Dollar Tree - $1 DVDs

Rictor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
I bought 20-30 different DVDs at Dollar Tree last week.  They were all major Hollywood releases, not the normal dollar store fare.  Good for trade-ins, etc.

No great titles though.  Older movies.

At least one of the movies had an "exclusive to Target" sticker on it, so at least some of these are Target overstock.

I did not see any blu-rays.

The cashier said she had just put them out, so I got first dibs (although another employee walked up to her and asked if she had held some back for her, and she said yes).

I have seen posts for years about Dollar Tree blus/DVDs, but this is the first time I have actually ever seen any in-store.  Probably because they get about 100 per store and they sell out within a couple hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by two today.  One only had copies of a low budget high school basketball movie and a pregnancy DVD (exercise maybe?).  Second store had usual old stock (Ringers, Robsessed, Gross Anatomy [blu]) but next it was a new bin that was mostly all movies I've never heard of and nothing really worth a purchase for me. All were DVDs, no new Blurays.  Here is a list that were in the "new" area. 

• My One and Only ("Only at Target")
  • Cyborg 009: Good Vs. Evil
  • Just Write
  • Battlefield America
  • Contest
  • Home of the Giants
  • Sherrybaby
  • Battle in Seattle
  • Dream for an Insomniac
  • Space Warriors
  • Gentleman Broncos
  • TV - Cashmere Mafia (The Complete Series)

Stopped by two today. One only had copies of a low budget high school basketball movie and a pregnancy DVD (exercise maybe?). Second store had usual old stock (Ringers, Robsessed, Gross Anatomy [blu]) but next it was a new bin that was mostly all movies I've never heard of and nothing really worth a purchase for me. All were DVDs, no new Blurays. Here is a list that were in the "new" area.

• My One and Only ("Only at Target")
  • Cyborg 009: Good Vs. Evil
  • Just Write
  • Battlefield America
  • Contest
  • Home of the Giants
  • Sherrybaby
  • Battle in Seattle
  • Dream for an Insomniac
  • Space Warriors
  • Gentleman Broncos
  • TV - Cashmere Mafia (The Complete Series)
Thanks. I'm always up for cheap anime, so I'll be looking for Cyborg 009.

I enjoyed Gentleman Broncos -- It's from the director of Napoleon Dynamite & Nacho Libre. Definitely worth $1.

I've seen a few of these in my store, but they still have a lot of the DVDs that they had a few months ago that people just won't buy. Like 50 copies of that Abominable Snowman Christmas movie.

Where are you trading these in at? Has Best Buy done one of those epic DVD's get you $5 off Blu-ray sales lately? I mowed through plenty of my DVD's on that thing and would love to see it return. 

New batch at my local DT, with the display in the front of the store as you walk in.  Only had DVDs even though display had a listing for blurays as well, so I don't know if I missed them or if they had even gotten any.  Random assortment of mostly B titles as before.  I was only interested in Cybergeddon, and that still had an unexpired VUDU download for the movie.

• Astroboy Vol 4
  • Astroboy Vol 5
  • Super Hero Squad - Infinity Gauntlet S2 Vol 4
  • Cybergeddon
  • Hercules (mini-series - Leelee Sobieski & Sean Astin)
  • Reign Over Me
  • Vampires Suck
  • Benji (2 movies)
  • Tribute
  • The Maiden Heist
  • First Snow
  • Masked and Anonymous
  • Notes on a Scandal
  • Locker 13
  • Kabluey
  • The Name of the King 2
  • The King Maker
  • Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King
  • Mr. Hockey : Gordie Howe Story
  • Les Miserables (mini-series - Gerard Depardieu & John Malkovich)
  • Bikini Ready Fitness: Legs (and a few other workout titles)

I really want to find the Gordie Howe one for my Dad. It seems like only one person mentioned it, but did they have alot? I went to 5 or 6 in Columbus, Ohio but couldn't find it. I did notice, though, that some of the DVD were used/re-seals. I'm fine with that for $1, but that also might mean that some of the DVDs are not that widely available. Some titles were readily available at every store; others were one-off appearing at only one location.

Bump...

Hit up my hometown's one last week. Grabbed Gentleman Broncos on DVD for my sister. Had a bunch of other random ones from these 2015 drops as Battlefield America was one.

Also of note I found a computer CD of Classic Transformers Digital Comics (25 of them on PDF). Looked into it, it's by Git Media, who used to have the digital rights for Marvel and some other stuff before the Tablet market changed the game.

Today I was at my local one and was leaving after looking for 40 watt LED lightbulbs I got two of last month, but they were sold out (mentioning it, as they're pretty good for 40 watts. Better than some 60 watts I've picked up.)

Hit & Run on Blu/DVD/Digital (UV). It's that one comedy with Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard. Mixed reviews.
SNL Best of 06/07 on DVD (advertises "Dick in a Box"). Had two copies.
SNL Best of 09/10 on DVD (advertises Betty White's NPR segment). Had two copies, but both were loose in the case.
Two or three random workout DVDs aimed at women.

Grabbed two Hit & Runs and one of each SNL. They were up front in one of those basket displays that I ignore since they're usually filled with crap.

I'm still looking for that Gordie Howe DVD from before... Any sighting of it or does someone have a copy they picked up before? Please PM me. Thanks.

Had a few things earlier,

It's complicated

American pie unrated

Killer elite

Duplicity

Unleashed

SNL best of 06/07

Jobs

Silent hill revelations

Few other noteworthy titles

Tinker Tailor soldier spy , brokeback mtn, battlestar glactica (blood and chrome) movie all on blu.

Was only really interested in picking up some Blu-Rays, but pretty much all my local DT had was Silent Hill Revelation.  I picked it up but it turns out I already had the 3D version in my backlog.

It has been awhile since I last went to a Dollar Tree.  I usually get batteries, Banquet TV dinners, and/or throw away micro USB cables.  The last time I went I got one of the Astroboy DVDs and Cyborg 009.  I suppose it has been a year since I went to the closest one to my place.

I also saw the Transformers CD-ROM with Marvel Comics.  It was randomly placed in the craft isle for some reason, and they only had one copy.

I hit another store and bought: open road, hit and run, justin and changeling all on blu. They should have baby mama too according to the ad, but I haven;t seen that or silent hill at the 3 stores i hit.

Hit up my local Dollar Tree today and saw more, again up front by the doors.

Decent selection that included...

3rd Rock from the Sun Season 2

George Clooney The Collection (box set with Solaris, Thin Red Line and a third movie, I forget. In those slim line cases)
Batman Begins (full-screen, sadly)

The Dark Knight (2 disc special edition, wide screen)

Rush Hour 3 (2 disc platinum series, wide screen)

The Great Outdoors

Spider-Man 3 (some special edition in one of those bigger fold out cases, had more of these than about anything else.)

Matchstick Men

Cookie Jar set with Johnny Test and two other cartoons

4 Cartoons from the 1960's set (Quick Draw McGraw, Porky Pig, Atom Ant and Space Ghost) ...been seeing this everywhere, saw it earlier at Ollie's and yesterday at Dollar General and I think at Family Dollar the other day too.

...With This Ring (Gabrielle Union, looked like a romcom)

Also had two blus...

A 4 movie "Action Pack" with 2 Seagal and 2 JCVD movies. Attack Force, Into the Sun, Universal Soldier: The Return, Second in Command

Earth from Above: Stunning Water

Supposedly there are about 20 or so different Blus being found in this new batch.  Of course my local store never got any in last time and has yet to get any in this time.  Really wish they were consistent about the distribution of these among stores.

I picked up an ariel water scenery

action movie 4 pack

and a zach gallefanakis movie all on bluray.

Found DC wonder woman cartoon

Green Lantern cartoon

Bakugan vol 2

Spiderman 3 3 disc collectors

Found Galerians: RIon today at DT I usually don't go to.  Based off a PS1 game and with an interesting soundtrack for $1 I had to give it a try.

Most selections at DTs in my area seem to be exercise and Christmas titles.  Haven't seen any blu-rays.

Another shipment hit, not sure when, though. The bin they always have them in at mine looked picked through.

I got...

Undercover Brother (Full Screen) sole copy and says on the back previously enjoyed

Bunraku

Also saw...

Locker 13

Echos of War

Black November
Next Avengers (animated movie from around the time of those Hulk vs. Wolverine/Thor movies and the two Ultimate Avengers)

There were quite a few others, but most of it was stuff I'd never heard of.

Another shipment hit, not sure when, though. The bin they always have them in at mine looked picked through.

I got...

Undercover Brother (Full Screen) sole copy and says on the back previously enjoyed
Bunraku

Also saw...

Locker 13
Echos of War
Black November
Next Avengers (animated movie from around the time of those Hulk vs. Wolverine/Thor movies and the two Ultimate Avengers)

There were quite a few others, but most of it was stuff I'd never heard of.
Do any of these have UV codes ? I'm looking for replacement cases and any chance to recoup cost will be taken advantage of by me lol

Some of the blus had uv codes. I know big mommas house 3, one of the aciton movies, and the dragon one all had digital codes. Good luck finding any blus at this point. Hopefully they will do another shipment in the next month or two.

Some of the blus had uv codes. I know big mommas house 3, one of the aciton movies, and the dragon one all had digital codes. Good luck finding any blus at this point. Hopefully they will do another shipment in the next month or two.
Well I went to my dollar tree today and they got a new shipment today (they get 1$ movie shipments Wednesday nights) and i found the shipment box on the register counter ! There were 3 Blu rays in the box and I took all 3 as I need 4 replacement cases lol. I got

2X shark divers (some bullshit 4 part program about you guessed it .... shark divers)

1X outcast (looks like a dollar tree version of A knights tale but without the comedy .. and has Nicholas cage in it)

1X jaws 3 DVD (for mom, gotta love her)

Only notable title I saw was the 2008 Incredible Hulk on dvd so if you mcu DVD collectors out there are missing this title go to dollar tree and test your luck !!!

Well I went to my dollar tree today and they got a new shipment today (they get 1$ movie shipments Wednesday nights) and i found the shipment box on the register counter ! There were 3 Blu rays in the box and I took all 3 as I need 4 replacement cases lol. I got

2X shark divers (some bullshit 4 part program about you guessed it .... shark divers)

1X outcast (looks like a dollar tree version of A knights tale but without the comedy .. and has Nicholas cage in it)

1X jaws 3 DVD (for mom, gotta love her)

Only notable title I saw was the 2008 Incredible Hulk on dvd so if you mcu DVD collectors out there are missing this title go to dollar tree and test your luck !!!
I think those were from the last batch. They may be pushing out from their distribution centers.

From bluray.com:

"So I think this is the entire list for the latest {~05-17} DT batch:

Baytown Outlaws - Phase4
Blackthorn - Magnolia
Cuban Fury - eone
Dawn of the Dragon Slayer - BD/DVD/DC Combo - Phase4
Goodbye World - Phase4
Heatstroke - Phase4
Is Anybody There? - Magnolia
Missing Lynx, The - Phase4
Outcast - eone
Point Blank - Magnolia
Ragamuffin - Millennium
Shark Divers - Mill Creek
Stuck In Love - BD/DVD combo - Millennium/Alchemy
Triple Feature Action - Volume 1 (XIII:The Conspiracy/JCVD/Brotherhood)
Triple Feature Action - Volume 3 (Caged Animal/Outrage/Lords of the Street)
Triple Feature Family - Volume 1 (Missing Lynx/Donkey X/Disco Worms)
Two Lovers - Magnolia"

The DVDs are random assortments. It looks like the next planned shipment is 9-1-17.

FYI, there's a new round of Dollar Tree Blu-Rays at stores as the "Item of the week." Some decent 20th Century FOX titles are included such as Taken 2, Taken 3, Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and Freebirds among others.

FYI, there's a new round of Dollar Tree Blu-Rays at stores as the "Item of the week." Some decent 20th Century FOX titles are included such as Taken 2, Taken 3, Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and Freebirds among others.
Thanks for this !!!!! I need more cases and the taken films are perfect cause I can recoup the cost back by flipping the digital codes 😁

I bought a pretty big stack a couple days before they hit the shelves. The manager lets me go in the backroom and look through stuff. There were about 15 different blus. I never did find Toys in The Attic though. There is am annoying hipster that does dollar tree DVD videos, so you will see a lot of them on his video.

I bought a pretty big stack a couple days before they hit the shelves. The manager lets me go in the backroom and look through stuff. There were about 15 different blus. I never did find Toys in The Attic though. There is am annoying hipster that does dollar tree DVD videos, so you will see a lot of them on his video.
Did you see the taken Blu rays ?

I don't have the blus here, but I know I got taken 2 and 3, rio 2, Australia, and some others. they probably have a list on DVD.com by now.

I don't have the blus here, but I know I got taken 2 and 3, rio 2, Australia, and some others. they probably have a list on DVD.com by now.
My dollar tree just got some new $1.00 Blu rays !! They have

The longest ride (a ton of copy's of this 😂). Comes with digital UV code

Secret life of Walter Mitty with UV code

Blackthorn with no digital code

Dear dumb diary with no digital code

bread's done
Back