* * * * - 16 votes

Club Nintendo Deals Thread II: CN Coins no longer can be added - ELITE Awards Posted (Updated 4/1/15)

Poll: CN Poll

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What Status will you make this year?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

With your Current Coin amount Plus what you have to left to redeem how many coins total?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How many years been a CN Member?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:45 PM

LINK TO OLD THREAD: https://www.cheapass...s-up-1117-1214/

ZXEcbSh.jpg

UPDATED INFO: 04/01/15

CN CODES ARE OFFICIALLY OVER NO MORE CODES CAN BE ADDED TO A ACCOUNT

2015 Elite Awards (ALL DIGITAL): https://club.nintend...status-gifts.do

Platinum Only Members:

Spoiler

Platinum / Gold Members
Spoiler

E-Shop Game Rewards:

Physical Awards:
Mario & luigi Greeting Cards 300 Coins
Nintendogs Greeting Cards 300 Coins
Super Smash Bros. 3-Poster Set 700 Coins 
2016 Desktop Calendar 400 Coins
Nintendo 3DS Game Card Case: 2015 Edition 400 Coins
Animal Crossing Mini Playing Cards 600 Coins
3DS XL Pouch: The Legend of Zelda™ 600 Coins
Retro Mario™ T-Shirt  700 Coins
Limited Edition 2013 Platinum Poster Set 700 Coins
Fierce Deity Link Jigsaw Puzzle 800 Coins
The Legend of Zelda™: Majora’s Mask 3D Messenger Bag 800 Coins

Digital Awards:
Wii U:

Spoiler

Wii:
Spoiler

3DS:
Spoiler

2015 Platinum & Gold Rewards Information: (Digital Rewards Only Again this year)

Spoiler

2014 Platinum & Gold Rewards:

Spoiler

GAMES WITH CODE ON ARTWORK:

• Bayonetta 2  :wiiu:
  • Fantasy Life  :3ds:
  • Hyrule Warriors  :wiiu:
  • Pokemon ORAS  :3ds:
  • Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright  :3ds:
  • Smash Bros  :3ds:  :wiiu:

FREE GAMES THAT GIVE COINS:
3DS:

• Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
  • Steel Diver: Sub Wars

Wii U:

• Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Lucadian Chronicles
  • Zen Pinball 2

Eligible Coins Products: Products released after 1/20/2015 cannot be registered at Club Nintendo, earn surveys or Coins.[/size]

Hardware:

Spoiler

:wiiu:
Spoiler

:3ds:
Spoiler

:ds:
Spoiler

:wii:
Spoiler

Important Information on Club Nintendo Program Discontinuation
Dear Club Nintendo Members,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to Nintendo.
We launched Club Nintendo 6 years ago in North America, and we’re grateful for all of the feedback that our members have provided on your experiences with our products.
In order to focus on planning for a new customer loyalty program for our fans, we’ve decided to wind-down the Club Nintendo program. We are deeply thankful to our members for being a part of Club Nintendo for all of these years.
We will share details about our new program at a later date. For now, please see the schedule below for information on the discontinuation timeframe for Club Nintendo.
All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we will add dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog in February. In addition, as a small token of appreciation for your loyalty, all Club Nintendo members will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D in February 2015. Please visit here for information on the software and how to get the download code.

Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule

Spoiler

FAQs about Club Nintendo program discontinuation

Spoiler

• But I have Club Nintendo PIN # that is valid past March 31, 2015.
    •  

• Products cannot be registered after March 31, 2015, regardless of the expiration date written on the PIN card.

• Will the games I download still be registered with Club Nintendo?
    •  

• Club Nintendo-eligible games that you download will continue to be registered to your account automatically until March 31, 2015 if your Nintendo eShop account is linked to your Club Nintendo account. After that date, games will no longer be registered with Club Nintendo. To find out which games you can register, please see Eligible ProductsClick here to learn how to link your Nintendo eShop account to your Club Nintendo account.

• When is the last day to join Club Nintendo?
    •  

• You can join Club Nintendo until March 31, 2015.

• When is the last day to redeem Coins on Club Nintendo?
    •  

• The last day to redeem your Coins is June 30, 2015. Any unused Coins will be deleted on July 1, 2015. We are offering a large number of digital games, and select physical rewards, so we are sure you can find something you like. Limited quantities are available for the physical rewards, so please be sure to check out our Get Games & Rewards page for each item’s availability.

• What happens to my Coins if I don’t use them all?
    •  

• Any unused Coins in your Club Nintendo account will be deleted on July 1, 2015.

• When is the last day to get the download code for the digital games I chose?
    •  

• The last day to access your Club Nintendo account is June 30, 2015, so please be sure to get your 16-digit download code(s) for any games you’ve received before that date.

• Will the download code ever expire?
    •  

• Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date.

• Do I need to cancel my membership?
    •  

• No, your account will automatically be cancelled on July 1, 2015, so there is no need for you to cancel your account.

#2 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

#3 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Reserved

#4 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

Reserved

#5 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

New thread smell.

Guess there's nothing to do with any of the CN codes I just picked up in the last month with my Wii U purchase and games.  Oh well.

#6 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7565 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

Damn

#7 MayorMagikarp  

MayorMagikarp

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

Wow, Nintendo! Making all of the right moves lately.

#8 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

Thanks for making me pay attention to two threads now.

Now I get to complain in two threads!

#9 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

Looking forward to 1) February rewards and 2) CN website keeping up with the surveys being entered instead of kicking me back with "Whoops!" messages.

#10 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6689 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

I posted this in the other thread but since this one has that new car smell...

Well it was fun while it lasted for me. I am only 70 coins shy of the required 600 for platinum for this year. I noticed a lot of people have codes they have yet to redeem. Does someone perhaps have 1 or 2 codes they could pass my way to ensure I reach the goal? Thanks!

#11 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11779 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

I feel like I should just get the poster set. I still have 1000+ coins. :lol:

#12 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

Quoting from previous thread:

so my dilemma right now is whether I get Super Metroid & Punch-Out VC games (two games I actually want), and then pay the $1.50 to upgrade each to Wii U....or...do I wait until February or whatever and see what Nintendo offers for me to dump my coins?  I'm only out $3 for two classics that I enjoy, but I'll be pissed if they offer a huge list of choices next month for me to choose from.

Wait.  Both of those games will be up until the end in June it says.

Welcome to the "club"!

Oh I've been platinum for months. :rofl:

At around 2200 for the year.

#13 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14455 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

New thread smell.

Guess there's nothing to do with any of the CN codes I just picked up in the last month with my Wii U purchase and games. Oh well.

The major restock is in 2 weeks. Plus if you get Gold/Platinum by the end of March you get a free game. Last year the game values for Gold/Platinum were mainly $5-$15 games with the exceptions of DKC on 3DS & the Warioware game for Wii U.

#14 CommanderShiro   Teal Mecha CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

CommanderShiro

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

140 coins shy of Platinum at the moment. Sucks that Majora's Mask won't come with a code. 

#15 WickedCyclone  

WickedCyclone

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

Wow I am so pissed, they had some really awesome rewards before, but I was expecting them to shut it down from the lack of rewards. Doesn't make sense that they will add more physical rewards in Feb. Probably nothing new, maybe just left over stuff. I will save my coins till then I guess. I probably have a ton of stuff to register though.

My guess is the new program will be something digital. Probably $5 back on $50, early access to demos, and maybe more.

I was pretty excited about flipnote but it seems like it might not be an online version.

Really sucks what Nintendo is doing. First NP now this.

If they bring the gold nunchuck back, I will be happy though. They should have announced some rewards and something to do with the new rewards program instead of just killing it.

#16 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, I think most of us are expecting whatever left overs they have left.

If the new program was basically DDP for both systems I think we would all throw a jubilee.  Seems too generous.

#17 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9943 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

It's somewhat disappointing to see the program end but I really won't miss it too much. The Mario hat was cool the first year for a Platinum Reward and the statue was nice (I didn't get Platinum that year) and it seems like each year since then has been a disappointment with the Platinum rewards with of course last year and the no actual item worse.The items you can redeem the coins for except maybe the gold nunchuk weren't that great either.

I'm hoping they add some good non game rewards next month but I'm afraid anything worth getting will either be a ridiculous amount of coins or will sell out almost instantly.

#18 TechVW   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

Not just North America...

Europe http://www.nintendo....ndo-949921.html
Japan http://www.nintendo..../2015/0120.html

#19 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

We know but we don't live there and they had better programs the whole time.  Also they got the regular N3DS.  Screw them.

#20 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

We know but we don't live there and they had better programs the whole time. Also they got the regular N3DS. Screw them.

is it to much they if they do something similar to coins again that they copy bing in a way. Where as let say a game is 200 coins then basic members pay full price gold members would pay 190 (5% off) and platinum pay 180 (10% off)

#21 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

Quoting from previous thread:

Wait.  Both of those games will be up until the end in June it says.

Oh I've been platinum for months. :rofl:

At around 2200 for the year.

I was at Platinum around last July - right around the time the 2014 Platinum reward came around. I can still remember all the rage from that...

And if DDP becomes the new program...Nah, it's way too good to even be a proposal at Nintendo's office.

#22 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3775 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

New thread....Too bad it won't last for that long...

#23 TechVW   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

Where as let say a game is 200 coins then basic members pay full price gold members would pay 190 (5% off) and platinum pay 180 (10% off)

I could see them bringing back the Deluxe Digital Promotion, except requiring you to fill out surveys (which could be integrated with the eShop)

#24 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3391 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

I guess it's time to cash in all the coins i have on games I've yet to register.

#25 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

Well call me a DAG, I didn't realize this was a new thread. Derp.

#26 NightwingHQ  

NightwingHQ

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

Just got on the CN train at Christmas time with the Wii U so I guess I better make this one count! I'm sitting at 320 coins now, anyone mind sharing any tips on getting a bunch of coins cheaply (via GS or any other avenues?) I'm also looking for a SSB 3DS code (I don't have a 3DS) to at least get Mewtwo, I'm willing to pay a bit if someone has one they don't need.

#27 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:23 PM

I'm hoping the "New Program" is just as good or better than Club Nintendo.  And not just some kind of boiler plate legal speak that will completely disappoint come July......

#28 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

Just got on the CN train at Christmas time with the Wii U so I guess I better make this one count! I'm sitting at 320 coins now, anyone mind sharing any tips on getting a bunch of coins cheaply (via GS or any other avenues?) I'm also looking for a SSB 3DS code (I don't have a 3DS) to at least get Mewtwo, I'm willing to pay a bit if someone has one they don't need.

Wii Fit.  Only a buck or so, and its around 100 points, I think....

#29 lakers714  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

Go dumpster diving I heard it's a goldmine for codes lol 

#30 DeadReckon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

I'm hoping the "New Program" is just as good or better than Club Nintendo.  And not just some kind of boiler plate legal speak that will completely disappoint come July......

Considering the slow decline of CN over the years, I'm not going to hold out hope for a better system.