* * * * * 29 votes

dying light ps4 season pass is the actual game

#1231 Houdini 47   Brahmageddon CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Houdini 47

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

The logical way to do it would have been for gamestop to enail everyone the season pass code. No reason they have to take extra steps and go through psn, unless they don't want people to sell the pass.

#1232 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

So isn't it close to 48 hrs since that was posted to the website?

#1233 wolverinevsx23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

wolverinevsx23

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Around 2-3pm will be 48 hours. That's when they posted it on the website.

#1234 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1817 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

Patience is a virtue... (that I don't have). 

#1235 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

damn GS online chat is filled with ppl, I got this msg:

"Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
All GameStop associates are currently busy. Please stand by.
You are currently at position number 61 in the queue.
A GameStop associate will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
You are currently at position number 57 in the queue."
dunno whether I will keep waiting...

#1236 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

damn GS online chat is filled with ppl, I got this msg:
"Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
All GameStop associates are currently busy. Please stand by.
You are currently at position number 61 in the queue.
A GameStop associate will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
You are currently at position number 57 in the queue."
dunno whether I will keep waiting...

On Tuesday, when it all happened I was #151 lol.

#1237 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

On Tuesday, when it all happened I was #151 lol.

holy shxt... I'm now #21...

#1238 guerox4   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

Any updates if they're gonna do anything?

#1239 Houdini 47   Brahmageddon CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Houdini 47

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

What time does the ps store usually update?

#1240 jsdgame   I am what the gods have made me!!! CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

i think gamestop trolled us with that season pass thing lol

#1241 AstronautAvi   Banned Banned   154 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

AstronautAvi

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

are they going to give us the free season pass or did gamestop Lie to us????

#1242 Houdini 47   Brahmageddon CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Houdini 47

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

It's ok, we trolled them.

@astronaut, they'd have to do something, gotta think of the people that actually wanted a season pass

#1243 TheOpusFuller   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

TheOpusFuller

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

Well. I got the season Pass. Went into Library, on the left hand side I selected game, looked for Dying Light. Clicked on that and it showed the icon that read DOWNLOAD. Clicked download and now I'm downloading a 1.99GB file and there was a smaller 40MB file or something. So yeah, got the season pass! SCORE!!!!

EDIT***** WOW, don't I feel like a douche. It's actually my game DAYLIGHT that's downloading. Wow, I was so excited. My bad everyone for the false alarm!!! I'll go crawl under a rock!

#1244 jsdgame   I am what the gods have made me!!! CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

lol yeah i was about to say that i still need to buy the season pass 

#1245 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1817 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

Well. I got the season Pass. Went into Library, on the left hand side I selected game, looked for Dying Light. Clicked on that and it showed the icon that read DOWNLOAD. Clicked download and now I'm downloading a 1.99GB file and there was a smaller 40MB file or something. So yeah, got the season pass! SCORE!!!!

EDIT***** WOW, don't I feel like a douche. It's actually my game DAYLIGHT that's downloading. Wow, I was so excited. My bad everyone for the false alarm!!! I'll go crawl under a rock!

So. Much. Fail. 

:D

#1246 Wutang_KILLTHEM   No More Kmart =[ CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Wutang_KILLTHEM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

In the queue now. 24th in line. Lets see how this goes.

#1247 nextisland  

nextisland

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

Tell them what's up

#1248 xCappax   Real Madrid CAGiversary!   603 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

they're not going to tell you anything that's not already on the FAQ.

#1249 Wutang_KILLTHEM   No More Kmart =[ CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Wutang_KILLTHEM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

Okay heres the Transcript from my convo (typos from me and him inlcuded)
Important info in bold/red

Ivor C.:  Welcome to GameStop Customer Care! My name is Ivor C.. I am so sorry for the long wait time. I appreciate your patience. How may I help you?

Me:  Not a problem. Im sure you've gone through this before but It's been 48 hours since the Dying Light season pass and I dont see anything.

Ivor C.:  if you are asking about the code that you are suppose to receive from sony is 48 hours after the release of the game so the code will be mail tomorrow

Me:  yes I am. So its an email we were supposed to recieve? or it will be automatically applied to our accounts? How do they know which accounts are supposed to get the game?

Me:  *season pass no the game whoops

Ivor C.:  ok you will receive the code to the email that you have link to your psn

Ivor C.:  you need to make sure to redeem the code that you got

Ivor C.:  so they can track you thru the code and send you the correct code

Me:  Oh! So I redeem the code and then they take away the game and replace it with the season pass?

Ivor C.:  no they wont take the game away you get to keep the game

Ivor C.:  you will get the code on your email the email that you set the psn account with

Me:  oh okay

Me:  So redeem the code, They are supposed to send the email tomorrow and then I redeem that for my season pass. If I dont get anything tomorrow do I need to contact you guys again?

Ivor C.:  yes you will have to contac us back if you don't get the email code

Me:  Okay thank you.
Me:  Thanks for the answers, have a good day!
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Seems like its on Sony to email us.

#1250 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

I was only into this because of the glitch, so if they dont send me a SP code I will not hold that against them. Heck, I even think that they shouldnt send me anything.

If they do honor it, kudos to them. A glitch is a glitch but I think they handled it graciously, took one on the chin and walked away smiling. We may see shitty prices from here on, to make up for this loss but I will cross that bridge when I get there.

:applause: - to GS / Sony.

#1251 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if it does take the game away.

#1252 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if it does take the game away.

Would make no point considering we already had it almost 3 days. Not like any of us would go out to buy it anyway if they shaft us. No point of creating negative PR and customer hatred when it wasn't even their screwup to begin with. (Its all on WB, and slightly on Gamestop). I doubt Sony even really cares

#1253 nextisland  

nextisland

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

Would make no point considering we already had it almost 3 days. Not like any of us would go out to buy it anyway if they shaft us. No point of creating negative PR and customer hatred when it wasn't even their screwup to begin with. (Its all on WB, and slightly on Gamestop). I doubt Sony even really cares

So true. Sony losing millions quarterly and are hacked every other month. I doubt they care about this

#1254 Investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Investor9872

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

So true. Sony losing millions quarterly and are hacked every other month. I doubt they care about this

More like every other week.

#1255 grimlydemise   CAG Hunter Silenced   17 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

grimlydemise

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

So if I buy the season pass card at game stop tonight will I still get the game?

#1256 Wutang_KILLTHEM   No More Kmart =[ CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Wutang_KILLTHEM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:21 AM

So if I buy the season pass card at game stop tonight will I still get the game?

No dude. Deal is dead.

#1257 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:01 AM

Didn't the game release tuesday at midnight when this deal was live? Think someone needs to do the math again lol. Anyways I don't think the season pass dlc is out yet anyways. So whatever happens I'll be happy

#1258 Wutang_KILLTHEM   No More Kmart =[ CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Wutang_KILLTHEM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

Didn't the game release tuesday at midnight when this deal was live? Think someone needs to do the math again lol. Anyways I don't think the season pass dlc is out yet anyways. So whatever happens I'll be happy

Yeah i caught that during but I figured he's pretty low level to know exacts. If I dont get something by like 5 PM EST im live chatting or calling gamestop

#1259 Houdini 47   Brahmageddon CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Houdini 47

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

From my gamestop chat:

You are currently at position number 3 in the queue.

The next available GameStop associate will be with you in a moment.

You have been connected to Diego S..

Diego S.:  Welcome to GameStop Customer Care! My name is Diego. I am so sorry for the long wait time. I appreciate your patience. How may I help you?

Houdini:  Hi! I’m sure you’ve been getting asked this all day, but in regards to the season pass for Dying Light on PS4. The help page on gamestop.com says to check our psn accounts for the pass in ##-## hours. I don’t see anywhere to transfer the code to the season pass code.

Houdini:  *24 to 48 hours

Houdini:  thanks

Diego S.:  That's correct Houdini, it has become quite a trend Houdini, our suggestion right now is to contact SONY directly at 1-800-345-7669 since they are the ones in charge of adding the Season Pass to the PSN accounts.

Diego S.:  Also, the season pass content is not available until Mid February.

Houdini:  Ah, ok

Houdini:  so

Houdini:  sony will swap the game code for my season pass code?

Diego S.:  Nope, you can keep that too Houdini.

Houdini:  ok, that's cool. already had it tho but that's good

Houdini:  so I just need to wait for Sony to add the season pass to my account

Diego S.:  You got it Houdini! Once again sorry for the delay and we appreciate your patience in the matter.

Houdini:  that's cool

Houdini:  have a good weekend brah

Diego S.:  You're more than welcome and same to you. Any more questions besides this?

Houdini:  thanks!

Houdini:  no that was it

Diego S.:  Awesome. If any questions arise, please contact us back. Thank you for contacting GameStop customer care. Have a wonderful day! Feel free to close this window.

#1260 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

Xbox Live is down as much as PSN lately. Go troll else where.