* * * * - 3 votes

Playstation TV $49.99 w/$10 off coupon [Radio Shack]

#31 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8515 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:54 AM

GS is just the worst.  Seriously, why would someone trust their refurbs?

http://arstechnica.c...60s-since-2009/

http://www.bloomberg...the-digital-age

Really meaningless since there si no known issue of widespread failure of PS TVs.

#32 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

Will wait for this to pop up at Target on clearance for 70% or more off.

#33 HonkIfULuvHoez  

HonkIfULuvHoez

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:13 AM

Considering one, but I saw a Borderlands 2 Vita repackage as is on clearance at Target this morning for $140. Better deal? It said repackaged but I swear it had never been opened. I think the box might have been damaged.

Anyone know if the Borderlands Vita has ever been at a better price? Using redcard, this might finally be a buy for me, but perhaps it'll drop more...I'm still not sure how much I want a Vita/PSP though...PS3/PS4 backlog is more than enough TBH but it looks intriguing, esp. with a PSTV...thoughts?

#34 RistoGriffith   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

RistoGriffith

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:26 AM

Didn't Radioshack just file bankruptcy? Feel like I'll wait on this.

#35 jkimrey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

I received my email within minutes of signing up for it.

If you're using gmail, make sure you check your 'Promotions' section - that's where mine showed up.

Just asking, I tried getting a $10 coupon for signing up and I've been waiting over an hour for my coupon and still nothing, any idea why?

#36 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7125 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

If anybody cares about being "Refurbished" GameStop has them for $60 or $54 with PUR.

http://www.gamestop....urbished/119424

Just throwing it out there as a substitute since this is OOS.

Why does the PUR discount work on this? Is it classified as an accessory as opposed to a system?

#37 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

Well, as said many times, Persona 4 Golden. Also, Tales of Hearts R. Freedom Wars. DanganRonpa 1+2.

Thanks. I didn't really have a reason to check the Vita threads until now. Even then not all the games are enabled for the PSTV so I figured I'd ask for some recommendations of ones that are.

#38 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

Well realistically speaking there isn't much to "refurbish" for the PlayStation TV. I can't imagine they're in bad condition by any means.

Refurb in corporate speak is just used

I had a manager at GameStop not say it outright but 100% imply I had messed up a used ps2 controller, open the next one and tell me I wouldn't be allowed to return that and that I saw it was fine. So...that one didn't work either and he wasn't there the next day haha

I tried to return a GameStick recently (it was the controller but she thought it was the system) and she preceded to cut the tape on the box and the plastic wrap around the controller, and then tell me there were scuff marks on the controller...then she said it was retaped and that's why she checked. So they sold it "refurbished" as new. Best part is when she realized it was just an accessory she didn't care about checking it anymore and said you can return them new or used. But you said it was scuffed up?

#39 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5733 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

All the stores around me are out of these things would like to try one for remote play of PS4..  Anyone have any luck price matching these things anywhere?

#40 Emoney244   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

Hmm... I'm wondering if Persona 4, Killzone and Danganronpa is enough to justify this.

#41 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6834 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:34 PM

Anyone know if the Borderlands Vita has ever been at a better price? Using redcard, this might finally be a buy for me, but perhaps it'll drop more...I'm still not sure how much I want a Vita/PSP though...PS3/PS4 backlog is more than enough TBH but it looks intriguing, esp. with a PSTV...thoughts?

I should have stated that the "as-is repackaged" Vita isn't a deal that can be found at all Targets. More than likely, it was a system that was either bought and returned or a system that was damaged in shipping, so there was just the one at my local store, so it's not a Target-wide deal. I just figured I would ask people in the thread considering the regular price is $199.99. I would be great if Sony would drop the price of standalone Vita slims to somewhere between $99.99 to $149.99, but that would be admitting defeat to the 3DS.

#42 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5733 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:44 PM

Ugh gave in a bought one of these and its a POS.. Im not going to buy a stronger router for a better signal but not only does it pixel out and the frame rate drop but it down scales Ps4 games to 720... this thing sucks

#43 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:47 AM

Damn. $50 has been my sweet spot for this thing. Missed out. 

#44 Emoney244   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:17 AM

Does this come with any kind of memory card? And if I do get it can I swap the card to this and regular Vita, back and forth?

#45 HonkIfULuvHoez  

HonkIfULuvHoez

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:31 AM

Anyone think I can still PM this to a "fun" or "dumb" target/walmart/etc. Employee?

#46 Zantra2  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

Has anybody received a confirmation that their PSTV has shipped yet? Mine just says "open" which is vague as heck. I hope that I didn't just waste $54 that I can't get back, since they are going into bankruptcy.

#47 Genki-JAM   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Genki-JAM

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

I think this should be taken out of the Deal Graveyard because they're back in stock on the site. I just bought one with the coupon.

#48 J2damuahz   Google It! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

J2damuahz

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

Thank You managed to order one just now.

#49 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:30 PM

Added on in my cart ... still waiting on coupon. 

$50 is a great deal for someone who loves JRPGs. Can't wait to play this thing. 

As for the PS4 streaming, I'll see how that goes, but I just have a spare hdmi and cord (PS has the best power cords) in my bedroom. Never a big deal to unhook from living room for me, might even be less of a headache than streaming. 

This is PS4's power cord: 

GPP09405-2.jpg?1411987590

This is XBOXs: 

1600301-5.jpg

#50 JuGgAlObOyZ69   rainmaker CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

JuGgAlObOyZ69

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:37 PM

If it's gone down in price this quickly, I'll wait for it to hit like, $30.  The lack of streaming video services, the huge incompability list and the fact that I still need to buy a memory card (that costs more than the system) makes it hard to swallow when I've got a PS3 and a Vita already.

They should give away these things for free with Dualshock 4s.  Yessir :D

#51 o0achilles0o   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   654 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

o0achilles0o

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

If it's gone down in price this quickly, I'll wait for it to hit like, $30.  The lack of streaming video services, the huge incompability list and the fact that I still need to buy a memory card (that costs more than the system) makes it hard to swallow when I've got a PS3 and a Vita already.

They should give away these things for free with Dualshock 4s.  Yessir :D

I'm right there with you. I keep putting it in my cart and then realizing I don't really need it and then realizing that they'll be on a fire sale by the end of the year anyway. You have to imagine that there's a warehouse dedicated to just holding all the unsold Playstation TVs.

#52 Zantra2  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

Finally got my shipping confirmation. My Playstation TV is somewhere in Texas. Apparently it won't arrive until the 17th. Which is disappointing, as I ordered it on the 7th, and the shipping said 3 to 5 business days.

#53 J2damuahz   Google It! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

J2damuahz

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

sucks my order was just cancelled. I'll wait for a cheaper price no rush.

#54 matttco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

Radioshack cancelled my order :(