Official Sears/Kmart Price Match Compilation (YMMV)

angel98

CAGiversary!
Welcome to the Sears/Kmart Price Match Thread! 

Almost by definition a price match will always be "Your Mileage May Vary" (YMMV), but I will do my best to put information and strategies in the original post to give people the best chance at price matching.

I will do my best to keep this thread up to date and also continue to improve the FAQ about price matching at these different stores.

If I were a betting man I would bet that Kmart and Sears will not be around in the near future and they are likely to stop selling games even sooner than that.  This makes for great price matching opportunities as well as a very short lived thread.  Let's enjoy it while we can.

Sears

No notable deals at Sears right now   :-({|=

K-Mart

No notable deals at KMart right now  :-({|=

Corporate Price Match Links

General FAQ

Why compile only Sears and Kmart?

Both Sears and Kmart are part of the same company and often have very low clearance prices on their video games.  The only problem is that when a game is priced that low they are often out of stock online and in store.  The best solution is to Price Match to a competitor such as Best Buy or Walmart, but those policies usually stipulate that the item has to be in stock online or in store.  This is where Sears/Kmart rises above the rest.  Their mobile page has a glitch where it will show the item in stock until you actually try to add it to your cart.  Example, the image below was taken when :xb1: Titanfall had been sold out for weeks.  When you attempt to price match, this is what the employees sees.  They don't know it's out of stock until they try to add it to the cart.

GhyNs6R.png

How do I Price Match?

It is a fairly simple process, but can be intimidating if you've never done it before.  Every store has a slightly different method for price matching, but the universal method is:

1.  Get a game

2.  Ask to price match

At Best Buy you pick up the game yourself and walk it to a register or the CS desk and ask for a PM.  At Target (please note that Target policy does not price match Sears or KMart, but it is possible to do it), Walmart, or TRU you ask for an employee to retrieve a game for you, then ask for a price match.

The employee with then ask what the price is, where you are price matching it from, and see your phone for proof (or pull it up on their own mobile device).  Sometimes regular employees can do the price match themselves, sometimes they will need manager approval/override.  If all goes smoothly, your new price will ring up +tax and you can pay like you normally do.  Additional coupons/deals might also apply, but that is another YMMV situation.

Problems with Price Matching FAQ

Q: The employee searched for my game on sears.com, but a different price came up.  Why?

A: Sears, like Amazon and Best Buy, have 3rd party sellers that show up on their site.  Tell the employee to refine the results by modifying the "Sold by" option to "Sears only".  This should bring up the correct result.

Q: I price matched at Best Buy, but didn't get my 20% GCU discount.

A: Gamer Club Unlocked is a great service, but unfortunately it does not stack with price matches.  You can choose one or the other.

Q: My item couldn't be priced matched because XXX.

A: It's best to know the store's price match policy.  I've posted links above.  My best advice is know the policy, but be polite and be understanding.  Also, have a smart phone with you so you can look up the policy (smart phones also help since you are price matching to an online price).

Q: I was denied price match because XXX.

A: Price matches can be denied for any reason at any time.  It is up to the managers discretion.  I've mostly had success, but I've been denied a few times as well for no other reason than, "I can't do it".

Previous CAG Sears/Kmart PM Threads

All advice or notes are welcome.  This is my first attempt at a compilation thread and I want to make sure it looks good and has all the information anyone could need (if they read the OP).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tempted to pick up 3D Land. I actually enjoyed what bit of it I had the chance of playing a while back. Thanks OP! Will check this thread frequently for updates :D

I bought 3D Land on Black Friday for $15 and haven't played it....fml. Pretty sure Target's return period is 30 days if you paid with a gift card right?

Awesome might be in for 3d land

Side note:
Is it possible to have the 3d functionality be screwed up? I just bought a used 3dsxl from salvation army, it was in really good condition but I don't remember having a problem on the original 3ds back when they made the price drop.

Added a few more games and a first draft of a FAQ.  Right now Sears has a few notables, but Kmart is completely barren.  This is my first attempt at a thread like this, but I wanted to have a compilation thread for this because I've had a lot of success PMing games from sears and kmart.  Any and all advice or notes are welcome and encouraged.

Appreciate having this thread. I've gotten some great PM's from Sears/Kmart the last few months, Donkey Kong Wii U $29.99, Super Mario 3D Wii U $29.99 & Castlevania Lord Of Shadows 2 PS3 $4.99 just to name a few. :)

So whenever Sears has one of these deals and I try to PM with BB, I always get shot down because they tell me that the game isn't in stock online or in nearby stores.  How do you guys get around this?

So whenever Sears has one of these deals and I try to PM with BB, I always get shot down because they tell me that the game isn't in stock online or in nearby stores. How do you guys get around this?
I use my iPhone to show them. If you are on their mobile site, it will still show the "add to cart" option, so they wouldn't know if it's out of stock or not. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my iPhone to show them. If you are on their mobile site, it will still show the "add to cart" option, so they wouldn't know if it's out of stock or not. ;)
See, when I've tried it, the price doesn't show up on the mobile links. Even if it did, the guys at my BB always check on their own computers, and as soon as they see it's OOS online and at nearby stores, they shoot me down. Guess I need to find a BB with more lackadaisical employees.

There is nothing available at my local Sears/KMart any time of the day or year. Having said that, for the sheer effort and thought, the OP should be applauded. 

:bow:

See, when I've tried it, the price doesn't show up on the mobile links. Even if it did, the guys at my BB always check on their own computers, and as soon as they see it's OOS online and at nearby stores, they shoot me down. Guess I need to find a BB with more lackadaisical employees.
So sometimes the price doesn't show up on the mobile link if you have to add to cart, but I posted a screenshot of what I see on the mobile site in the OP and I always see the price of the game. Of course, if your BB employees check on a computer and not a mobile device they will see it is OOS.

Just curious, is your Best Buy in a shady area? I only ask because my sister in law is a Target store manager in a poorer neighborhood and people come in and abuse the POS in crazy ways so they end up training the employees very well. The target and BB I go to are in an affluent area and they never question me when trying to do PMs. I even once PMed something at Target where the guy just asked me the price and retailer, but didn't ask for proof and just input it in the computer and rang it up. I didn't lie about the price, but I guess I could have.

So sometimes the price doesn't show up on the mobile link if you have to add to cart, but I posted a screenshot of what I see on the mobile site in the OP and I always see the price of the game. Of course, if your BB employees check on a computer and not a mobile device they will see it is OOS.

Just curious, is your Best Buy in a shady area? I only ask because my sister in law is a Target store manager in a poorer neighborhood and people come in and abuse the POS in crazy ways so they end up training the employees very well. The target and BB I go to are in an affluent area and they never question me when trying to do PMs. I even once PMed something at Target where the guy just asked me the price and retailer, but didn't ask for proof and just input it in the computer and rang it up. I didn't lie about the price, but I guess I could have.
No my BB is actually in a pretty nice area. I think all the customer service employees have just been told to always look up price matches on their own computers. I've still been able to get lucky a few times (got FH2 for Xbone on Thanksgiving PMed with MS Store for $29.99 even though BB wasn't supposed to PM Black Friday deals and even though MS Store was down), but I've never gotten one of these Sears deals PMed.

My mobile sears.com experience is wildly different...for example I see multiple listings for Mario 3D Land and they all range from $35 to $60. #WTF

My mobile sears.com experience is wildly different...for example I see multiple listings for Mario 3D Land and they all range from $35 to $60. #WTF
Happened to me with Titanfall and I put it in the OP. Basically, Sears has 3rd party sellers so you have to filter the results to get items shipped and sold by sears. That should give you the right item.

Their mobile site is a total fucking piece of shit.
No, those are just marketplace sellers. Like Amazon and Best Buy, there are other commercial entities on Sears selling their stuff. They have it for those enormous prices. On the left-hand side you can select Sears as the only seller and it will show you only Sears-sold products. It'll save time, the other sellers on Sears are worse than the Amazon and eBay idiots.

I work at a Kmart and can confirm first hand, that they and Sears are no longer getting any videogame stuff as of the week after last black friday.  Last Game we got, was Halo Master Chief Collection.

I work at a Kmart and can confirm first hand, that they and Sears are no longer getting any videogame stuff as of the week after last black friday. Last Game we got, was Halo Master Chief Collection.
Which would explain why one of the Sears by me had what little bit of Video Game related stuff in a little clearance area, with a sign saying "50% off marked price". Included in that lot? A red 3DSXL.

Found a Nintendo 2DS that rung up $0 and said it was a mangers choice for what he wanted to sell it for. Got it for $59.99. All that was left related to gaming besides that was one copy of COD ghosts for Xbox 360.

bread's done
Back