* * * * - 16 votes

Club Nintendo Deals Thread II: CN Coins no longer can be added - ELITE Awards Posted (Updated 4/1/15)

Poll: CN Poll

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What Status will you make this year?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

With your Current Coin amount Plus what you have to left to redeem how many coins total?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How many years been a CN Member?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10440 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

Well call me a DAG, I didn't realize this was a new thread. Derp.

#32 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:31 PM

I'm hoping the "New Program" is just as good or better than Club Nintendo.  And not just some kind of boiler plate legal speak that will completely disappoint come July......

Well, you just made a self fulfilling prophecy.

#33 frowninclown   Retail's for suckaz. CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

frowninclown

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

Good Idea! Upsetting this is being discontinued..

#34 frowninclown   Retail's for suckaz. CAGiversary!   335 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

frowninclown

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:35 PM

Just got on the CN train at Christmas time with the Wii U so I guess I better make this one count! I'm sitting at 320 coins now, anyone mind sharing any tips on getting a bunch of coins cheaply (via GS or any other avenues?) I'm also looking for a SSB 3DS code (I don't have a 3DS) to at least get Mewtwo, I'm willing to pay a bit if someone has one they don't need.

Theres people on eBay who sell codes 20 bucks got me 8 codes so I could go platinum

#35 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

I posted this in the other thread but since this one has that new car smell...

Well it was fun while it lasted for me. I am only 70 coins shy of the required 600 for platinum for this year. I noticed a lot of people have codes they have yet to redeem. Does someone perhaps have 1 or 2 codes they could pass my way to ensure I reach the goal? Thanks!

I've got lots of Crush 3D codes and a Wii Fit code I'll never use.  Yours if you want it.

#36 MaraciaNiAsa  

MaraciaNiAsa

Well, I know what I'm going to be doing tonight when I get home. Just really getting back into video games this past year or so (cuz I can finally afford to do so) and all the good programs seem to be ending. Ah well, I completely missed the GameCube and Wii generation so getting some download codes may be the way to go for me anyway.

#37 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10440 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

I'm not surprised the current incarnation of a rewards program is being retired, it can be so easily abused with people selling each other their codes...

#38 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4348 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:40 PM

I will always remember the day I discovered cn and dig through all my cases for codes. Rest in peace

#39 ryuzx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

I'm not surprised the current incarnation of a rewards program is being retired, it can be so easily abused with people selling each other their codes...

This, plus people (like me) sitting on codes to maintain Platinum year after year, and still going triple Platinum. If anything Club Nintendo v 2 is just a way for Nintendo to be rid of all those years of codes once and for all and start fresh, perhaps having new codes expire even faster.

#40 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4050 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

Wii Fit.  Only a buck or so, and its around 100 points, I think....

I posted about that last thread. I managed to find one that was mispriced, or maybe because the store had a lot of it it was marked down, but all the other ones I saw were about 4-5 dollars. Still really good, but just remember that someone may have poached those codes over the years.

#41 Versafied   Formerly known as vlv723 CAGiversary!   2942 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

Lots of negativity regarding Nintendo and unsure if the media covered them or editorials that Nintendo doesn't listen to their customers.

• Discontinuing Club Nintendo [I know a new one will replace it as I hated doing those long generic surveys to get coins]
  • Not extending the Digital Deluxe Promotion program for Wii U
  • Not changing their DRM [console-bind not account-bind] when buying digital at their eShop
  • Not releasing the "new" regular 3DS to the US since they feel customers prefer the XL version
  • Mother 3

Unlike Microsoft who pulled a 180 after that abysmal XBox One presentation at E3 2013, Nintendo is brushing their shoulders off and tell the fans and media to: 

iwata   deal with It By meistery d638660

#42 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16520 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

This, plus people (like me) sitting on codes to maintain Platinum year after year, and still going triple Platinum. If anything Club Nintendo v 2 is just a way for Nintendo to be rid of all those years of codes once and for all and start fresh, perhaps having new codes expire even faster.

As I was submitting post play surveys for games that came out in 2006, I'm sure that's part of it.

#43 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6826 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

Question: does using a Club Nintendo code devalue a used game on the secondary market considering they won't be useful after the program ends anyway?

#44 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Banned   1787 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

In the end I have 470 coins. Better get those physical rewards because those will probably go fast.

#45 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

I have a strange mixture of sadness that the program is ending just as I'm finally able to take advantage of it, and a little bit of satisfaction that it's not just ending in NA because my first thought when I saw the announcement page was, "Why does Nintendo hate us...".

WTF Nintendo?
Now I gotta go register a bunch of things. At least my coins may not be completely going to waste I guess.

#46 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

I have a strange mixture of sadness that the program is ending just as I'm finally able to take advantage of it, and a little bit of satisfaction that it's not just ending in NA because my first thought when I saw the announcement page was, "Why does Nintendo hate us...".

WTF Nintendo?
Now I gotta go register a bunch of things. At least my coins may not be completely going to waste I guess.

Don't worry, it will prove out that Nintendo hates us.  Next month Nintendo will throw up all this amazing stuff for people to get in EU and JP and we'll get... cleaning cloths and NES games no one wants.

#47 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

I will always remember the day I discovered cn and dig through all my cases for codes. Rest in peace

Dear God, I remember when I got my 3DS XL M&L edition back in December 2013 (lol, I opened it loooong before Christmas). I was just registering the thing just to get extra time on the warranty...then I saw the site that said you could get coins for your games. What's this? I can register my old Professor Layton games for coins? Then later in January I found a Wii that was never registered at a Goodwill along with a bunch of Wii games at GS that weren't registered. Yep, it will be missed.

#48 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7565 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

Don't worry, it will prove out that Nintendo hates us.  Next month Nintendo will throw up all this amazing stuff for people to get in EU and JP and we'll get... cleaning cloths and NES games no one wants.

Or a Nintendo branded screwdriver to help little kids change SD cards on their New 3DS XLs.

#49 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

Or a Nintendo branded screwdriver to help little kids change SD cards on their New 3DS XLs.

Too practical, will never happen.

#50 DoctorZ  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

Looks like this is my last chance to get platinum status. 

#51 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3585 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

Looks like they finally updated the site to remove the out of stock items.

#52 DetectiveConanA113  

DetectiveConanA113

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

Don't worry, it will prove out that Nintendo hates us. Next month Nintendo will throw up all this amazing stuff for people to get in EU and JP and we'll get... cleaning cloths and NES games no one wants.

You're right, I'll save my anger for February. :P

#53 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1824 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

Tagging thread for now, sad to see CN go, but hopes of something unique with the next loyalty program.

#54 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10440 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

In the end I have 470 coins. Better get those physical rewards because those will probably go fast.

I've ordered two of those 18-cart game cases and I've been mulling over on a third.  Now I'm scared so I better go for it!!!

EDIT:  F@ck...

#55 elessar123  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

Or chargers for the New 3DSes.

#56 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

I've ordered two of those 18-cart game cases and I've been mulling over on a third. Now I'm scared so I better go for it!!!

the cases sold out earlier so if you haven't ordered yet you are unfortunetly sol

#57 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10440 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

the cases sold out earlier so if you haven't ordered yet you are unfortunetly sol

I noticed that.  They took one of them down, but the other is still up and sold out.  Noooooooo </stupiddarthvadermeme>

#58 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

I noticed that.  They took one of them down, but the other is still up and sold out.  Noooooooo </stupiddarthvadermeme>

You're welcome! 

2011-09-12-darthvadernooo-533x366.jpg

#59 Throne of Ooze  

Throne of Ooze

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

Pretty bummed they are closing up CN. I've always had fun sneaking pics of Nintendo slips at the local gamestop with my iPhone

*Le sigh*

Currently sitting at 1570 coins right now, not sure which games to spend them on right now

55 coins away from reaching platinum for the year if anyone wants to throw a code my way  :pray:

#60 TheDingo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

TheDingo

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

Will they still give coins for eShop purchases of games released before 1/20?  Still need another 25 to get to Plat.

...Or can I pick up a couple of the CN titles and have post play surveys that add up to 25?