Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Just what we need, split information... or is the other one just going to close?
The other will close. I picked a bad time as there are no mods online at the moment. :ziplip:

I'm on the site just about all day and have no other thread commitments. I promise it will be great, and will update with new deals in the title and more. Thanks for your patience!

The other will close. I picked a bad time as there are no mods online at the moment. :ziplip:

I'm on the site just about all day and have no other thread commitments. I promise it will be great, and will update with new deals in the title and more. Thanks for your patience!
Already showing as locked.

Glad we are getting a new thread. Hopefully we can keep out the unneeded crap out of this one.

On that note. I really hope Shulk comes in soon. I have a bad feeling lol.

got my Lucario, and now I just hope that my Shulk pick-up doesn't get messed up. Not to mention my Ike and Dedede form Walmart.

Unfortunate Prediction Time:

After the first 20K posts - New Thread was made, Amiibo interest at an all time high (partially due to rarity)

After the next 20K posts - New Thread starts to die, Amiibo interest is fading and turned into Skylanders.

I have been "collecting" for 2 months now, I do not like the trend that Amiibo have been taking.  Here's hoping to me being wrong!

Glad we are getting a new thread. Hopefully we can keep out the unneeded crap out of this one.

On that note. I really hope Shulk comes in soon. I have a bad feeling lol.
as discussed earlier, the shulk orders that are store pickup are showing closed.....which apparently is "normal". Then why is my monster hunter 4 collectors edition still showing open and they both are being released the same day? hmmmmm.......same store location and everything

Unfortunate Prediction Time:

After the first 20K posts - New Thread was made, Amiibo interest at an all time high (partially due to rarity)

After the next 20K posts - New Thread starts to die, Amiibo interest is fading and turned into Skylanders.

I have been "collecting" for 2 months now, I do not like the trend that Amiibo have been taking. Here's hoping to me being wrong!
what is your #1 dislike with the current amiibo status?

Fun update on Newegg orders. I called again since they said last week I should get an update soon since the dates on the amiibo were for the 2/1. Apparently they have yet to receive stock on any wave 3 orders yet. They told me that they will mail them out in the order they were received once they get there stock in. 

I ordered Megaman, Sonic, Toon Link, and Ike

I'm not terribly worried as most places have not received most of wave 3 yet. But I will continue to keep everyone posted. Has anyone else heard anything from Newegg?

what is your #1 dislike with the current amiibo status?
The Amiibo community seemed much more genuine to the idea of collecting Amiibo that mattered to them personally, not others. I remember Twitter's post when TRU had Villager up for $18.99 (after shipping) on eBay and I passed on it because I don't give a damn about Villager...still don't!

Now on reddit and sometimes here, I see terms like "unicorn" and questions about rarity, and the absolute worst, the "trader" who hates the "scalper" because the scalper buys all the Amiibo so that the trader cannot buy up all the Amiibo to trade. Meanwhile, Nintendo can't pull it's head out of it's ass to make a decent profit from a corporate standpoint, so I fear they will take the negative feedback from angry fanboys and retailers and flood the market, which will obviously now kill the momentum created mostly by resale value.

I think the Amiibo community would have been better of if we didn't go mainstream to begin with. Then, out of the 20K posts maybe 150 of them were of actual useful information, and unfortunately on the new thread this post is just another of many that do not provide value (an actual Amiibo deal and link!).

Is it sad that I will purchase an open box for my Villager amiibo since Im missing mine?

Rosalina & Luma finally arrived!  :D/

UPS delivered very late.

Delivered On: Monday,  02/09/2015 at 8:23 P.M.

Left At: Porch

PU0gk0N.jpg

Rosalina & Luma finally arrived!

UPS delivered very late.

Delivered On: Monday, 02/09/2015 at 8:23 P.M.

Left At: Porch
I had an estimated delivery date from Target between the 4th and 9th... Needless to say, she never showed up yet. I really hope my bad luck with Target doesn't happen twice in a row with my Amiibo orders :wall:

Do we have release dates on Sonic and Mega Man?
I finally got a delivery estimate for Sonic, should be here this Friday, one less that I have to worry about. The only one I need is Mega Man assuming Shulk comes through with no problems, I could use a domestic Ike and King Dedede but I don't need them.

I finally got a delivery estimate for Sonic, should be here this Friday, one less that I have to worry about. The only one I need is Mega Man assuming Shulk comes through with no problems, I could use a domestic Ike and King Dedede but I don't need them.
Right, but do we have an idea when stores are due to start stocking both characters?

From reddit:

2/9?

• Bowser [Walmart]
  • Sheik [Walmart]
  • Toon Link [Walmart]
2/13

• Ike [GameStop, Toys 'R' Us]
  • King Dedede [GameStop, Toys 'R' Us]
  • Mega Man [Toys 'R' Us]
  • Sheik [GameStop]
  • Shulk [GameStop]
  • Sonic [BestBuy, Toys 'R' Us, Walmart]
  • Toon Link [GameStop]
2/20

• Ike [BestBuy, Walmart]
  • King Dedede [BestBuy, Walmart]
  • Mega Man [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
  • Meta Knight [BestBuy]
  • Sonic [GameStop]

Right, but do we have an idea when stores are due to start stocking both characters?
This Friday or next Friday, it's all up in the air as far as I'm concerned.
I read here that King Dedede and Ike are this Friday while the other two are next Friday, pick your battle.

From reddit:

2/9?

• Bowser [Walmart]
  • Sheik [Walmart]
  • Toon Link [Walmart]
2/13

• Ike [GameStop, Toys 'R' Us]
  • King Dedede [GameStop, Toys 'R' Us]
  • Mega Man [Toys 'R' Us]
  • Sheik [GameStop]
  • Shulk [GameStop]
  • Sonic [BestBuy, Toys 'R' Us, Walmart]
  • Toon Link [GameStop]
2/20

• Ike [BestBuy, Walmart]
  • King Dedede [BestBuy, Walmart]
  • Mega Man [BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart]
  • Meta Knight [BestBuy]
  • Sonic [GameStop]
this needs to be added to the OP

I'm sure this is the millionth time this has been asked but did we ever get a concrete answer on what's up with the GS store pick up orders being closed? 

If they really are cancelled, I'm SoL on Ike, Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man.:whistle2:

The Amiibo community seemed much more genuine to the idea of collecting Amiibo that mattered to them personally, not others. I remember Twitter's post when TRU had Villager up for $18.99 (after shipping) on eBay and I passed on it because I don't give a damn about Villager...still don't!

Now on reddit and sometimes here, I see terms like "unicorn" and questions about rarity, and the absolute worst, the "trader" who hates the "scalper" because the scalper buys all the Amiibo so that the trader cannot buy up all the Amiibo to trade. Meanwhile, Nintendo can't pull it's head out of it's ass to make a decent profit from a corporate standpoint, so I fear they will take the negative feedback from angry fanboys and retailers and flood the market, which will obviously now kill the momentum created mostly by resale value.

I think the Amiibo community would have been better of if we didn't go mainstream to begin with. Then, out of the 20K posts maybe 150 of them were of actual useful information, and unfortunately on the new thread this post is just another of many that do not provide value (an actual Amiibo deal and link!).
Couldn't have said it better myself. Scalpers == Traders, there isn't any difference (I will believe they are different the day I see a trader happily trading, say Villager, for a SSB Mario or Pikachu). They are the reason most of the real amiibo hype is gone (i.e. fans and collectors alike looking to get their favorites / a complete collection respectively) and replaced by the rarity and value instead.

I want a Meta Knight and King Dedede because I am super excited about Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, not because they are rare. I was super excited to get my hands on Mario on day one just because he is a character I like...

Can anyone tell me what their experience has been getting Amiibo at Walmart on launch dates? I'm debating whether or not I should be there on the 20th when they open, but I know their amiibo stock to be pathetic.

I'm sure this is the millionth time this has been asked but did we ever get a concrete answer on what's up with the GS store pick up orders being closed?

If they really are cancelled, I'm SoL on Ike, Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man. :whistle2:(
holy crap this question will not die, perhaps we can add this to the OP as well

the online preorder ship to stores are showing closed because GS.com has shipped them to the store and their end is closed, you should receive a text message on Wednesday notifying you that the amiibos will be available for pickup Friday

Let's get some deals! Be nice to go beyond just GCU although the GCU + B2G1 has worked out VERY well for me so far. All of wave 2 and 3 so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back