Supergirl TV Series: Starts Monday's at 8pm (Nov 2015)

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/01/22/breaking-news-supergirl-is-cast

Melissa-Benoist-02_580_54c143725b32b0.97519863.jpg

hmmm..... not too shabby looking

holy shit

http://io9.com/heres-tvs-new-supergirl-in-her-super-outfit-1689933144

mdgimr2qkpondf4m9txd.jpg

utci0a5xnrimn3ayfsdd.jpg

first trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I was going to say her smile is a little strange, but then I realized it's much better than resting bitch-face.  If she's any good, I have high hopes.

what are the chances that the same thing that happened to the NBC WW pilot happens to this series, where it's filmed, screened and canned before the public sees it?

Edit: Oops wrong topic.

Jimmy Olsen is played by Mechad Brooks, not my first choice to play Superman's Pal. But he'll be too cool for the role, and will probably be Supergirl's love interest. Eh...

Me too especially considering we'll NEVER see Superman in the tv universe, but I guess the power of executive boners rules the land.

Disappointed with Jimmy Olsen, considering they made him soo un-Jimmy. An Alpha Male?!

There ya go folks

So they aren't taking the slow smallville approach ... she is actually in her suit from the start...hmmm...not too shabby.

utci0a5xnrimn3ayfsdd.jpg

I guess Geoff Johns realized nobody wants to watch another freakin' origin story. I like the costume, except for the fabric and colors. The costume designer for the other two shows made a terrific Arrow costume, but I don't like the dark colors of the Flash costume, when Barry is supposed to contrast the dour Oliver. We don't know how Supergirl will be filmed, but I'm guessing it won't dark and gritty.  What do movie and tv show producers have against solid bright colors? You'd think a positive superhero would wear inspiring colors.

I guess people are going to gripe about the not-so-sexiness of this costume. Like why are her legs not showing, or why is she wearing a skirt, and where's the cleavage or crap like that. Oh to moan that it's not as fappable as Lynda Carter's costume.

Yes, because in the DC universe all it takes is for a Kryptonian to wear glasses and the entire modern civilization is clueless to even suspect that she is a superhero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo

Looks like I'm going to skip to episode 2 of Supergirl. I think Benoist would make a great Supergirl, but it's only held down by the fact that the writers think her story is going to be close to a romcom, even if it can be everything Man of Steel should've been. It looks like it's going to take place in an alternate universe, unless somehow they decide to make this show take place in the future (doubtful as even Gotham has the gall to say it's 2015).

That was a pretty good first trailer.  It has potential to be a good tv series.....  How long will CBS keep it before they can it?? Who knows... I am still bitter with them over the cancellation of Jericho.

Reddit was absolutely blasting the show last night but I think it looks good. Yeah, it has a pretty blatant romcom tone but I like that it's different than almost every other "gritty/dark/edgy" take on superheroes these days and that's a little refreshing. I haven't watched Arrow or Flash at all but this one has my attention that might at least give it a shot.

Too sitcom-ish/romcom-ish for my tastes, but I am still excited to see the continued extension of the DC brand in other media. Plus, being on CBS, there is a good chance the character could eventually crossover with the Arrow-verse.

Too sitcom-ish/romcom-ish for my tastes, but I am still excited to see the continued extension of the DC brand in other media. Plus, being on CBS, there is a good chance the character could eventually crossover with the Arrow-verse.
that is what i think too, i doubt it will last more than one season.

I am actually pretty interested. I heard that the creator of Arrow and The Flash is interested in a cross-over with Super-Girl. I'd like to see that for sure. 

I am actually pretty interested. I heard that the creator of Arrow and The Flash is interested in a cross-over with Super-Girl. I'd like to see that for sure.
Yep, Berlanti has made it clear that he wants to eventually cross the character over to the CW series. It's definitely possible, considering that the CW is essentially a joint venture between CBS and Warner Bros, but CBS does appear to want to keep the character to themselves and in a separate universe (we already know that Superman exists there). But with The Flash establishing a multiverse in the season finale, it's possible they could eventually portray a "Crisis"-level event and simply have Supergirl be from an alternate Earth.

I managed to see the pilot on youtube last night....

Keeping it under spoilers since it hasn't been released yet officially... but I am sure it's only a matter of time before CBS does.

I thought it was good...NOT great.  The pilot felt VERY rushed.  I honestly felt that it would have been better if this was a two hour pilot that took it's time developing the character into what she is to become.  WAY too many people know who she really is...either by her telling people, or some agency knowing about her, or Clark telling Jimmy about her to look out for her.

The special effects were OK...not mind blowing.   You kinda like how Melissa Benoist plays both characters.

The version I saw was like 480p and the picture seemed off set and in some parts out of sync.

I managed to see the pilot on youtube last night....

Keeping it under spoilers since it hasn't been released yet officially... but I am sure it's only a matter of time before CBS does.

I thought it was good...NOT great. The pilot felt VERY rushed. I honestly felt that it would have been better if this was a two hour pilot that took it's time developing the character into what she is to become. WAY too many people know who she really is...either by her telling people, or some agency knowing about her, or Clark telling Jimmy about her to look out for her.

The special effects were OK...not mind blowing. You kinda like how Melissa Benoist plays both characters.

The version I saw was like 480p and the picture seemed off set and in some parts out of sync.
You liked it more than I did. I'm not going to say it's bad, even though I kind of want to. It just isn't for me, which is fine. I've got the Flash, plus there's a chance Arrow may finally be the show I've been hoping it would become in the fourth season.

I'm curious how long Supergirl will last on CBS, to be honest. Both it and Titans over on TNT seem like big question marks, because their past offerings and demographics don't entirely lead you to believe that superhero shows belong on either channel.

bread's done
Back