[Proper Tutorial] How to download games from PSN to a PC and transfer them to the PS4.

Frakistan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
ok guys, some Bad News.  Some users have been Banned by Sony in the last 24 hours for using this method, a couple have even receive an email telling them why they were banned.

Users who were banned may have been using this method to cheat in online only games.

Users who were banned play the following and have used this method to download and play these games.

1: Elder Scrolls Online

2: Final Fantasy XIV

3: Battlefield 4

Most cheaters were from BF4 who exploited this method to create artificial lag which somehow worked to their advantage.

One user from ESO reports he told sony that he just used this method to download and not cheat so why was he banned... Sony said this method is against their terms and conditions anyways.

expect this method to be blocked in a future firmware update .

if any of you have been banned,please tell us below. no one knows if the band is permanent or temporary until sony blocks this method.

SO IN SHORT, DON'T USE THIS METHOD AGAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what's wrong
I did all the steps, but when I tried PVZ for an example
I always get two links 4+4 and it's 13 GB
Also with GTA gives only two links
What's the problem

I don't know what's wrong
I did all the steps, but when I tried PVZ for an example
I always get two links 4+4 and it's 13 GB
Also with GTA gives only two links
What's the problem
Wouldn't you copy the steps at the bottom?

Thanks for the guide btw, might try it later

Hi, guys, I'm new here.  I recently found this thread while I was looking for a solution to my problem, but I have a couple of doubts.  You see, where I live internet is limited and I have a data cap, so downloading games at home from the PS4 is out of the question.  So far I've done it by taking the console to a friend's house, but the closest one lives at 4 km, and I have to travel by motorcycle, since I live outside the city, which I don't like because while the console is more or less safe in my backpack, it's still a bit dangerous for obvious reasons.

Anyway, I wanted to know if this is a good solution when you have a data cap.  I mean, when transfering from the PC to the PS4 through the ethernet cable it doesn't spend it, does it?

Second, I want to know if this process can also be done with the PS3 or if it's exclusive to the PS4.

Any replies will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

How do you "transfer" the file you have downloaded on your PC to your PS4? I don't quite understand. When I do this, it's still downloading with the same speed, like 0.10 MB/s 

How do you "transfer" the file you have downloaded on your PC to your PS4? I don't quite understand. When I do this, it's still downloading with the same speed, like 0.10 MB/s
Once all files are downloaded to pc, all you have to do is tick the "local download" and keep the proxy running. Very useful tool but even if you have downloaded games, internet and account access are still required for initiate the download.

Once all files are downloaded to pc, all you have to do is tick the "local download" and keep the proxy running. Very useful tool but even if you have downloaded games, internet and account access are still required for initiate the download.
Eh... Tick local download where exactly?

First screen after launch the app. And second button where you selecting the local .pkg file. You have it in first post with pictures.

Thanks Frakistan!  I haven't tried/used this yet, but this is incredibly helpful info.  Rated your topic max stars =D

Ok. So I have tried this out and it works. Thanks so much for this awesome gift...

Just one little thing, if anyone can help me with this...
Can the files I download, e.g. an update file for Destiny, be used by my friend as well if I provide him with the files? Or are the files bound to just one account?

Any help will be greatly appreciated cz we live in a country with a very limited bandwidth and if I can do this, he won't have to download the entire game himself.

Hi; I'm trying to use the PSX download helper to download game updates through my PC, but I run into problems when I go to test Internet connection through both WiFi and LAN. On LAN, it says that there's no cable connected (which is fair, because we use only wireless [Verizon Broadband]) but when i try through WiFi, again setting up through the same network my PC is connected to, and following the same basic steps to LAN so that I'm only changing the Proxy server, it tells me that it can't connect to the Internet in the time allotted. I'd really like to use this to download game updates using public WiFi as Verizon Broadband has a limit on the data and charges us $15/GB over the limit, and hauling my PS4 and monitor into town to either campus or the library is a pain in the ass.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Google has been no help.

Ok. So I have tried this out and it works. Thanks so much for this awesome gift...

Just one little thing, if anyone can help me with this...
Can the files I download, e.g. an update file for Destiny, be used by my friend as well if I provide him with the files? Or are the files bound to just one account?

Any help will be greatly appreciated cz we live in a country with a very limited bandwidth and if I can do this, he won't have to download the entire game himself.
Yes anyone can use the files you have downloaded

i downloaded the psx download helper but then when i click on the play button it says words in chinese or japanese and next to it says :  ''value cannot be null''

Nice job on tutorial.

But I am still facing one final hurdle.

When I try to resume download on ps3, it is still downloading via PSN and not from my PC.

Any ideas?

Also I had closed PSX down while downloading in PC. When I reopened it, all earlier data was lost.

Now I dont have a place where I can select local for the pkg file I already downloaded.

In other words, how do I use pkg file at a later date for myself? Or how can I share it with my friend who dont want to download again?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

I am sure the proxy is enabled.

By untick offline mode, do you mean that button after offline textbox? (So the button should read enable?)

One more question, would still my download speed on PS3 from PC still depend on my crappy download speed?

Turn off offline raising and any enabled offline .pkg in history/log. I think offline mode doesn't work at all.

Local download depends only on your LAN speed ~ 8-10MB/s. I tried with 1gbps ethernet but the downlink was the same as with normal 100mb/s card.

I ensured offline is not working. Sill no luck

But thanks for trying.

Sometimes Life is what it is 

Can you Complete connection test when the downloader is down? If so, the Proxy is not configured.

If new downloads are ok, then you still have offline ticked somewhere on the one that doesn't work. Also, try different port. The final solution is delete config file and start over. As long as you have .pkg on pc you are safe. I'm sure you have offline enable somwhere, I had the same problem a month ago.

Thanks. I figured it out.

The problem was I was trying to download from PC via WIfi.

And the speed was so slow - I thought it was downloading from internet.

Replaced Wifi with LAN and BAM!- Lightning speed :)

Thanks for taking the time, man. Appreciate it.

Hi, I have been using this method for many months now without any problem.

Last week, I downloaded the required pkg files for Journey, Borderlands Collection, Farcry 4 and Assassin's Creed 4. But today while trying to transfer the files to my PS4 using this method, I keep getting "Download failed" on my PS4 for Borderlands Collection, Farcry 4 and Assassin's Creed 4 (games are larger than 4 GB so many files are used), but Journey (the game is below 4 GB) was transferred and installed successfully without any problem.

Can anyone please using this method tell me if it's working for them now (like today or during the last days). I am thinking it is size related, but I already used this method before for large games like infamous, last of us, uncharted collection ...

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Great tutorial... Hats off to you Frakistan for making it easy for everyone. This is a great one and works perfect. I used this to download Uncharted and GTA V. At WiFi the speed is about 1.3MB/s whereas at LAN it is a whooping 13MB/s. 

And for you Yssf, even in my first try I got the same error as yours, "Download Failed" and it showed file was corrupted. I deleted the file on PS4 and did the process again and it worked. Ensure "auto replace file is turned on". It doesn't work without it when manually selecting each file as the PS4 downloads.

Then all files I have preserved in my pc becomes useless? When did this exactly happen? I can't find the date so... Anyway how was this modding possible with it? Modding through this was already blocked in update 2.0. I guess they have been banned for modding only, not for using this. Praying god not to ban this method...

And then this won't harm my previous downloads right?

Sorry for asking in this topic.. Both my ps3 and ps4 don't play burned blu ray movies.. Games and others work fine though. It is single layer blu ray only. Any idea why this happens..

bread's done
Back