Game Gorilla - New Console Game Trading Service

MassiveCosby

CAG Newbie
Apparently there's a new service out there that boasts the best deal available for your used and unwanted PS4 and Xbox One games. The company went live a few days ago, and it's the first trading company that treats game trading like a service, guaranteeing the safety of your property.

20140422064330-how-it-works.jpg

View Game Gorilla's official press release here:

http://www.releasewire.com/press-releases/release-577998.htm

http://www.thegamegorilla.com

vsiwwsvu4gbz3jl6yndz.png

I think what's cool about it though is that everything is guaranteed. Like you don’t deal with the general public and your game is guaranteed to work. I'd pay $5 for that easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not create threads to ask a question.  Only post specific video game deals. No affiliate links, trade posts/threads, or self-promotion! Read our rules!

Oh. Well this seems like a game deal to me.
Are you involved with the service? You're a new user and all but two of your posts are about this service. Why would anyone need to pay some company to trade with someone else? Many of us have been trading for years here and elsewhere without any major issues and it costs nothing.

Are you involved with the service? You're a new user and all but two of your posts are about this service. Why would anyone need to pay some company to trade with someone else? Many of us have been trading for years here and elsewhere without any major issues and it costs nothing.
That's cool, just saw this and thought it was cool. No, I'm not affiliated with this compay. Looked relevant to this forum is all. I signed up for it yesteday and I'm pretty stoked about it. Yes, I am new here but sheesh, why the instant flamming?

I think the problem is, it's not a deal, its not a service that is cheaper than something else, it's just that, another trading service, and I see a partner ID in your link, which is against the rules.

Well as far as I know, all other trading services are free, which comes with its risks. I've used sites such as Goosex before and gotten screwed. I haven't used anything like that since. When I saw this I got excited. If you don't like it that's fine, just sharing it.

No kick back, the only thing I get would be more people posting their games, meaning more games that I could potentially trade for. I'm just excited about this is all, I'm new on this site and I already feel very unwelcome. I shared something that prior no one here knew about. Isn't that worth it in and of itself?

Not a deal, period.
Well to me it's a deal. 5 bucks for a guaranteed trade sounds great to me.

Do not create threads to ask a question. Only post specific video game deals. No affiliate links, trade posts/threads, or self-promotion! Read our rules!
no one knows how to read anymore. Either that, or they are too goddamn lazy to look.
No kick back, the only thing I get would be more people posting their games, meaning more games that I could potentially trade for. I'm just excited about this is all, I'm new on this site and I already feel very unwelcome. I shared soemthing that prior no one here knew about. Isn't that worth it in and of itself?
That is how we roll.

If we welcome you, then we may have to deal with more people posting shitty non-deals.

Okay, let's get specifc then. No affiliate links, trade posts/threads, or self-promotion!

I am not affiliated, this is not a trade, this is a post about a company who does trades, and it's not self-promotion. This is a deal to me, that's why I posted it here. You don't have to like the deal. Inherent in a deal is that you are still spending money.

You guys should save up some money to buy www.gamegorilla.com instead of having www.THEgamegorilla.com . Pretty much a deal breaker right there.

Rather than just piling on I'll point out that in the past there were threads related to other game trading services like Goozex and that Cheapy even seemed to have a good relationship with the people running the site.  So it may have been posted in the wrong forum but it does belong on CAG.

Also chill out, CAG used to be a friendly place so no need to go all Schwarzenegger on the guy.

Rather than just piling on I'll point out that in the past there were threads related to other game trading services like Goozex and that Cheapy even seemed to have a good relationship with the people running the site. So it may have been posted in the wrong forum but it does belong on CAG.

Also chill out, CAG used to be a friendly place so no need to go all Schwarzenegger on the guy.
Thank you, I appreciate this.

OP, you are selling us a service, not a deal. I mean you had to post that youtube video just to explain wtf this site is.

There is a section on this site that has services that you can advertise for yourself or the company over here

Now if this Gorilla site was selling individual games for a certain price, kind of like GameFly does, and you linked us to that section instead of THE SERVICE itself, I can see it being posted here.

Other than that, this doesn't belong in this section of CAG.

OP, you are selling us a service, not a deal. I mean you had to post that youtube video just to explain wtf this site is.

There is a section on this site that has services that you can advertise for yourself or the company over here

Now if this Gorilla site was selling individual games for a certain price, kind of like GameFly does, and you linked us to that section instead of THE SERVICE itself, I can see it being posted here.

Other than that, this doesn't belong in this section of CAG.
Yes, I realized after the fact that I should have posted this elsewhere. To me, the service is the deal itself, but that's coming from a newbie to these forums. I'd love it if a moderator would move this to the correct place, or otherwise direct me to where it goes and then they can close this one.

still has the partner ID hidden in his link, if you copy the link address it is www.thegamegorilla.com&pid=12465469

The first one of these this guy started was deleted, can this one be as well?

Man it's a huge dick parade in here...how about we have this thread moved to the appropriate forum (if deemed necessary) and you all quit your pissing and moaning?

Sounding like a natural advertiser, I'll ignore it for now. Posting in the wrong section of CAG, whatever, a mod can easily fix it.

My problem is that its unclear what the "guarantee" actually means. I'm supposed to pay an extra $5 on top of shipping to add a 3rd party into the trading link. Theres no mention of original packaging, disc condition, what happens if the disc doesn't work after being supposedly tested at the facility, costs when they do detect bad discs, lost packages, etc etc etc. What all those what ifs in the air, its ceases to really be a guaranteed deal and more of a gamble imo

Sounding like a natural advertiser, I'll ignore it for now. Posting in the wrong section of CAG, whatever, a mod can easily fix it.

My problem is that its unclear what the "guarantee" actually means. I'm supposed to pay an extra $5 on top of shipping to add a 3rd party into the trading link. Theres no mention of original packaging, disc condition, what happens if the disc doesn't work after being supposedly tested at the facility, costs when they do detect bad discs, lost packages, etc etc etc. What all those what ifs in the air, its ceases to really be a guaranteed deal and more of a gamble imo
They may have policies on all those things. I'd bet they do.

I'm having a hard time finding someone to trade me a copy of a game I have in the "Same Title Different Platform" thread but it's a CE.  I wonder if they take CE value into consideration.

EDIT:  LOOK LOOK LOOK everyone!  The thread got moved!  You can quit your bitching!  I mean, IF you can... :D

those link additions are from the CAG end.  It's so we can track which links came from which posts.  Also, I moved this thread to the proper forum.  Thanks for the heads up, OP.

those link additions are from the CAG end. It's so we can track which links came from which posts. Also, I moved this thread to the proper forum. Thanks for the heads up, OP.
Thanks very much for this bossman. Can you clean the thread up also???

Goddamn. What a bunch of dickheads in this thread.
I feel bad for the OP. Now that everyone's been such an ass to him about posting in the wrong forum - can all the people that accused him of the PID problem apologize?
You were all clearly wrong, let's see you own it.

P.S. No I don't know the guy, at all. I've been on this forum for years - I can't stand the internet flame-bandwagons so I never post in forums like this. Bullshit.

I think the problem is, it's not a deal, its not a service that is cheaper than something else, it's just that, another trading service, and I see a partner ID in your link, which is against the rules.
Can you apologize to this guy now that the PID link thing has been cleared up? Thanks.

still has the partner ID hidden in his link, if you copy the link address it is www.thegamegorilla.com&pid=12465469

The first one of these this guy started was deleted, can this one be as well?
Can you apologize to this guy now that the PID link thing has been cleared up? Thanks.

I apologize for the hard time about the PID and and you are welcome for telling you what a CE is.

Goddamn. What a bunch of dickheads in this thread.
I feel bad for the OP. Now that everyone's been such an ass to him about posting in the wrong forum - can all the people that accused him of the PID problem apologize?
You were all clearly wrong, let's see you own it.

P.S. No I don't know the guy, at all. I've been on this forum for years - I can't stand the internet flame-bandwagons so I never post in forums like this. Bullshit.
done

bread's done
Back