HD CRT TV Good for Retro Gaming?

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This is going to be a weird question.

While digging through my storage room I found an HD CRT TV.

Would this be good for Retro Gaming?

It's not the fact that it's CRT, It's the scanlines, really. Does it have scanlines?
This sounds crazy...

But I've never noticed scan lines as long as I"ve been a gamer.

I don't even see why people turn on or have the scanline option...

I'm used to old Zenith TVs.

I have a Trinitron, the kind that was extremely common 10 years ago, and I can barely notice the scanlines and the games still look great. If by CRT HD tv, do you mean something like this:

chadcrib.jpg

If you have to game in fantastic quality, consider investing in the Framemeister.

I have a Trinitron, the kind that was extremely common 10 years ago, and I can barely notice the scanlines and the games still look great. If by CRT HD tv, do you mean something like this:

chadcrib.jpg

If you have to game in fantastic quality, consider investing in the Framemeister.
Well my HD tvs are perfect for modern gaming..

I just don't know what to do about retro.

I grew up with 3 Zeniths in my house in the 80s and 90s with Composite and Svideo support on them.. I used a 27inch Zenith up to the 360 then got my HD tv I current use for my theater, while my gaming tv is an LED.

Yes, by CRT I mean what you have there.. but supposedly it supports up to 720p resolution, and has component input on the back. As I said I found it in the house.

Any CRT is great for retro, scan lines are present on any CRT, it's really the fact you get zero lag on input which is the big draw for using a CRT.

bread's done
Back