Sony is going to profit from the Christmas outage.

jedi0077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
When Sony announced the 10% off scheme I laughed. Though part of me was thinking that maybe something I wanted would be on sale and the 10% extra would get me to buy. I wasn't really surprised when I logged on Tuesday to see nearly nothing discounted. If you want Thief your set. It's terrible but might be cheap enough for trophy hunters at 17.99(plus 10%!)

Honestly I think the days of plus were enough to make me happy. I just think it's funny they are going to profit handsomely for a lengthy outage lol

Note* I only have a PS4 and Vita so if something is on sale on the PS3 it's not on my radar.

screen_shot_2014-11-25_at_4.58.14_am.jpg

Well you can also make the argument that Sony profited from the PSN Blackout years ago with the "Welcome Back" program since those 30-day PS Plus trials created new subscriptions.

Its just Sony trying to mitigate damages. Why should we be angry @ that? Nobody is forcing you to buy anything...

That was smart of Sony was launching the Flash Sale today on top of the 10% off code. Not only will developers/publishers see more sales, Sony ultimately makes more money off of this as well.

It depends on what Sony's markup is.  You have to be aware that the end consumer isn't the only one affected.  Developers and publishers (and even retailers) suffer when the infrastructure around a console is down.  This 10% was a smart move to entice sales, while Sony's profit will likely be minimal it's probably meant to also compensate publishers for the downtime as well.  Christmas break outage is a significant loss of revenue.

bread's done
Back