* * * - - 72 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#32761 KageAlchemist   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

KageAlchemist

Posted Today, 10:30 PM

Best Buy selling them online seems like a big middle finger to all of the poor fans who were waiting in line for hours.

I'd be seriously pissed off to have waited in line and still not end up with one because they only received between 15 and 40 of them.

I was also told by my local Best Buy that they would "never be sold on their website because they couldn't control how many are ordered". He was full of SHAQ I'm thinking.

What about people like me who work a normal job and cannot ever go to these stupid Friday releases? You are basically saying I should not have a chance to get one then.

#32762 Pokechaos480   Consuming Chaos CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted Today, 10:31 PM

Love how the guy bitching about it being in store only is bitching about it being put online.

#32763 sasukekun   Cat-Like Typing Detected CAGiversary!   6646 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:37 PM

Last time I ordered some amiibos from bestbuy.com they put all 3 of them inside of a padded envelope.

Needless to say, all 3 were damaged/crushed/bent/torn. When I called BB CS about it, all they told me was since they left the warehouse in good condition that it's the carrier's fault. WTF  :boxing:

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#32764 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:37 PM

Surprised to see 20 people in line.  I got there right at open.  There was enough so everyone got one.  But the stock they had on the floor was gone quick.  last I saw the guy was grabbing a 2nd box of them in the back. The limit was 2 per person but was quickly changed to 1. 

contrast that with my mom who went on a run for me  in case my luck didn't hold up.  She got there 5 minutes early and there were 3 people in line.  Limit was 1 there to start with.

So I have a few extras.  I guess I have her return them unless people are paying a lot on Ebay. 

#32765 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:38 PM

Last time I ordered some amiibos from bestbuy.com they put all 3 of them inside of a padded envelope.

Needless to say, all 3 were damaged/crushed/bent/torn. When I called BB CS about it, all they told me was since they left the warehouse in good condition that it's the carrier's fault. WTF  :boxing:

Yeah happened to me too.  They could care less.  

#32766 jfenix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:47 PM

I'm worried that because it's just one Amiibo they will ship it in a padded mailer. Here's hoping for the best.

#32767 Pokechaos480   Consuming Chaos CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted Today, 10:49 PM

Best Buy has always shipped in boxes for me. Regardless of amount ordered.

#32768 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   1503 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted Today, 10:51 PM

I might actually show up for the 3-pack pre-order at GameStop. I typically don't go in for pre-orders, especially on items like Amiibos. (part of the fun/challenge is trying to get them) But that "retro" pack is right up my alley, and I have GOT to get my hands on a R.O.B. As a child of the 80's, that particular figure is right in my wheelhouse. My first exposure to the original NES included that robot.

#32769 EdJericho  

Posted Today, 10:53 PM

I'm worried that because it's just one Amiibo they will ship it in a padded mailer. Here's hoping for the best.

Some BB rep during Wave 4 mentioned they fixed that issue and weren't shipping them in bubble mailers anymore. Now whether your Amiibo comes with a huge X slash cut in the back is another question as some people who ordered from Wave 4 ended up getting them like that (as did I but it was Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man which were easily replaceable).

nkae40E20Q1srd5g9o1_500_s_zpspfm85viw.gi

#32770 tinypoem   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

tinypoem

Posted Today, 10:56 PM

My local BB sold out of all 45 this morning in under 4 minutes. Manager seemed really happy.

#32771 D.Choy   Oh Hai. CAGiversary!   896 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 11:00 PM

Some BB rep during Wave 4 mentioned they fixed that issue and weren't shipping them in bubble mailers anymore. Now whether your Amiibo comes with a huge X slash cut in the back is another question as some people who ordered from Wave 4 ended up getting them like that (as did I but it was Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man which were easily replaceable).

Yeah what the heck was with the box cutter mark on the back of some of them? My Charizard came like that and I complained to CS and never got an email back.