* * * - - 77 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#34591 EvilSena  

Posted Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Still nothing for the Shovel knight amiibo (US)?

#34592 burnalivetolive  

burnalivetolive

Posted Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Still nothing for the Shovel knight amiibo (US)?

There's a placeholder link up on Best Buy but nothing active yet.

#34593 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   6872 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:24 AM

Damn you Nintendo...

Spoiler

I always look forward to these.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#34594 EvilSena  

Posted Yesterday, 12:30 AM

There's a placeholder link up on Best Buy but nothing active yet.

Yeah. I saw that. I just want to pre-order it now. I don't want this to happen when I'm fall asleep. :/

#34595 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:06 AM

Damn you Nintendo...

Spoiler

Never knew I'd get into costume design, always been either the camera man, editor or graphic designer.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#34596 pittsnoggle   Acting Lord CAGiversary!   2369 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted Yesterday, 01:16 AM

Is Shulk even confirmed in this?

no, but it would still make sense for his amiibo to do something

690810.png

#34597 nextisland  

nextisland

Posted Yesterday, 04:03 AM

Sleeping late makes you gain weight guys keep that in mind when you're F5 nig at 4am

#34598 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted Yesterday, 04:12 AM

when was olimar sold out? and target has the 30th mario anniversary and thats out too

#34599 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Bivensra

Posted Yesterday, 04:41 AM

It will be really nice to casually walk into BB, pick up Stars Wars pre order and figures. Good w/ current Amiibo wave and just need Marios as long as Yoshi and Chibi Robo Costco bundles come through. My son is more excited about Star Wars than upcoming Amiibo. A 8 year old heck all of us are inundated with Star Wars right now so that is to be expected.
"GO YANKEES"

#34600 d3adliner   nephilim CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:43 AM

when was olimar sold out? and target has the 30th mario anniversary and thats out too

Nearly 2 days ago.

D34DL1N3R.png

#34601 domoniccc  

Posted Yesterday, 04:45 AM

Sleeping late makes you gain weight guys keep that in mind when you're F5 nig at 4am

Give it a ...rest.

#34602 EdIwin3052   Ultimate Lucky Student CAG in Training   181 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

EdIwin3052

Posted Yesterday, 04:57 AM

so mario maker bundle is Walmart only?

#34603 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1303 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:00 AM

Desite what reddit/other sites say isn't it crazy to think that the only real unicorn in amiibo would be the NA/EU Villager 1st print

#34604 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:05 AM

so mario maker bundle is Walmart only?

The Wii U console bundle? Yes, the Walmart product page says it's an exclusive.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Mario Maker + Amiibo bundle, with no console? Or was that never confirmed for North America?

#34605 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Bivensra

Posted Yesterday, 05:19 AM

Disney Infinity is also doing store exclusives at TRU, Target and GS. Did Nintendo start something? Hopefully they will be easy to find. My son just based his Red Belt test in Tae Kwon Do so he deserves the rewards.
"GO YANKEES"

#34606 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1303 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:21 AM

Disney Infinity is also doing store exclusives at TRU, Target and GS. Did Nintendo start something? Hopefully they will be easy to find. My son just based his Red Belt test in Tae Kwon Do so he deserves the rewards.

Actually this is nothing new to Disney infinity (they done this before) but unlike Nintendo there timed and only last about a month with plenty of stock after that..... Congratulations to your son as well

#34607 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Bivensra

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 AM

Actually this is nothing new to Disney infinity (they done this before) but unlike Nintendo there timed and only last about a month with plenty of stock after that..... Congratulations to your son as well

Thank you ray2dee. It is really cool to have a kid that shares your interests. He is really excited to play this game. We are going to buy all of the SW characters before his football game and play after the game. I never realized Infinity had the exclusives.
"GO YANKEES"

#34608 domoniccc  

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be a Mario Maker + Amiibo bundle, with no console? Or was that never confirmed for North America?

No confirmies for north ameries... (yet?)

#34609 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1303 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:43 AM

Thank you ray2dee. It is really cool to have a kid that shares your interests. He is really excited to play this game. We are going to buy all of the SW characters before his football game and play after the game. I never realized Infinity had the exclusives.

Ya I was worried too and ask my collector friends.... I can't wait for my daughter to reach the age where we can play a Nintendo game together

#34610 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Ya I was worried too and ask my collector friends.... I can't wait for my daughter to reach the age where we can play a Nintendo game together

They inevitably get older and want to play by themselves online. Or rage quit.

#34611 EdIwin3052   Ultimate Lucky Student CAG in Training   181 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

EdIwin3052

Posted Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Oh I thought the game n amiibo bundle was theirs too. That one is still unconfirmed?

#34612 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Bivensra

Posted Yesterday, 04:44 PM

Left the house at 11:30 and was able to find all of the Disney infinity exclusives. While at GS was told they are having a Smash tournament for upcoming Amiibo release. Prize is $25 gift card and bragging rights.
"GO YANKEES"

#34613 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20097 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:55 PM

Desite what reddit/other sites say isn't it crazy to think that the only real unicorn in amiibo would be the NA/EU Villager 1st print

I really don't get why any other Amiibo is consider a unicorn outside of the 1st print Villager... since his design is notably different for the reprints. 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#34614 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1491 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted Yesterday, 05:16 PM

I really don't get why any other Amiibo is consider a unicorn outside of the 1st print Villager... since his design is notably different for the reprints.

I'm so glad I snagged him day one. The new deco looks terrible from pics I've seen online.

#34615 AutoPilotOff   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

AutoPilotOff

Posted Yesterday, 06:12 PM

I can wait till my son is enough to play games with me and we still have almost 5 months till he is born lol

#34616 d3adliner   nephilim CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:29 PM

I'm so glad I snagged him day one. The new deco looks terrible from pics I've seen online.

I feel the opposite. Despite the five-head on the reprint - I find the eyes on the 1st print to be the worse of the two evils.

D34DL1N3R.png

#34617 rbenns2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:27 PM

Try finding a Robin or Lucina (in this country), and there's also the first print Marth (with the gold, instead of silver) trim.

#34618 EdIwin3052   Ultimate Lucky Student CAG in Training   181 Posts   Joined 0.5 Years Ago  

EdIwin3052

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 PM

I hate that first print has become a thing.

#34619 walls99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Try finding a Robin or Lucina (in this country), and there's also the first print Marth (with the gold, instead of silver) trim.

I ordered 7 amiibo from the spain amazon store yesterday and I forgot to add robin and Lucina to that list. FML. Shipping itself was around €14. I dont want to order just those two now.

#34620 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   20097 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:11 AM

Didn't even know Marth's reprint was different... 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Rocket League - :D

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause:

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist