* * * - - 80 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#11281 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24846 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

This actually makes me worried that they will change the program.  $30 for 2 years for 20% off all new games (plus all their other perks) seems unsustainable.

Yeah, that's a good point. It's a very generous program for $30... wondering if they might stop letting it stack with sales/other promos. 

Dunno if anyone is interested but last I checked Arkham knight CE was still in stock haha

It's been in stock forever... the one people want is the Batmobile Edition, which they don't carry. 

Best Buy just reported their earnings yesterday, and they beat forecasts.  To people saying it's so unstable, it's hot right now.

I don't believe they break down their sales categorically, do they? There's no way of telling if it's form games or not. I can't imagine they're making that much money on games, if they're selling them for 20% off. 

#11282 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat308100050002

You get a $10 reward cert for pre-ordering a select game and you get the 20% discount on the game as well.  For a $60 game it comes out to $37.99 (net) before taxes.  Usually those games trade in for $44 so BB will give you $3-4 to rent a brand new game for a week.

LINK to CAG post about it.

Ha thanks angel. So it's only on certain games that they offer the $10 reward? They must have to advertise that on your account or (hopefully) in their weekly ad. Sounds pretty awesome, and I have GCU so for those saying the program is unstable, they're definitely attracting a LOT more business with it. I'm pretty much exlcusively PC until I break down and find a good deal on the eventual redesigned PS4, but for Nintendo I make an exception with the 3DS and Wii U =P Still worth it for the stark few physical games I purchase in a year. And of course, Amiibo!!

#11283 gnoh  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, that's a good point. It's a very generous program for $30... wondering if they might stop letting it stack with sales/other promos. 

It's been in stock forever... the one people want is the Batmobile Edition, which they don't carry. 

I don't believe they break down their sales categorically, do they? There's no way of telling if it's form games or not. I can't imagine they're making that much money on games, if they're selling them for 20% off. 

It may be sustainable, we have no idea what video game margins are but this guarantees that GCU members will always purchase from BB when given the option. Secondly you're forgetting about the 10% trade in bonus. That means that more often than not they're going to trade in used at best buy, the used game market is much more lucrative than anything else and I think that's BB's ultimate purpose for doing GCU

#11284 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2775 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Should I do this or not?? Average ends up being $18 per if I get the only bid in which for the Rosalina, Shulk, and Pit alone may make up the difference. Opinions?

http://m.ebay.com/it...4668?nav=SEARCH

#11285 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Pretty sure not that many people were stupid enough to buy it at $120.  BB did the $30 GCU sales a couple times to gauge if that's when people will purchase or not.  Sure enough, a lot bought into it for them to change the MSRP.

#11286 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

Should I do this or not?? Average ends up being $18 per if I get the only bid in which for the Rosalina, Shulk, and Pit alone may make up the difference. Opinions?

It's got some nice finds in it.

#11287 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

thats not a bad lot, for $18 per its worth it, will save you the headache of tracking them down individually 

#11288 Morilak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

No all of the commons can be had for ~$10 from Best buy with GCU. Which would put it $80 for 8 of them, 3 of those are down to $9.99 retail so with GCU its about $8.40. Pit/Rosa and Shulk are all $30-35 depending on auction. so you are under $200 total still. And fox has popped up a few times in last couple of months at retail.

#11289 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

No all of the commons can be had for ~$10 from Best buy with GCU. Which would put it $80 for 8 of them, 3 of those are down to $9.99 retail so with GCU its about $8.40. Pit/Rosa and Shulk are all $30-35 depending on auction. so you are under $200 total still. And fox has popped up a few times in last couple of months at retail.

donkey kong and yoshi are sold out, also Fox is hard to find now which is included in that lot

#11290 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

Secondly you're forgetting about the 10% trade in bonus. That means that more often than not they're going to trade in used at best buy, the used game market is much more lucrative than anything else and I think that's BB's ultimate purpose for doing GCU

The used game market is quickly starting to become irrelevant with new releases trending towards digital. Eventually 360/ps3 games will melt away as Gamecube and ps2 slowly did. They'll have to find another bullet point to tack onto the card I'd say.

#11291 Morilak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

donkey kong and yoshi are sold out, also Fox is hard to find now which is included in that lot

Ive seen both at 4 different best buys around me the past 3 days. And even with out GCU every target in my area has them available still.

#11292 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2775 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:54 PM

Yeah I haven't seen a DK or Yoshi. I'm wanting to try to get all of them but I'm a little late to the show

#11293 Explicit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1597 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

Based on a few comments coming from Best Buy associates, new shipments of the Little Mac and Captain Falcon amiibo could be on the way. Both figures are listed as “In Transit” in Best Buy’s inventory system. A list of stores that are apparently confirmed to be receiving the amiibo can be found 

here.
Best Buy locations may be receiving stock as early as this week or next week. Keep your eyes peeled!

SOURCE: http://nintendoevery...on-amiibo-soon/

Who knows Qh2Vxfi.gif

#11294 Morilak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

Yeah I haven't seen a DK or Yoshi. I'm wanting to try to get all of them but I'm a little late to the show

If you want me to stop by my best buy or target tonight/tomorrow I can pick them up at cost for you. Prob be $26ish after shipping if I need to go to target. Less if best buy still has them.

#11295 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4975 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

SOURCE: http://nintendoevery...on-amiibo-soon/

Who knows...

the real source is a BB employee on reddit... no idea why people (not attacking you) always credit these "gaming news" sites for stuff when all they do is copypaste.

but yeah supposedly ~15% of Best Buys will be getting Little Mac and/or Capt. Falcon in soon (either 4 or 8 per shipment)

#11296 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

Lol yeah, I feel sorry for anyone who actually paid $120 for it.

I paid $120 for it the month it launched and I definitely don't feel slighted. I got way more than that back over the last two years or so.

#11297 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1612 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:16 PM

Looks like some Lil Mac are showing up @BB's now.  If anyone finds an extra and you are one of those "amiibo openers" let me know, I'll ship you mine and pay for shipping of yours to me since BB originally bent mine (or was it TRU) and its the only amiibo I've got that the box is bent. :(

B_RAgTCW4AAy_fo.jpg

#11298 adcustom  

adcustom

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

Where'd that photo come from?

#11299 gnoh  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

The used game market is quickly starting to become irrelevant with new releases trending towards digital. Eventually 360/ps3 games will melt away as Gamecube and ps2 slowly did. They'll have to find another bullet point to tack onto the card I'd say.

Its still very big and it's gonna take more than 2 years to kill it, especially considering your average game download if 30+gb.

#11300 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

I'm pretty sure I posted that BB is getting more of these things in. I saw 3 toon links and sheik on the shelf a couple days ago. They had shelf labels made too.

#11301 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Where'd that photo come from?

reddit

#11302 uiengineer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

uiengineer

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

It was an employee at a Florida store. It looks like he deleted the post on reddit

#11303 lordopus99   Training for the silver CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

lordopus99

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

I'm pretty sure I posted that BB is getting more of these things in. I saw 3 toon links and sheik on the shelf a couple days ago. They had shelf labels made too.

My Target still has shelf labels for Wii Fit Trainer.  Do you really ever think they will get that back... yeah I don't. 

#11304 Karmos  

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

Well now I need to know. I'm going to BB at lunch, surely only to be disappointed by the lack of essentially any amiibo there.

#11305 CocoCrisps  

CocoCrisps

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

http://myamiibonews....-week/#more-342

I need Little Mac really bad. But not paying ebay prices.

#11306 akokonas   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

akokonas

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

I paid 50 for Pit alone.

#11307 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

My Target still has shelf labels for Wii Fit Trainer.  Do you really ever think they will get that back... yeah I don't. 

They are NEW shelf labels. I was there two days before they put them up.

You can also preorder toad on the Kiosks at BB. (Well you can print out a preorder slip, I didn't try checking out though).

#11308 InitialFS   Adios Amiibros CAG Veteran   79 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

InitialFS

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

So looking at that list no love for the West Coast maybe given the recently ended port strike?  Hopefully once things recover we will get our share of shipments as well.

#11309 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

So looking at that list no love for the West Coast maybe given the recently ended port strike?  Hopefully once things recover we will get our share of shipments as well.

Bigger list

http://www.reddit.co...estock_details/

#11310 EdIwin3052   Ultimate Lucky Student CAGiversary!   227 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

EdIwin3052

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

Checking brickseek for Ike at walmart around february 20, only one store was listed and then steadily in the next 4-5 days more stores started to get listed.  

Then starting yesterday they stopped showing stores, it went from three to two yesterday and now today only one store is listed.  Since it was even searchable on brickseek it never even went in stock, and now it is disappearing.  

Also when calling multiple walmarts and giving them the UPC a few say it is sold out and they dont have any coming, which is odd since they never got any at all.  At this point i feel it may be safe to assume that walmart many not even receive him in stores, or they are doing something odd with his stock.

Just felt like impartng my research, my results are for Central CA

Also want to ask if any one knows if Ike was ever listed on walmarts site for sale(I dont recal if he was)?