Amazon Prime $72: One Day Only! Read For Details!

thelaughingmann

CAGiversary!
Saturday, January 24th, on www.amazon.com, you can nab Amazon Prime for $72. This is the CHEAPEST ever on Prime. Why do it now?

-HBO shows! With the exception of Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Sex and the City, and any show premiering in 2014 or onward, you can access full seasons of the older shows. This gives you Rome, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, Carnivale, The Wire (which is still a must-watch for anyone), so on...a great way to watch 90% of the catalog outside of having an HBO membership.

-You can share your free two-day shipping with family members. Up to three other family members can be flagged on your main account to get the discounted shipping rate.

-Unlimited photo storage

-Access to a lot of music

-Free two-day shipping, $4 one-day shipping (this is usually about...$15+ for two-day, $20+ for one-day on various things, depending on what the item is; for any big ticket items from Amazon or lots of little things, this is the biggest money-saver, right here)

-Streaming of various shows and movies. The catalog's still quite impressive for paying for discounted shipping rates and then some. And for cheapest ever, it's definitely worth more.

-Access your content on tablets, smartphones, and computers. Aside from using a web browser to stream the content, you can also download the file locally and play it (which helps for the Wi-Fi enabled devices when Wi-Fi isn't available).

**CURRENT PRIME SUB'S CAN BUY A GIFT SUB AT THE CURRENT RATE AND SET IT TO EMAIL TO THEMSELVES ON THE DAY THEIR CURRENT MEMBERSHIP LAPSES**

If you want to get the $72 rate and have trouble with it, contact Amazon. They'll work with you live.

Q: How do I get 2 years of Prime for $72/each?

A: If you're not on Prime currently, buy yourself a membership to activate it. Then, re-buy a gift membership, set it so it comes to your e-mail address on the day BEFORE expiration (I tried day of, but it couldn't do it). You lose a day out of it, but you gain a second year that will come your way when it's time. And yes, you will be charged immediately for both, even though the second year won't go out to you until a year from now.

Q: So what if I have Prime renewed recently? Can I get the promotional price?

A: YMMV. Some were able to get a refund of the difference through CS; others were able to cancel their membership and re-buy at the promotional price (be it through working on Amazon itself or contacting CS). At best, you can either nab a year for the promotional price or lock yourself in for next year for the $72 price now. That's a whopping $54 savings.

Q: What if I am an Amazon Student and I am on Prime or don't have it?

A: You can sign up for Amazon Student for $49/yr as long as you have an active/accessible .edu email. No, there are no current workarounds (aka free .edu emails) that Amazon hasn't flagged yet. However, let's say you got lucky and you have Amazon Student right now. The odds your account will get flagged to re-verify your .edu email address are pretty good with each passing year, when the membership is due to expire. If you don't want to take a chance, gift your main Amazon email a copy of Prime when the membership is due to expire for the $72 price.

Any other questions, best to pop onto Slickdeals's forum post for this. They have oodles of answers, even for stuff I haven't thought of yet. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back