* * * - - 80 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#511 MewlingQuim   I think I look good in spandex CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

MewlingQuim

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

Went to GS earlier this evening and asked the guy if they know if they're getting Shulk. He was clueless, asked me who Shulk was so... Anyone know if any GS will be officially getting more than what is already on preorder? Wondering if I should camp out in the morning lol.

On a separate note, I asked if he's taking Preorders for the Mario Party 10 bundle and he said yes so I slapped $5 down just in case. Wonder if he preordered the right one for me...

#512 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

Yeah, funny how that works when no one in the US has had the pre-orders up yet.

Best Buy just had preorders for the Super Mario Amiibos up, and they sold out in ~45 minutes.  Maybe you missed it because you weren't online and checking while they were available, which would be my point.  Wave 4 is going to be worse, because more people who actually want the characters will be trying for them in addition to the people getting them all and scalpers.  People who wanted general Mario characters have had months to get their fix, and those are the ones still on the store shelves.

#513 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

Wave 4 does seem like it will be a blood bath. I'm already assuming Shulk will be about impossible to find in the wild, not looking forward to having to scrounge for another 6.

#514 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

Isn't wave 4 Smash or are we calling the SMB line wave 4 now?

#515 SegaSeedy  

SegaSeedy

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:57 AM

Why don't you guys just preorder at Walmart? All except Toad are available. Is it because you're waiting to use the GCU? 

#516 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

Isn't wave 4 Smash or are we calling the SMB line wave 4 now?

wave 4 is smash but it confusing some people I think cause a lot of uninformed GameStop reps been referring to the mario party amiibos as wave 4 to customers which is why at one point people were talking about wave 4 pre orders available at GameStop when in fact it was just the mario party amiibos

#517 abhinav   "Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!" CAGiversary!   3907 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

God damnit, I play Destiny for a little bit and miss all the SMB preorders at Best Buy. They'll probably go back up for sale while I'm sleeping. 

#518 RistoGriffith   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

RistoGriffith

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

Whenever they announce the next gen of Pokemon I bet they'll have a full line of Pokemon amiibos, especially since the new 3DS XL supports Amiibos.. that will be a nightmare.

#519 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

Whenever they announce the next gen of Pokemon I bet they'll have a full line of Pokemon amiibos, especially since the new 3DS XL supports Amiibos.. that will be a nightmare.

Instead of going to GS to get a code for a Pokemon you'll have to go to GS and buy the Amiibo.

#520 Ellahjay88   Justice...for the chinchillas! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Ellahjay88

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Just pre-ordered toad from walmart...free shipping and he's still up!http://mobile.walmar...dingMethod=p13n

#521 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

Just pre-ordered toad from walmart...free shipping and he's still up!http://mobile.walmar...dingMethod=p13n

Came here to post this too.  If you missed BB pre orders you can still get it pre ordered at walmart.

Yoshi

Toad

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

MP 10 Bundle (w Mario)

#522 Logain8955   Groovy Cactuar CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

Toon link in stock at gamestop. http://www.gamestop....o-figure/118956

#523 DashingOne  

DashingOne

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

Went to GS earlier this evening and asked the guy if they know if they're getting Shulk. He was clueless, asked me who Shulk was so... Anyone know if any GS will be officially getting more than what is already on preorder? Wondering if I should camp out in the morning lol.

On a separate note, I asked if he's taking Preorders for the Mario Party 10 bundle and he said yes so I slapped $5 down just in case. Wonder if he preordered the right one for me...

just in case your not joking the reserve on the receipt says Mario party amiibo bundle or something to that effect on it. It literally says amiibo.

#524 maldanius   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

maldanius

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:47 AM

Just got toad from Walmart thanks. Hopefully best buy will re list and then I'll cancel.

#525 MaraciaNiAsa  

MaraciaNiAsa

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

Ugh, missed BBY preorders. I've been stalking that site so hard. Sleep, why you betray me?

#526 chasedown   Local Lurker CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chasedown

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

yamayama, on 11 Feb 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

I'm 99% sure UPS stole my FedEx TRU package. When I went to pick up both my packages after work, only the UPS one was there. FedEx delivered first at 2:00 PM so...

If you have a Lucario coming through FedEx from TRU then make sure you monitor your package through the internet or text updates.

On a brighter note, I got one of my Lucario from the TRU eBay order.

From my experience, what FedEx does is that they send it to the city, then they drop it off at USPS and they deliver to your place. I've had many missed shipments because of this.

#527 yamayama   •• Professional Beta Tester •• CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

From my experience, what FedEx does is that they send it to the city, then they drop it off at USPS and they deliver to your place. I've had many missed shipments because of this.

With TRU.com, they sent us FedEx tracking numbers. I'm assuming FedEx delivered it as well.

#528 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

With TRU.com, they sent us FedEx tracking numbers. I'm assuming FedEx delivered it as well.

Gotta look at the method still since both UPS and FedEx have fancy names for giving it to the post office to deliver.  That's how my TRU shipment went and probably everyone else's.

#529 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

I think the method you're describing is FedEx Smartpost, which is pretty much their version of UPS Mail innovations. Slower shipping followed by transfer to post office for delivery.

#530 yamayama   •• Professional Beta Tester •• CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

Gotta look at the method still since both UPS and FedEx have fancy names for giving it to the post office to deliver.  That's how my TRU shipment went and probably everyone else's.

Was it TRU.com or TRU ebay and did you already receive yours? FedEx.com has mine marked as delivered... I got my TRU ebay package right on time but TRU.com is the one I'm missing.

Edit:
This is what FedEx.com says:

2:31 pm Delivered

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

#531 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

Was it TRU.com or TRU ebay and did you already receive yours? FedEx.com has mine marked as delivered... I got my TRU ebay package right on time but TRU.com is the one I'm missing.

TRU.com.  Double checked and it was called SmartPost, all the way at the bottom of the FedEx tracking.

#532 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

Fox at Gamestop. Getting ready for fox to be the new diddy.

But yet, I can't find him in stores
http://www.gamestop....u8j8L932VQKaRFA

#533 freshgamer  

freshgamer

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

I wonder what's going to be exclusives for the next wave... We know now, whatever is exclusive to gamestop, you better pre order that bitch or you're shit out of luck.

#534 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

I wonder what's going to be exclusives for the next wave... We know now, whatever is exclusive to gamestop, you better pre order that bitch or you're shit out of luck.

i don't think any.  They didn't mention it in the Direct and did for wave 3 and there's half as many in wave 4.

#535 BigDumbHippy   I love you CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

BigDumbHippy

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

so is shulk going to be in store today or the 13th like it says on the website?

#536 BigDumbHippy   I love you CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

BigDumbHippy

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

double post sorry

#537 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

Two questions:

1. The GS site has the DK Amiibo listed for $10, but it's sold out. Does this price apply to in-store as well?

2. Has anyone seen Rosalina in the wild since sales went live last week? Only store exclusive I'm missing 😞

#538 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   788 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

so is shulk going to be in store today or the 13th like it says on the website?

In-store today in most cases, online sales look like they'll open up on Friday, based on the way Gamestop has the Shulk page.

#539 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

Heads up on some common Amiibos; looks like we might be seeing a permanent price drop on Yoshi, DK, and Peach. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Game Stop have each of the figures for $9.99.

#540 yamayama   •• Professional Beta Tester •• CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

TRU.com.  Double checked and it was called SmartPost, all the way at the bottom of the FedEx tracking.

Not sure if you saw the edited portion of my post but this is what FedEx.com says:

2:31 pm Delivered   

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
I'm SOL right? lol...

Also just checked my TRU ebay package and that only says USPS on it, no FedEx logos or anything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amiibo, nintendo, wii u, 3ds, smash bros