* * * * - 12 votes

3 for $10 Xbox 360 or PS3 Games at GameStop

#391 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

Stopped in my local store yesterday and left empty handed. Sure, they had (1) copy each of Tornado Outbreak and Quantum Theory, but only in the shitty GS cases. Had to pass. It's the only store in my area that has them in stock, as well. Coulda bought some other junk just to buy something, but without getting what I came for (in the condition I would like), they weren't getting my money that day.

#392 yellowsnow4free  

yellowsnow4free

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

For a new ps3 owner, what exclusive should I pick up for ps3 that is on the list?

If I were in your shoes, this would be my list:

God of War Collection
inFAMOUS
inFAMOUS 2

Killzone 3
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Resistance 3

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception GOTY

However, I predominantly game on my PC, so that isn't including console exclusives, just PS3 exclusives.

Worth noting that if you really like God of War, you might want to buy God of War: Saga instead.  It includes all the God of War games aside from Ascension.  Unless you get lucky with a used copy, you might want to buy it new though; Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are download codes, not on disc.

And if you like inFAMOUS, you could also buy the inFAMOUS Collection instead.  In addition to inFAMOUS 1 and 2, it includes "inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood, Extra missions, Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles".  Once again, it's a download code, so you might want to buy new.

Similarly, if you like Killzone 3, there's also the Killzone Trilogy you could buy.  In addition to a 720p remaster of Killzone 1 (previously on on PS2), it includes Killzone 2 and 3, as well as " all Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 multiplayer map packs".  Once again, if you want the map packs I believe they're redeemable by a code, so you might want to buy new.

No idea on MGS4 content; but I know there's the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection which includes all the MGS games, except MGS1 is redeemable by a code.

Onto Resistance 3.  There is a Resistance Collection, which includes all 3 games plus DLC.  However, the DLC for Resistance 1 is free on PSN, and I don't think the servers are up for Resistance 2 or 3 anymore.  The games are so cheap at GameStop ($3 for R1, $3 for R2, and $10 for R3) it probably isn't worth the $30 on the collection.  If for some reason the R3 servers are up, you'll need an Online Pass to play, which is on the back of the instruction manual.  The 2 used copies I checked still had the code active.

Uncharted 2 does have a GOTY edition, but I believe all the DLC codes are expired.  Plus, it's all for multiplayer; no singleplayer DLC.  GameStop doesn't differentiate between the vanilla and GOTY editions, so just get the cleanest copy you can of either.

Uncharted 3 GOTY has the DLC on disc, however, you'll need an Online Pass to play online (or even offline multiplayer, apparently).  The pass is on the back of the instruction manual.  My used copy had an active code still.  Also, like Uncharted 2, all the DLC is for multiplayer.

Finally, some prices.  God of War: Saga was $10 this past Black Friday (Amazon), I've seen the inFAMOUS Collection for $15 (Amazon, Best Buy, Target), and the Killzone Trilogy for $15 too (Target).

Finally (for real this time) I pulled most of my info from the OFFICIAL GOTY/Complete/Ultimate/DLC Edition Compilation Thread here.

Didn't mean to give you an essay, but hopefully it'll help! :)

I think Lords of Shadow was a 2 disc game on the 360 to begin with.

Correct.  If you look at the PS3 version it's only 1 disc, because Blu-ray media holds more than DVD's.

#393 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

I found a castlevania, but they pulled the discs from a different (non book version). So I got the book/acetate case with 2 discs, but no soundtrack and no codes. grrrr.

#394 JYabbz   LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up, picket up:

:360:

EDF 2017

EDF Insect Armagedon (disc only)

Qubed

Gears of War 3

Splinter Cell Conviction

:ps3:

Dynasty Warriors 6

Tornado Outbreak

Lost Planet 2

Red Faction Armagedon

Hunted Demon's Forge

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Dishnored

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One

Max Payne 2

Hitman Absolution

Had most of the triple A titles already, might have to pick up Borderlands, RUSE, Child of Eden in the future. Not a bad list, hopefully we can see some more deals like this.

#395 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:50 PM

Went back today and picked up Aliens: Colonial Marines, God of War Collection, and Crysis 2. Despite all the hate for Aliens, I doubt I'll be too disappointed with it, considering the meager $3.xx price tag.

#396 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

God of War Saga was $10 on Black Friday? That seems like a steal. Did it sell out quickly or were there expired voucher codes at the time or something? I'm trying to remember why I would have passed on it or somehow missed it.

#397 someT00L   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

someT00L

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

Went back today and picked up Aliens: Colonial Marines, God of War Collection, and Crysis 2. Despite all the hate for Aliens, I doubt I'll be too disappointed with it, considering the meager $3.xx price tag.

Snagged Aliens too. Seeing if all the hate is worth it.

#398 mike95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:00 AM

Aliens: Colonial  Marines is a below average FPS. I got tired of it 1/2 way and traded it at the MS store when they had the $10 deal.

Its not that bad that I bought it again (360)  to maybe finish.  It does have 4 man coop throughout the entire campaign. MP lobbies were empty tho.

I also got :

God of War Collection

Modnation Racers

Tiger Woods Masters Edition (PS3)

Castlevania (360)

NBA 2K13 (360)

#399 Ratmonkey  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

Some good GS to BB credit movers if you have Power Up Rewards, take advantage of the 30% BB credit bonus tomorrow and Saturday, and you have 10% from Gamer Unlocked. A lot of hoops, I know, but here you go. Prices on left are after PUR at Gamestop, and on right are the BB amounts after the bonuses:

Aliens Colonial Marines (PS3): 3->4.20
Castlevania (PS3): 3->4.20
Dead Island (PS3): 3->4.20
EA Sports Active 2 (360): 3->7
Heavy Fire Afghanistan (PS3): 3->7
Hitman Absolution (PS3): 3->4.20
Nail'd (PS3): 3->7
Prototype (360): 3->5.60
Secret Service Ultimate Sacrifice (360): 3->7
UFC Personal Trainer (PS3): 3->4.20

Thanks for this. Black friday wiped most of my bb credit and was looking for something to offset my dying light preorders and, well, between gcu and gamestop lack of promotions the credit I have there hasn't been doing much more than sitting there.

#400 JW1023   The Cookie Monster! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

Looks like I'm super late to the party. Is there a more comprehensive list than what's shown in the OP?

#401 Moxieman  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:20 AM

So through that quick turnover, I managed to turn $18 gamestop credit into $39 best buy credit. That got me AC IV, FF XIII, and Gears Judgment!

#402 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4073 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:42 AM

God of War Collection
inFAMOUS
inFAMOUS 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 3

However, I predominantly game on my PC, so that isn't including console exclusives, just PS3 exclusives.

Worth noting that if you really like God of War, you might want to buy God of War: Saga instead. It includes all the God of War games aside from Ascension. Unless you get lucky with a used copy, you might want to buy it new though; Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are download codes, not on disc.

And if you like inFAMOUS, you could also buy the inFAMOUS Collection instead. In addition to inFAMOUS 1 and 2, it includes "inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood, Extra missions, Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles". Once again, it's a download code, so you might want to buy new.

Similarly, if you like Killzone 3, there's also the Killzone Trilogy you could buy. In addition to a 720p remaster of Killzone 1 (previously on on PS2), it includes Killzone 2 and 3, as well as " all Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 multiplayer map packs". Once again, if you want the map packs I believe they're redeemable by a code, so you might want to buy new.

No idea on MGS4 content; but I know there's the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection which includes all the MGS games, except MGS1 is redeemable by a code.

Onto Resistance 3. There is a Resistance Collection, which includes all 3 games plus DLC. However, the DLC for Resistance 1 is free on PSN, and I don't think the servers are up for Resistance 2 or 3 anymore. The games are so cheap at GameStop ($3 for R1, $3 for R2, and $10 for R3) it probably isn't worth the $30 on the collection. If for some reason the R3 servers are up, you'll need an Online Pass to play, which is on the back of the instruction manual. The 2 used copies I checked still had the code active.

Uncharted 2 does have a GOTY edition, but I believe all the DLC codes are expired. Plus, it's all for multiplayer; no singleplayer DLC. GameStop doesn't differentiate between the vanilla and GOTY editions, so just get the cleanest copy you can of either.

Uncharted 3 GOTY has the DLC on disc, however, you'll need an Online Pass to play online (or even offline multiplayer, apparently). The pass is on the back of the instruction manual. My used copy had an active code still. Also, like Uncharted 2, all the DLC is for multiplayer.

Finally, some prices. God of War: Saga was $10 this past Black Friday (Amazon), I've seen the inFAMOUS Collection for $15 (Amazon, Best Buy, Target), and the Killzone Trilogy for $15 too (Target).

Finally (for real this time) I pulled most of my info from the OFFICIAL GOTY/Complete/Ultimate/DLC Edition Compilation Thread here.

Correct. If you look at the PS3 version it's only 1 disc, because Blu-ray media holds more than DVD's.

Thanks. I picked up god of war saga used for $10 back before Black Friday. Why does ps3 games have the dlc on the booklet? Couldn't fit it on disc?

Is. Castlevania better on xbox or ps3?
I picked up earth defense force 2017 with case, but no booklet.
I also got dead space 2 limited edition.

I'm thinking of getting the following ps3 exclusives:
Drake uncharted 3 goty
Already got killzone 3 ce when converted, have mass effect 1-3 on xbox.
So difficult to pick last two games

#403 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:50 AM

When does this end? Anyone know?

#404 sweatysides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

sweatysides

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:07 AM

The Cheap-ass-ness of us Cheapskates Gamers will NEVER end.

#405 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14845 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:36 AM

God of War Collection
inFAMOUS
inFAMOUS 2
Killzone 3
Resistance 3

However, I predominantly game on my PC, so that isn't including console exclusives, just PS3 exclusives.

Worth noting that if you really like God of War, you might want to buy God of War: Saga instead. It includes all the God of War games aside from Ascension. Unless you get lucky with a used copy, you might want to buy it new though; Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta are download codes, not on disc.

And if you like inFAMOUS, you could also buy the inFAMOUS Collection instead. In addition to inFAMOUS 1 and 2, it includes "inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood, Extra missions, Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles". Once again, it's a download code, so you might want to buy new.

Similarly, if you like Killzone 3, there's also the Killzone Trilogy you could buy. In addition to a 720p remaster of Killzone 1 (previously on on PS2), it includes Killzone 2 and 3, as well as " all Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 multiplayer map packs". Once again, if you want the map packs I believe they're redeemable by a code, so you might want to buy new.

No idea on MGS4 content; but I know there's the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection which includes all the MGS games, except MGS1 is redeemable by a code.

Onto Resistance 3. There is a Resistance Collection, which includes all 3 games plus DLC. However, the DLC for Resistance 1 is free on PSN, and I don't think the servers are up for Resistance 2 or 3 anymore. The games are so cheap at GameStop ($3 for R1, $3 for R2, and $10 for R3) it probably isn't worth the $30 on the collection. If for some reason the R3 servers are up, you'll need an Online Pass to play, which is on the back of the instruction manual. The 2 used copies I checked still had the code active.

Uncharted 2 does have a GOTY edition, but I believe all the DLC codes are expired. Plus, it's all for multiplayer; no singleplayer DLC. GameStop doesn't differentiate between the vanilla and GOTY editions, so just get the cleanest copy you can of either.

Uncharted 3 GOTY has the DLC on disc, however, you'll need an Online Pass to play online (or even offline multiplayer, apparently). The pass is on the back of the instruction manual. My used copy had an active code still. Also, like Uncharted 2, all the DLC is for multiplayer.

Finally, some prices. God of War: Saga was $10 this past Black Friday (Amazon), I've seen the inFAMOUS Collection for $15 (Amazon, Best Buy, Target), and the Killzone Trilogy for $15 too (Target).

Finally (for real this time) I pulled most of my info from the OFFICIAL GOTY/Complete/Ultimate/DLC Edition Compilation Thread here.

Correct. If you look at the PS3 version it's only 1 disc, because Blu-ray media holds more than DVD's.

Beware many of the codes from those Sony compilations are expired.

#406 tokyostomp  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

I wanted to get all the mass effects but my store didn't have 1 or 2.

I tried to convince them to sell me the trilogy/box set for $10.

Did not work...

#407 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

I wanted to get all the mass effects but my store didn't have 1 or 2.

I tried to convince them to sell me the trilogy/box set for $10.

Did not work...

I wish I could do the same lol, to bad it will not work,I want them for ps3 and that's the only way to get the first mass effect

#408 tokyostomp  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:02 AM

I wish I could do the same lol, to bad it will not work,I want them for ps3 and that's the only way to get the first mass effect

I have ME2 on PS3 but I want to actually play the game versus a interactive cut-scene thing.

#409 variablesunknown   Artful Dodger CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

variablesunknown

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:31 AM

In the picture of the sale from page 12, above the poster's thumb in the bottom left hand corner it says until 2/15/15. I assume that is when it ends. They certainly aren't advertising it anywhere. 

#410 Sgt Barone   CAG since 2008 CAGiversary!   2040 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Sgt Barone

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

Here's a link to the full list (the attachment on the OP is not working for some reason):

http://s452.photobuc...jgub-1.jpg.html

#411 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5550 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Got Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, God of War Collection, and Dead Space 2 Limited Edition case.  Surprised that GoW collection was complete.  Grabbed the DS 2 LE case, but the Gamestop guy put the regular game in it.  Wasn't going to fight for a $3.XX game.

#412 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

You know the Limited Edition comes with an extra full game? My Gamestops have more of the Limited Editions than regular editions. Exchange it. (Make sure it's not a Greatest Hit since that's just a demo of the extra game.)

#413 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

Got Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, God of War Collection, and Dead Space 2 Limited Edition case.  Surprised that GoW collection was complete.  Grabbed the DS 2 LE case, but the Gamestop guy put the regular game in it.  Wasn't going to fight for a $3.XX game.

You know the Limited Edition comes with an extra full game? My Gamestops have more of the Limited Editions than regular editions. Exchange it. (Make sure it's not a Greatest Hit since that's just a demo of the extra game.)

I need both of you to clarify. GoW collection should have something other than the first 2 games? I got the GH version.

#414 sabanoo   I like pie. CAGiversary!   2250 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

I need both of you to clarify. GoW collection should have something other than the first 2 games? I got the GH version.

It's the limited edition of Dead Space 2.  It comes with Extraction.

#415 sikemike   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

sikemike

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

Went to the first GameStop, only found :360: Earth Defense Force 2017 so I bought it. Checked another GS and found :360: Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon and combined it with :360: Borderlands GOTYE and asked for an adjustment with my previous purchase. The cashier was very helpful and combined them all together. A nice work around if you can't find all the games you are looking for in one store.

So the Goty edition of Borderlands is part of this deal?

#416 Richter  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

God of War Collection is GoW & GoW2

God of War Origins Collection is the two PSP titles

God of War Saga is GoW 1-3 + the two PSP titles

#417 GuitarMan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

GuitarMan

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

Thanks, Ferris182.

Went to the store to pickup an xbox live sub card and ended up getting three 360 games.

Saw Mass effect 2, a Mass Effect 3: one with a female Shepard on cover and one with male Shepard) and Aliens: CM.

I thought, I've never seen a female cover of ME3 so I picked that one up.

Drove home and finally looked in the bag and was surprised that I had Aliens: CM, Mass Effect 2, and not the regular case with Mass Effectt 3 but a collectors edition of Mass Effect 3. :)

#418 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

Thanks, Ferris182.

Went to the store to pickup an xbox live sub card and ended up getting three 360 games.

Saw Mass effect 2, a Mass Effect 3: one with a female Shepard on cover and one with male Shepard) and Aliens: CM.

I thought, I've never seen a female cover of ME3 so I picked that one up.

Drove home and finally looked in the bag and was surprised that I had Aliens: CM, Mass Effect 2, and not the regular case with Mass Effectt 3 but a collectors edition of Mass Effect 3. :)

The Mass Effect 3 is a reversible cover.  One side is male and the other is female.  Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 is the same, except with the Soviets red theme on one side and the Allies blue theme on the other.

#419 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

Thanks OP! Picked up Brutal Legend, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Dishonored (all PS3).

I needed a cheap copy of BL to add to my Best Buy pre-order album jacket so I can get it framed. NGS came with the instructions for NGS2 - I'll see if I can swap the instructions.

#420 Sky Ray   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   649 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:15 PM

So the Goty edition of Borderlands is part of this deal?

Yep.