Apparently Ubisoft is deleting 3rd party copies of Far Cry 4.

Does this mean if you get FC4 on steam, you will never, EEEEEEVER, be able to play the game you paid 60 dollars for, a gain?

This does not belong in this thread and worse this is just FUD. How on earth do you think UBI is going to figure out what keys are good vs bad unless the keys were issued with a key gen. Most of these keys are from AMD / Intel system bonuses. G2A is no worse than eBay, any issues are because douches steal shit and sell it on G2A. And the article even points out these are keys with paypal reversals and such associated to them. I had some asshole buy a key from me for a GTA blimp just last week who then did a paypal reversal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This does not belong in this thread and worse this is just FUD. How on earth do you think UBI is going to figure out what keys are good vs bad unless the keys were issued with a key gen. Most of these keys are from AMD / Intel system bonuses. G2A is no worse than eBay, any issues are because douches steal shit and sell it on G2A.
Are we talking PC games? Happened many times with Steam games in the past and it's only ever affected the people it was supposed to. Ubi did it recently with Stick of Truth simply by region locking it after the fact.

Are we talking PC games? Happened many times with Steam games in the past and it's only ever affected the people it was supposed to. Ubi did it recently with Stick of Truth simply by region locking it after the fact.
I think the Op has an axe to grind, but yes it is PC games. I guess the trick is to finish the game before they lock it LOL.

Realistically people just should be avoiding likes like G2A and CDKeys and stick to authorized sellers instead. Those sites seem to deal in either less then legitimate keys (Russia/Brazil keys) or stolen keys and sites like UPlay, Origin and Steam have removed those unauthorized keys in the past.

People really should apply a little critical thinking to the whole idea of keys being revoked.

Ask yourself how does a company like UBISoft identify a resold key ? It's not like the key can be reassigned from one account to another, or that the email account that the key was delivered to can't be different to the account that registers the key.

Region locking a key seems to be the only way they can affect the reseller market, and I suspect they deliberately don't lock keys day one as they can later cause all sorts of headaches for resellers by limiting a key after the fact.

If a seller lies about the region availability of a key then I guess the fraud (or ignorance) belongs with the actual seller, and if you use paypal it is a simple thing to have the purchase reversed.

Just keep digging Ubisoft... you're almost there.

8ZH2eKY.jpg

I bought a few games from G2A during one of their paypal weekend deals (including Watch Dogs).  So far the game is still in my UPlay account.

bread's done
Back