2 for $10 Movies at Best Buy - Includes Ghostbusters 1 & 2 duo pack

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat359800050008&type=category

Best Buy is doing the fairly standard 2 for $20 deal we've seen a few times in the past (including standard titles like 'The Raid: Redemption," "This is the End," "Olympus Has Fallen," "The Amazing Spider-Man," and so on) but worth noting is that the Ghostbusters Blu Ray two pack (the ones mastered in 4K) are included in the sale.

If an Ibotta user, don't forget to shop through your link to earn some money towards your cash back (https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/324415-ibotta-get-5-back-on-100-in-best-buy-purchases-online-andor-in-store-10-back-on-100-for-microsoftstorecom-too/)

I was just gonna post this. Picked up the Ghostbusters 1&2 combo as well as "This is the End" which is remastered in 4k as well. Both for $10 is a great deal!!

You can only purchase 2 movies for $10 and cannot combine more than that, not 4 for $20 or 6 for $30. And we all know you can only get free shipping on orders over $35 so yeah this sale is terrible if the movies aren't in stock for you locally.

You can only purchase 2 movies for $10 and cannot combine more than that, not 4 for $20 or 6 for $30. And we all know you can only get free shipping on orders over $35 so yeah this sale is terrible if the movies aren't in stock for you locally.

I just called Best Buy customer service and they confirmed that you can only purchase 2 movies at one time to get this 2 for $10 deal and if you want say 4, 6 or 8 movies from the deal you have to make seperate orders for each pair of 2 thus making it impossible to get free shipping with this deal.

The underworld trilogy is tempting for 10 on DVDs or keep waiting for the blu Ray set to lower. I'm thinking more Monty Python . I think this will prob be my third copy of the holy grail. This one has a digital copy I can use and prob just give the disc to a family member ?
A cheap portable digital copy of a classic .

I just called Best Buy customer service and they confirmed that you can only purchase 2 movies at one time to get this 2 for $10 deal and if you want say 4, 6 or 8 movies from the deal you have to make seperate orders for each pair of 2 thus making it impossible to get free shipping with this deal.
unless you are elite ;)

Thinking about Justified S1 and S2.
For $10/each, it's worth it on DVD. If you can get both for $10 total, all the better. You can also go onto eBay and buy the five DVD seasons in bundles for $50+, easy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-new-Justified-complete-season-1-5-season-Free-Shipping-/161572996924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259e80473c The good thing about DVD seasons is you can get batches of the seasons in bundles for great prices on eBay. Brand new, within the US...I've done it for a couple of shows (Downton Abbey, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire) and they were all legit copies. As of late, if I can get a Blu-Ray season for less than $20 or a DVD season for less than $15, I'll bite on it probably. For less than $10? My money is yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghostbusters 1 and 2 is "available for shipping only." That's the polite way of saying SOLD OUT A-HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to pretend I'm okay with that, and convince myself that the regular old not-mastered-in-4k Ghostbusters blu-ray I have is good enough.

You guys know they're making a Ghost Busters 3 right? If you wait a couple of years there will probably be a 3 pack released.
TRUE, but when that bombs because it sounds like the worse thing ever they'll do a reboot a few years after that so you better wait until like 2021 for the inevitable four pack. Course, by then all movies will be on Red-Ray so you'll have to re-buy your entire collection again.

Is that the one they are making with an all-women Ghostbusters cast?
Supposedly. Kristen Wiig was a huge contender for being on the team. They also believed Emma Stone, Linda Cardellini, and Melissa McCarthy were the dream team. But they need to break in a more diverse cast. Racially, to start. Since they are dealing with ghosts and otherworldly essences, a religious or spiritual belief may work in. And if they need a breaking point to start from, they should play off Egon Spengler's passing. Harold Ramis was a tragic loss IRL...but losing a cardinal member of the original team would be a pretty substantial way to open up the story (especially if they get Venkman to give the eulogy "Not much can be said of Egon...other than having the most appealing epididymus (sp?) to all the ladies of New York"). And at the same time, wouldn't it be substantial in a way that Kristen Wiig plays his daughter of all people? Granted, she could get a legal name change cause "Jane Spengler" could have its...issues...but you also have to wonder who the mother is ("She was...the only woman that turned dad away from his sciences even for a moment...and made those moments worth all the time they had together"; and of course, she is never revealed but mentioned and described for who she was.). The movie, overall, can be written so its still a comedy, can see a revision in today's timeline (with more updated tech, I might add), a great story involving a new big baddie...but also has the means to hit us in the feels with brass knuckles so we never forget it.

For the TL;DR crowd, Ghostbusters 3 can be done right. It's all a matter of how.

Supposedly. Kristen Wiig was a huge contender for being on the team. They also believed Emma Stone, Linda Cardellini, and Melissa McCarthy were the dream team. But they need to break in a more diverse cast. Racially, to start. Since they are dealing with ghosts and otherworldly essences, a religious or spiritual belief may work in. And if they need a breaking point to start from, they should play off Egon Spengler's passing. Harold Ramis was a tragic loss IRL...but losing a cardinal member of the original team would be a pretty substantial way to open up the story (especially if they get Venkman to give the eulogy "Not much can be said of Egon...other than having the most appealing epididymus (sp?) to all the ladies of New York"). And at the same time, wouldn't it be substantial in a way that Kristen Wiig plays his daughter of all people? Granted, she could get a legal name change cause "Jane Spengler" could have its...issues...but you also have to wonder who the mother is ("She was...the only woman that turned dad away from his sciences even for a moment...and made those moments worth all the time they had together"; and of course, she is never revealed but mentioned and described for who she was.). The movie, overall, can be written so its still a comedy, can see a revision in today's timeline (with more updated tech, I might add), a great story involving a new big baddie...but also has the means to hit us in the feels with brass knuckles so we never forget it.

For the TL;DR crowd, Ghostbusters 3 can be done right. It's all a matter of how.
Ghostbusters 3 will not in any way shape or form acknowledge the original movies (other than perhaps subtle nods to the original films). It is a reboot. The original characters and events of the first two movies will have never happened in the new film.

Hell yea Thanks OP. Grabbed Stalingrad and Cabin Fever: Patient Zero and another order with Ghostbusters 1 & 2 and Deliver Us From Evil.
Happen to be at BB today so I also grabbed Justified S1 and S2 also. Great deal.

also, I didn't know Ghostbusters 1 & 2 came in a hard book type of packaging, that was a pleasant surprise.

Went to my local BB today to take advantage of this dealdidnt really see anything I was interested in but I was able to return one of the 2 movies And still get it for the same price 5$ I was really only interested in getting the Ghostbusters combo pack to begin with. Hope this helps for any1 just wanting 1 movies and can't find another to get

Happen to be at BB today so I also grabbed Justified S1 and S2 also. Great deal.

also, I didn't know Ghostbusters 1 & 2 came in a hard book type of packaging, that was a pleasant surprise.
Until I rearranged my blu-ray shelves I hated this type of packaging. Never fit. lol

Ghostbusters 3 will not in any way shape or form acknowledge the original movies (other than perhaps subtle nods to the original films). It is a reboot. The original characters and events of the first two movies will have never happened in the new film.
Then there is no reason whatsoever to see it, especially if it's true that Murray, Ackroyd, and Hudson agreed to make appearances.

Is it worth buying the Ghostbusters Mastered in 4K versions if you already have the original BluRay releases?
Depends on how good the original ones look. I'd say unless you want the 4K and digital copies of said 4K releases (which the Remastered versions DO come with, be it the Digipack or separate buys), then the $10 is worth a jumping point for two formats. And if you're paying $5 for it and $5 for another movie in the list you want...then why not? For comparison, the Digipack is $10 currently; the individual cuts are $15 each.

Exchanged my copy so I could grab Amazing Spiderman. Now I feel better about the $10 deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back