* * * - - 80 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#7501 Einjin   Magician CAG in Training   173 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:43 AM

Game UK has Wave 4 preorders up

when will they hit North America?

If its game.co.uk they actually had them up for quite a while, they were the first pre-orders up that I saw

I ordered most of wave 4 from them  Ness and Lucina  on the 16th then ordered  robin on the 17th and did charizard on the 21st all in January .

#7502 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7560 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:46 AM

Why would they package them like that!? Especially with Rosalina, there seems to be enough space for both not to have to be bent. I am glad now that I only ordered Sonic. That way there is no need for them to bend it, even though my sonic should have been here on saturday and my tracking hasn't updated since last wednesday. Sigh. Sorry that happened to you and others.

Someone suggested to form some sort of alert system about when certain amiibo come up? I would second that. That way we can all get notified on our phones or pop-ups on our desktops and we go straight to the website/link. We can look for mainly wave 4 pre-orders and perhaps some rare amiibo like Villager, WFT, Marth, Pit, Little Mac, C. Falcon, Ike, King Dedede and so on lol

My sonic had no tracking info from target but it showed up today in perfect condition. It still has no tracking info. I ordered 2 king dededes and now I have a horrible feeling that they are going to be bent to shit. I guess I'll find out Wednesday supposedly and report back. I should have just bought 1.

#7503 saysomething   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

saysomething

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:55 AM

Gamestop called me to say I can pick up tomorrow Kind Dedede, Ike and Sonic ^_^

#7504 saysomething   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

saysomething

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:55 AM

Double post, sorry.

#7505 skaflone721   King under the Mountain CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

skaflone721

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

Finally done with Wave 3, I have a great gamestop so they just let me have Ike and Dedede now, even thou I ordered 1/05/15. I went a little amiibo crazy this time so I'll be posting my extras on the trade thread soon, figured I'll get a copy of the exclusives sealed just to remind me of the hunt. Anywho on to Wave 4 CAGs

Did you just randomly go to GS and ask them if you could have preorders or did you get a call saying you could go and pick it up?

#7506 luigi7mew2  

luigi7mew2

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

My sonic had no tracking info from target but it showed up today in perfect condition. It still has no tracking info. I ordered 2 king dededes and now I have a horrible feeling that they are going to be bent to shit. I guess I'll find out Wednesday supposedly and report back. I should have just bought 1.

Good if my Sonic isn't lost then it should show up without any damage. Yeah your King Dededes' might be bent :( I hope they aren't though.  Keep me posted!

#7507 Cloudx9  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

Wave 3.jpg
It's a Miracle!!! Target actually didnt mess up my two King Dedede's, this marks the end of my wave 3 hunts (well except I'm missing a Bowser for the 2nd set lol).

Target Dedede.jpg

It's been stressful and fun overall, I decided to make 2 full wave 3 sets despite not preordering anything in Wave 3 and I had no intentions of paying premium prices of any of them and managed not to. I had no idea they were suppose to be this difficult to aquire. Had I known I probably would've given up. But overall I got really lucky. Target was definitely the MVP retailer as I was able to nab Rosalina, Ike, Dedede, Sonic, and Megaman including extras for trades, was really lucky that the latter 4 all popped up when I was avalaible at the computer. Got Bowser, Sheik, and Toon Link from Best Buy with GCU. Now Lucario, Meta Knight, and Shulk was an absolute pain to get. I got my first Lucario during TRU restock last week after checking numerous times the TRU employee hates me. Traded Extra Megaman + Sonic for 2nd Lucario and $10. Got 3 Meta Knights during BestBuy.coms 10 minute window last monday. Traded the extra Meta Knight for Shulk, Traded extra Ike for the 2nd Shulk and that was it. Hope I can just preoder all Wave 4's and don't have to go through that again!!!

#7508 PS2gamerGCN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

PS2gamerGCN

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:10 AM

I received a bent to shit Dedede from Target today by itself. Received a Sonic from them last week that was in flawless condition. It is what it is, though...it only kind of sucks because I ended up with a second Dedede from another source, so this one was going to be trade bait. Oh well.

#7509 skaflone721   King under the Mountain CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

skaflone721

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:10 AM

Alright guys, I've set up a LINE Alert/Chat for everyone here. We've had great success using this on Neogaf.

Please download LINE for either Android, iOS or PC. Sign up for an account, then PM me with your username and I will give you the invite links to the rooms. There is no need to give your mobile number to LINE. Just use a throwaway Facebook account to sign up.

There are two rooms. The chat room is free for all. Talk about whatever. You can turn notifications off for this room so you don't get a beep every message.

The Alert room is ONLY for Amiibo alerts. Nothing else is allowed in this room as if you want Alerts, we will have to leave the notifications on for this one, that means we can't disturb people sleeping.

Here is a sample format of how you should post anything that comes up in Alerts.

US Lucina on Amazon
*insert direct link*

If someone misses it or needs to comment, please don't post in the Alerts. Jump over to the regular chat and discuss to your heart's content.

Also, go into Settings > Notifications and then uncheck "Group Invitations" so you don't get a notification beep every time someone joins the chat.

Limit is 100 members. Please don't get worried if I don't respond to the PMs. For some reason I don't get proper notifications. So I will be checking manually every couple of hours.

#7510 LucaBlight  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:16 AM

No, 99% of people aren't "suppose to open them up".  There is no reason that there can't be collectors who want to keep them in their packages, and want them to be in as good a condition as possible.  

See movie "40 Year Old Virgin" for more information.

#7511 Ilovecereal   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Ilovecereal

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:19 AM

See movie "40 Year Old Virgin" for more information.

he did make a lot of money off those sick figs

#7512 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1638 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

Did you just randomly go to GS and ask them if you could have preorders or did you get a call saying you could go and pick it up?

Checked the tracking and did option 1, since I figured they might have the memo policy in place if I waited for the call

#7513 luigi7mew2  

luigi7mew2

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

attachicon.gifWave 3.jpg
It's a Miracle!!! Target actually didnt mess up my two King Dedede's, this marks the end of my wave 3 hunts (well except I'm missing a Bowser for the 2nd set lol).

attachicon.gifTarget Dedede.jpg

It's been stressful and fun overall, I decided to make 2 full wave 3 sets despite not preordering anything in Wave 3 and I had no intentions of paying premium prices of any of them and managed not to. I had no idea they were suppose to be this difficult to aquire. Had I known I probably would've given up. But overall I got really lucky. Target was definitely the MVP retailer as I was able to nab Rosalina, Ike, Dedede, Sonic, and Megaman including extras for trades, was really lucky that the latter 4 all popped up when I was avalaible at the computer. Got Bowser, Sheik, and Toon Link from Best Buy with GCU. Now Lucario, Meta Knight, and Shulk was an absolute pain to get. I got my first Lucario because during TRU restock last week after checking numerous times the TRU employee hates me. Traded Extra Megaman + Sonic for 2nd Lucario and $10. Got 3 Meta Knights during BestBuy.coms 10 minute window last monday. Traded the extra Meta Knight for Shulk, Traded extra Ike for the 2nd Shulk and that was it. Hope I can just preoder all Wave 4's and don't have to go through that again!!!

Hopefully my collection will look like that! I had to import Ike and King Dedede because finding them are just too hard. I pre-ordered an Ike from Amazon which I have, I pre-ordered King Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man from GS which keep on getting pushed back. I picked up Bowser, Toon Link and Sheik, I was able to get 2 of each. I have two Rosalinas, Shulks and Lucarios. I have one Meta Knight and imported another. I have a Sonic and Mega Man in the mail now. So I am still missing quite a few haha. 

#7514 Clessasaur  

Clessasaur

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:29 AM

I ended up not getting my Ike from Gamestop today. They had them in, but only had 7 for the 15 or so preorders from before the cut off date. I was #8 :(. Did get Dedede at least.

#7515 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1248 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:33 AM

Got my Mega Man today from BB. Now I just have to hope newegg comes through and ships DDD and I'm good on wave 3 other than the exclusives.

#7516 DarkGamer11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

DarkGamer11

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

Alright guys, I've set up a LINE Alert/Chat for everyone here. We've had great success using this on Neogaf.

Please download LINE for either Android, iOS or PC. Sign up for an account, then PM me with your username and I will give you the invite links to the rooms. There is no need to give your mobile number to LINE. Just use a throwaway Facebook account to sign up.

There are two rooms. The chat room is free for all. Talk about whatever. You can turn notifications off for this room so you don't get a beep every message.

The Alert room is ONLY for Amiibo alerts. Nothing else is allowed in this room as if you want Alerts, we will have to leave the notifications on for this one, that means we can't disturb people sleeping.

Here is a sample format of how you should post anything that comes up in Alerts.

US Lucina on Amazon
*insert direct link*

If someone misses it or needs to comment, please don't post in the Alerts. Jump over to the regular chat and discuss to your heart's content.

Also, go into Settings > Notifications and then uncheck "Group Invitations" so you don't get a notification beep every time someone joins the chat.

Limit is 100 members. Please don't get worried if I don't respond to the PMs. For some reason I don't get proper notifications. So I will be checking manually every couple of hours.

PM Sent!

#7517 Prison Mike   Don't Drop The Soap CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Prison Mike

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

My GS didn't even care about the cut off date. They did first come first serve for those that preordered. No phone call or anything mentioning stock came in.

#7518 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Banned   1787 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:39 AM

My GS didn't even care about the cut off date. They did first come first serve for those that preordered. No phone call or anything mentioning stock came in.

So you gotta camp out even if you preordered? lol

#7519 MewlingQuim   I think I look good in spandex CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

MewlingQuim

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:40 AM

So my friend that works at Best Buy told me tomorrow they'll be getting Ike's. I'll try to be up there, that is, if the streets are clear. And Gamestop is getting them supposedly on Wednesday? Ugh.

#7520 Sniper33   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

I wish the BB site worked on showing if stock was avialble or not.  I checked there to see if I could find a Mega Man or Knight and it doens't give the option.  Before it did, but now its not an aviable option.  Also keep checking Target and Gamestops website, but so far nothing....well a Mega Man at a GS about 80 miles away. 

#7521 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22543 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:57 AM

So my friend that works at Best Buy told me tomorrow they'll be getting Ike's. I'll try to be up there, that is, if the streets are clear. And Gamestop is getting them supposedly on Wednesday? Ugh.

I got a call from my GS about Ike and Mega Man ready for pick up today, but not Sonic. I think they're just coming in slowly...

Just hope they actually hold them until the weekend for me. 

#7522 WinterAvenger   The Egocentric Cheapo Banned   1787 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

WinterAvenger

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:06 AM

I got a call from my GS about Ike and Mega Man ready for pick up today, but not Sonic. I think they're just coming in slowly...

Just hope they actually hold them until the weekend for me. 

48 hours I think

#7523 guerox4   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:08 AM

if anyones looking for sonic and mega man i have them coming from amazon.uk. i found them both at walmart and my impatience got the better of me. if anyones interested you can have them for what i paid and shipping

#7524 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

So uh, I just almost got robbed at gunpoint over amiibos.  I took a video of it, but id rather not post it lmao

#7525 Unholy_Headbanger   CAG Best Buy Employee CAGiversary!   1763 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Unholy_Headbanger

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:12 AM

So uh, I just almost got robbed at gunpoint over amiibos. I took a video of it, but id rather not post it lmao

Post!

#7526 TnAdct1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

Forgot to mention this earlier, but my Ike Amiibo arrived at Gamestop today, with me picking it up. Also, I ordered the Sonic Amiibo from Amazon.it, with it currently shipped to America.

All that concerns me now is making sure that I order Lucina, Robin, and Pac-Man in terms of the Wave 4 Amiibos.

#7527 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:18 AM

Post!

I second this

#7528 Sniper33   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:20 AM

Forgot to mention. Got my Dedede order from Target today from Target.  One had a crease across the card, but the other 2 Dedede's were just fine. 

#7529 SegaSeedy  

SegaSeedy

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:20 AM

So uh, I just almost got robbed at gunpoint over amiibos.  I took a video of it, but id rather not post it lmao

Woah. That's insane. Glad you're okay. How many amiibos we talking about here?

#7530 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1315 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

Anyone still looking for megaman and plans on opening it? I got a couple where the packaging isn't perfect (crease on one, scuff mark on the other). Would sell it at cost + shipping.

Just posted this in the trade thread and don't want to derail this thread, but I figure I might as well ask here to save someone trouble.

On topic, best buy finally packaged an amiibo improperly for me. Guess it was bound to happen.