Best Buy: PS4 MLB 15 The Show 10th Anniversary Edition $69.99/$56 GCU

wynams

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hmm the orig link worked for me, but I updated OP w a different link. It is still up as of 9:18 PST 2/5

There is also a link to product on Best Buy in the text of  the PS Blog (reveal link in OP) should you encounter a problem with my link.

Not certain what is going on, but good luck CAGs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the vita version only comes with a game voucher code.
Yep only the code, plus the $20 off price is supposed to be a "preorder incentive" according to the announcement, I doubt it would go back up to $40 since they sell horribly on the Vita but you never know, but they sure do know how to catch a guy's eye at that price haha

Does anyone know if Best Buy is one of the "various retailers" that will be giving away the controller skin? That, along with a steel book cover that doesn't have puig on it and I'm sold.

"12k in Stubs ($9.99 value)

15 Bonus Item packs ($15.00 value)"

Anyone care to explain what these are? The steelbook and themes are nice, but so far I'm not really seeing why I'd get the LE over the vanilla.

I love that steelbook but I really don't know that I want to pay full price for this or support their microtransaction BS.

"12k in Stubs ($9.99 value)

15 Bonus Item packs ($15.00 value)"

Anyone care to explain what these are? The steelbook and themes are nice, but so far I'm not really seeing why I'd get the LE over the vanilla.
Starting in 13 I believe and really ramping it up last year they went the NBA 2K route and really went heavy on the microtransactions and buying in game currency. It's gross.

If I preorder it's only going to be for the steelbook and themes.

I love that steelbook but I really don't know that I want to pay full price for this or support their microtransaction BS.

Yep I'm getting it just for the Steelbook, themes, and free skin it. Going to trade the game in for probably $44. I'll end up rebuying the game down the road.

Ordered and I don't even like baseball.  Last game I played was NES days, but that "Baseball" game was pretty fun.

Starting in 13 I believe and really ramping it up last year they went the NBA 2K route and really went heavy on the microtransactions and buying in game currency. It's gross.

Ahh, thanks. Figured it was something along those lines. I really only play the franchise mode, so I'm going to pass on this one. The steelbook is really really nice, and it'd be cool to get a Yankees theme, but not worth the extra money IMO. I'll just end up trading this game in at the end of the season anyway, so I'm out.

Ordered and I don't even like baseball. Last game I played was NES days, but that "Baseball" game was pretty fun.
This isn't the game for you. This is not a quick pick up and play game. Even if you play with the simplest/easiest settings, it's not for people who don't appreciate a more serious tone of baseball.

This isn't the game for you. This is not a quick pick up and play game. Even if you play with the simplest/easiest settings, it's not for people who don't appreciate a more serious tone of baseball.
I'm pretty sure its not. I'm gonna sell the game to my friend for cheap, BB trade in value, and the in game extras. I just want the steelbook, themes and skin it. I'll give the game a try of course but I'm not expecting to fall in love with it.

Thanks for posting the link. Got it pre-ordered. I know the Vita game is literally a $19 roster update, but I like having the option to play my season on the go as well. 

So burnt out on this series. The Show is great but after five years in a row, they all blend in to being the same damn game. I thought being on next gen with new physics would change it considerably but...no. Just 60 fps. Other people must be getting burnt out seeing as how each successive iteration drops in price increasingly fast. This will be $30 by summer-fall.

Even the promised upgrade to commentary was lackluster. I think we need a new pair up in the booth.

Ordered and I don't even like baseball. Last game I played was NES days, but that "Baseball" game was pretty fun.
that's weird...then you probably wont like this game. On that note I hate cakes and pastries so I'm gonna go hang out at the bakery all day.

I'm not going to dogpile 15 before the reveal at 2PM today ... if it looks unimpressive, preorder cancelled!

https://twitter.com/MLBTheShow/status/563083533477232640

I'm pretty sure its not. I'm gonna sell the game to my friend for cheap, BB trade in value, and the in game extras. I just want the steelbook, themes and skin it. I'll give the game a try of course but I'm not expecting to fall in love with it.
Out of curiosity if you don't like baseball why do you want baseball themes or a baseball skin it or a baseball steelbook?

The NES baseball game was really fun back in the day. I still play it on my 3ds. I just had to buy it.

I was going to order mine from BB to get the gcu discount but I figured I can go ahead and use my gamestop credit and giftcard and pick it up quicker that way. I hope the skinit promo has my team and it doesn't take forever to ship it.

I think it is a pretty good deal for only 10 bucks extra.

Thats the same price on gamestop and amazons sight. So obviously its MSRP.

And its part of the pre order program 10 dollar bonus it will say it is and be listed on the programs page. And if it is then we have an entire thread for the bestbuy pre order program already.

Im confused about how this is a deal.

The Vita versions have gotten progressively worse since MLB 12. MLB 13 had the horrible all or nothing guess pitch, which isn't bad on the consoles, but it was extremely tough on the vita (for me at least.) Then the vita version of MLB 14's frame rate was so bad that I had to turn on auto fielding. Pair all of this with the graphics never being updated from 12-14 $20 is the right price and I would even wait for it to get lower, but I am assuming that MLB 14 will have remote play so there really is no reason for me personally to get the vita version as I can live without playing my season or RTTS on the go. /Rant over. Hope this made sense and it helped someone.

<---- agreed. As a kid, Baseball Stars was my go to game. Still play it occasionally.

Try Road to the Show when you get '15, its pretty cool to start as an 18 y/o and work your way thru the minors

got an order in. not the biggest bb fan but my giants are world champs so gotta support mlb.  the last great bb game i played was mvp bb 2005. 

This game is a must buy every year for me. With GCU I pre ordered it. Not sure how limited these will be but better safe than sorry. Hope they improve online but honestly last year I enjoyed playing road to the show most of the time.

So burnt out on this series. The Show is great but after five years in a row, they all blend in to being the same damn game. I thought being on next gen with new physics would change it considerably but...no. Just 60 fps. Other people must be getting burnt out seeing as how each successive iteration drops in price increasingly fast. This will be $30 by summer-fall.

Even the promised upgrade to commentary was lackluster. I think we need a new pair up in the booth.
I'm with you on all sport games. Thats why I go at least every other year. I'm getting the show this year since the last one I bought was 2010.

Love the steelbook but 14 was such a disappointment...
Unless you ONLY play online I don't see how last year's could be viewed as a disappointment. It was far and away the best first installment for a sports game on the PS4. Have you seen the fact sheet for this year? It's insane. I'm just a huge baseball nut so maybe I'm biased, but I always look for things to not like and come up empty. But as an offline-only franchise and RTTS player maybe that's why.

This is gonna be a trophy list based buy for me but that steelbook looks amazing.
14's trophy list sucks lol and I still haven't platinumed it because of it. Only need like 3 player related trophies left too. Should get that taken care of so I can trade it in before value plummets more.

Newest one I have is 12 on Vita, 10 on PS3. I haven't been great at baseball games since 2K took them a lot farther in Sim style.

I stunk at 10, maybe this would be easier?

They seem to be adding some more arcade style features to hitting for people who have a hard time with that if they want to use them.
Sounds good. Its a little embarrassing but its the truth.

I've been playing the game for years and still only hit around .250-.275 but I have great pitching so it helps me out lol.
Loved the PSOne triple play games, skipped them on PS2 and when I tries the 2K 360 games I was shocked at how Much baseball video games had changed. Love the spectacle of the new stuff but the learning curve is steeper than real life baseball.

<---- agreed. As a kid, Baseball Stars was my go to game. Still play it occasionally.

Try Road to the Show when you get '15, its pretty cool to start as an 18 y/o and work your way thru the minors
You guys should check out Super Mega Baseball if you haven't already.

bread's done
Back