Select McFarlane Resin Statues (BOGO Free) - Edward Kenway, Halo 4, Rick Grimes, Stone Cold, Undertaker

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Use promo code "FreeResin" to activate BOGO offer.

Here is the link:

http://www.mcfarlanetoysstore.com/entertainmentcc.html

Not sure if it works for statues not on this page.

Statues that are available to order:

Edward Kenway (Assassin's Creed)

Halo 4 Master Chief 

The Walking Dead (Comic) Rick Grimes

Stone Cold Steve Austin (WWE)

The Undertaker (WWE)

The Undertaker Proof (WWE)

The total for two statues should be $295.00 after coupon code. Shipping is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
OT but does CAG has a statue thread? Tried searching but couldn't find anything...

I regularly keep up to date on products released from TriForce, GamingHeads, McFarlane and others.

I ordered Rick grimes, master chief and both wwe wrestlers.
I got Rick Grimes because I already have the Michonne statue and Edward Kenway because I'm a bigger AC fan then Halo.

That being said the WWE statues look really nice.

A statue thread would be awesome. I collect Sideshow Marvel statues
There might be one somewhere... I just couldn't find it in the search results. I hate posting stand alone statue deals even when they're very good ones like this (you almost never see 50% off which this essentially is) because a lot of CAGS are kids and their spending habits consist of only buying games/items from the dump bins at Kmart.

Would love to have Undertaker and Stone Cold. Still, at $150 each after the discount, that's a ton of money for me right now. 

Went in with a co-worker that had been interested in the Stone Cold statue when it first got announced. He gets Stone Cold and I got Rick Grimes. These statues are well worth $150. I had sold my Michonne back when it first came out, regretting that a little now. Would have looked great together.

As much as I wanna have ol' Stone Cold on display to give out stunners to any sumnabitch that pisses him off...

That's hella expensive for me.

I got Rick Grimes because I already have the Michonne statue and Edward Kenway because I'm a bigger AC fan then Halo.
That being said the WWE statues look really nice.

There might be one somewhere... I just couldn't find it in the search results. I hate posting stand alone statue deals even when they're very good ones like this (you almost never see 50% off which this essentially is) because a lot of CAGS are kids and their spending habits consist of only buying games/items from the dump bins at Kmart.
I ended up grabbing an AC statue because of you and that unpainted undertaker. My wallet thanks you.

Wow.. I am just going to town on these. I have 6 orders placed so far (12 figures). Thanks!
I would pump the brakes a little if you're looking to resell. The price you're paying is great but the resale market isn't huge (you might do okay with TWD statues) and these take up a lot of space.

Some of the more limited GamingHeads statues do alright (limited to 500 or less) but McFarlane does 1000+ for most of these.

I would pump the brakes a little if you're looking to resell. The price you're paying is great but the resale market isn't huge (you might do okay with TWD statues) and these take up a lot of space.

Some of the more limited GamingHeads statues do alright (limited to 500 or less) but McFarlane does 1000+ for most of these.
I know.. I hear ya but I figure with getting one free even if it takes a while to sell it I don't really see any way to not make a little profit on this.. with a potential large profit. Space isn't really an issue.

Now my question is if some of these only have 750 or even 50 for the unpainted ones.. how are there any left in stock? Do they do reprints or something?

I know.. I hear ya but I figure with getting one free even if it takes a while to sell it I don't really see any way to not make a little profit on this.. with a potential large profit. Space isn't really an issue.

Now my question is if some of these only have 750 or even 50 for the unpainted ones.. how are there any left in stock? Do they do reprints or something?
No reprints. Each will be individually numbered and should come with a CoA.

I don't think this is a marketed promotion; I get e-mails from them and that is the only reason I knew about it. That being said it would take a while to sell through these even at a discount because most people can't justify the $300 price tag.

I wasn't trying to make money but I figured even if I sold a little low it was a good way for me to get a significant discount on the ones I wanted to keep.

Darn it the halo statues are sold out. Now to decide if I should get that Austin and undertaker statue.

F it I got the wresting statues. :)

I got Rick Grimes and Master Chief in the mail a few days ago. They are absolutely gorgeous!! The pictures on the site do not give these justice. I wish I had bought a few of the other ones.

Can somebody explain to me the whole collecting high price statue thing? I'm not knocking it at all. I just don't get it. I'm a adult, I work 2 jobs and have plenty of money saved up so I could afford these but I just don't get spending $150 let alone $300 on a statue. That seems crazy to me. I mean it just sits there right? Maybe there's something Im missing here.

Are these like collecting baseball cards or comics where your waiting for the value to increase to resell or what? I guess I'm just a little confused.

Can somebody explain to me the whole collecting high price statue thing? I'm not knocking it at all. I just don't get it. I'm a adult, I work 2 jobs and have plenty of money saved up so I could afford these but I just don't get spending $150 let alone $300 on a statue. That seems crazy to me. I mean it just sits there right? Maybe there's something Im missing here.

Are these like collecting baseball cards or comics where your waiting for the value to increase to resell or what? I guess I'm just a little confused.

Yeah I don't know what it is either. I wish I had that kind of money to burn on these kinds of things. If I had the will and energy to get a second job. I so would get a second job just for stuff like this. My main job for bills and food.

Edit: WTF?! It double quoted and I can't edit/delete the first quote.

people collect all kinds of stuff, there are guys who spend $1m on a stamp or a coin or a map from 200 years ago.  statues are just another thing.  usually its a nostalgia thing, the item invokes memories of a more pleasant time for you, and since it can be so hard to conjure up past pleasant memories, prices for that kind of thing can be literally priceless.

that said probably most of us are not collectors, i know I just view it as a bunch of garbage and in fact CAG has been really bad on that front for me, whenever I see cheap CEs I feel the urge to jump on it even though I have no attachment to any of it.  I bought the Titanfall statue for 70% off and use it as a halloween and xmas decoration every year, total waste of money and its all beat up and pee'd on by the dogs but oh well

if you edit a post you can click the Hide button to effectively delete it

Yeah, collecting statues and figures is just another hobby that some people have. People usually collect things that they love. Whether its automobiles, stamps, pins, comics, shoes, and so on. Certain figures and statues are worth their asking price due to the sizes and detail of the item itself. I generally collect only figures and statues from anime, games and tv shows that i really like. It's just nice having them displayed on a shelf.

Personally, I have a game room in my basement that's decorated with mostly video game collectibles. I typically only buy items I get a great deal on or find at yard sales. My initial intention was to buy 2 of these resin statues and sell one to offset the cost of the one I keep, but they looked so great, I kept both. I guess eventually when I retire and downsize, I hope they retain some value and I can sell them for close to what I pay or a little more. So, in a way, I kinda look at them as an investment. 

[attachment=11912:Kratos_2a_by_MarkNewman.jpg]Yep, some statues are worth it to me.  Like this one, I would drop $300 no problem if given the chance.

I dont post much but thought id throw my opinion in here. As someone already said people collect a variety of things. Whether it be simply about rarity, something that speaks to a past attachment, or just simply things that represent a persons interest. Its actually why I love collecting so much is cause its not a one way kinda thing. Everyone has there own spin and personal touch on how they choose to represent that part of there life.

This is a picture of a small part of my collection (not finished as im waiting on a couple things to come in). I dont feel I go overboard and really only try to collect items that pertain to movies/games that I really am invested in (still waiting on someone to do an amazing bioshock big daddy statue!!!). Anyways, I always enjoy the topic of collecting and also really enjoy seeing other peoples.
es9ttk.jpg

I love that Uncharted statue!! Last year I almost bought a 7' statue of a Big Daddy and a 3' Little Sister. They were amazing but a little too rich for my blood. 

I love that Uncharted statue!! Last year I almost bought a 7' statue of a Big Daddy and a 3' Little Sister. They were amazing but a little too rich for my blood.
Are you referring to these by NECA? I got lucky and was able to snag them at normal cost years ago. Love the bioshock series so much.

296g1zl.jpg

No, I've got a few of those. I mean a 7 foot, 250 pound statue. It was used in some game stores when Bioshock 2 came out. I will try to dig up a picture.

Ohhhhh I know what your talking about! Yea I dont think I could swing that kinda money around for something like that. I am still just shocked that nobody did a statue line of Bioshock. But the NECA ones ares great so they will do. 

Is there another forum or group that's good for discussing deals on statues and figures etc? Seems these deals would mostly not be welcome on the CAG main page but I'd probably buy more of this stuff if I knew when the BOGO sales and things like that were happening.

Does anybody know if you have to buy the system there on the spot? It sounds like they give you a card... that'd give me a chance to use that "I'm sorry we thought we had fifteen minutes worth of Zelda consoles" coupon they sent me.

Uh...wrong thread?
Im thinking so, haha. I was trying to piece his post to this thread and it just wasnt happening. In response to your question about a specific forum based around deals on collectibles I would love to know as well. There are plenty else around the net but the community here is great so itd be fun.

bread's done
Back