Anyone getting weird spam msgs on their Xbox One?

Two times today got a msg talking about saferaffle.com how they won an xbox...etc
Yep been getting those and FIFA UT ones. My friend has been broadcasting us on Twitch playing Destiny and that is when it started for me. I just block and report them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get a message like below once every two weeks. I report and block every time and still get one from a diff account. Funny thing is, I barely ever played Fifa. I last played it in December 2013. 

[attachment=11410:Screenshot 2015-01-23 at 10.48.04 PM.png]

Gotten two myself in the last three days. Silver accounts with 0 GS prompted me to delete them both right away.

Have all of you who have received this been using Twitch? I'm wondering if that's the common factor of how they get your gamertag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have all of you who have received this been using Twitch? I'm wondering if that's the common factor of how they get your gamertag.
I've never broadcasted, but I've put in serious hours watching it on the X1, so much so I have all the achievements lol

I do stream, although my streams have been inconsistent lately (trying to get better about that though).

There's at least two people I follow on Twitter that stream once in a blue moon (they're more into Youtube), but I wouldn't think that would prompt the spam emails.

The timing is odd though since I still use Yahoo as my primary email (mainly out of laziness to change it) and there's been crap getting through a lot more frequently lately. Not saying it's a Yahoo thing, but the timing is coincidental to be sure.

I've gotten two of these spam messages so far on my 360.  Both from silver accounts with a gamerscore of 0.  I don't have a ONE yet, so it's not ONE exclusive.  I don't think it has anything to do with Twitch either.  I watch Twitch, but don't have an account. 

Anyone can send you a message on XBL, but you can go in the settings and set your account to only receive messages from people on your friends list.

I've gotten a few of these myself, I used to get them on my 360 as well. 

Anyone can send you a message on XBL, but you can go in the settings and set your account to only receive messages from people on your friends list.

I've gotten a few of these myself, I used to get them on my 360 as well.
So then how do you get friend requests from people that aren't on your friends list, I mean people will send you messages.

bread's done
Back