of getting Super Metroid later for a digi game, and possibly 101 for Wii U, and maybe a poster set.

Wonder what the Platinum game choices will be! I hope I dont own them all already...

Yeah, I've got about 2000 coins and plan to spend them all on digital games.  Nice selection!  I too hope that the elite/platinum/whatever reward games are not games I already have.

Wow, you guys have a lot of coins to burn! I picked up the calendar for old times' sake. TBH, most of the other physical rewards didn't really grab me, mainly because I'm not a huge Zelda fan. The Animal Crossing decks look nice, but I already have a full-sized one that was an earlier Club Nintendo reward.

If I had some use for the card case, would've gotten that as well, but the rest of my coins are earmarked for HarmoKnight (which has been on my eShop wishlist for awhile) and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again. Gonna pick those codes up when things calm down a bit. And also looking forward to seeing what the Elite Status rewards will be.

I hoard coins and never buy the physical rewards.  I have enough junk already that I need to get rid of in life.

Before they had digital rewards, I did get a washcloth (which I can't even find!), a t-shirt (too small) and a DS case (fits my PSP great)...

what I really want is flipnote 3d and mario land 3d is that too much to ask!? site still hasn't let me do anything :(

My coins total ends in 45. I've gotten nearly all of the coins from free eShop games, so what's the fastest/easiest way for me to get 5/10 more?

If you have languishing wii points, you can buy virtual console games and wiiware for post play surveys, but I believe they have to have been released on the Wii shop channel after December 2010 (maybe 2009? I forget exactly).  Testing that out by finally downloading Chrono Trigger, I'll see if I get a PPS in a week.

So Club Nintendo for each region will go down?  I thought i was just for NoA at first, surprised to see the Japanese one go down, especially with all the cool rewards they've gotten and whatnot.  At least the're offerring all these digital games now, I'll be able to get a few with all the leftover coins I have now.

So Club Nintendo for each region will go down? I thought i was just for NoA at first, surprised to see the Japanese one go down, especially with all the cool rewards they've gotten and whatnot. At least the're offerring all these digital games now, I'll be able to get a few with all the leftover coins I have now.
I don't think they'd take it down unless they had plans to replace it with something else, especially in Japan.

I don't think they'd take it down unless they had plans to replace it with something else, especially in Japan.
Hopefully they've got something in mind, I'd love to be able to receive some of the rewards that were on the same level of Japan's (not that I didn't appreciate the ones we got, but still).

Hopefully they've got something in mind, I'd love to be able to receive some of the rewards that were on the same level of Japan's (not that I didn't appreciate the ones we got, but still).
I'm thinking no more surveys and no more rewards, perhaps instead some kind of cash-back system. I don't know, though.

I'm thinking no more surveys and no more rewards, perhaps instead some kind of cash-back system. I don't know, though.
That would be cool, it was great to get rewarded from games but became reeeeally annoying to have to complete all those surveys when you went awhile without registering any new games that you bought (and then logging back in to do the post-game survey a week later). Hopefully Nintendo is thinking of something unique to do, but I'm fine without a new reward program.

That would be cool, it was great to get rewarded from games but became reeeeally annoying to have to complete all those surveys when you went awhile without registering any new games that you bought (and then logging back in to do the post-game survey a week later). Hopefully Nintendo is thinking of something unique to do, but I'm fine without a new reward program.
Yeah, I actually didn't even mind when I heard about all this. Sure, it means I might not keep getting free games, but it also meant I got a bunch of free games all at once, and now I don't have to do the dang surveys anymore. At least it gave me a place to copy/paste my same old whine about lack of Virtual Console cross-buy and lack of a proper account system... and lack of RPGs and lack of Dragon Quest. I have no idea if anyone ever read them, but still...

At least it gave me a place to copy/paste my same old whine about lack of Virtual Console cross-buy and lack of a proper account system... and lack of RPGs and lack of Dragon Quest. I have no idea if anyone ever read them, but still...
Considering that we still don't have the 3DS remake of DQVII, gonna guess "no" :cry:

I remember doing surveys in the past for Dragon Quest games and whatnot saying, "I want more like this", but have never really used them to vent. Filling them out was a chore to begin with...

bread's done
Back