* * * - - 80 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#20731 marfon  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

You can always pre order. Then cancel if you get the NA version. Or hold onto your foreign model until you /hopefully get the NA version then sell the foreign.

You are completely right, although knowing me, I'd probably never sell :P

#20732 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

You are completely right, although knowing me, I'd probably never sell :P

Yeah but then it sounds like you'd have to start collecting a series for the foreign ones too!

#20733 marfon  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

That'd be awesome but I'm definitely not going to go through the same hell twice or thrice :P

#20734 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

Was just wondering, but did NWS end up having some Shulk amiibo set aside for today's Xenoblade launch? You think that would've been a neat thing to do for people who were picking up the game, at least your chances for them to go to people who are actually going to use them is higher, right? Also, did anyone happen to pick up an extra "launch poster" that they wouldn't mind sending my way for a few bucks?? :D

#20735 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

gamespot called me and let me order lucina/robin/wario.  SWEEEEET

#20736 CocoCrisps  

CocoCrisps

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:23 PM

Was just wondering, but did NWS end up having some Shulk amiibo set aside for today's Xenoblade launch? You think that would've been a neat thing to do for people who were picking up the game, at least your chances for them to go to people who are actually going to use them is higher, right? Also, did anyone happen to pick up an extra "launch poster" that they wouldn't mind sending my way for a few bucks?? :D

You have to buy the game to get the poster.

#20737 PokemonRexRay   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

PokemonRexRay

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

i just want a jigglypuff amibo an idiot couple preorder 4 i went postal on them they felt bad and are giving me one they ordered another 6 i wanted to beat them but im a getting a free jigglypuff i told them i would try to get a greninja for them on the 27th,

#20738 adcustom  

adcustom

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

i just want a jigglypuff amibo an idiot couple preorder 4 i went postal on them they felt bad and are giving me one they ordered another 6 i wanted to beat them but im a getting a free jigglypuff i told them i would try to get a greninja for them on the 27th,

whut

#20739 TaylorM06   #CAG4EVAR CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TaylorM06

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

whut

Lol. Seriously.

#20740 PokemonRexRay   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

PokemonRexRay

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:28 PM

i just want a jigglypuff amibo an idiot couple preorder 4 i went postal on them they felt bad and are giving me one they ordered another 6 i wanted to beat them but im a getting a free jigglypuff i told them i would try to get a greninja for them on the 27th, in a trade even if i dont its valid

#20741 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2172 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

i just want a jigglypuff amibo an idiot couple preorder 4 i went postal on them they felt bad and are giving me one they ordered another 6 i wanted to beat them but im a getting a free jigglypuff i told them i would try to get a greninja for them on the 27th, in a trade even if i dont its valid

We do not understand either of your posts.

#20742 Logain8955   Groovy Cactuar CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

hZUoIs5.jpg

#20743 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

gamespot called me and let me order lucina/robin/wario. SWEEEEET

When did you fill out your survey? Also did you have to go instore or did they make you order over the phone?

#20744 adcustom  

adcustom

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Little Mac is $18.99 at http://www.macmall.com/! GO GO GO!

Just ordered him and Pit.

#20745 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

Little Mac is $18.99 at http://www.macmall.com/! GO GO GO!

Just ordered him and Pit.

both oos

#20746 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

You have to buy the game to get the poster.

Yeah, but maybe someone got an extra poster, or wanted the game (and didn't pay less than MSRP - SHAME!!) but didn't want the poster.  Just figured I'd ask since I collect these posters.

#20747 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8616 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

Who are all of these people that just have to have these Gamecube adapters I always wonder?  As if there's millions of US die hard SSB fans from the Gamecube era or something.  Also, my Best Buy had six Majora's Mask 3DS sitting out last night.  Funny how no one cares about these things when they are suddenly available and flipper prices come down.

#20748 irighti   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   275 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

I guess I am lucky I do not care about the packaging. I would prefer all us but japanese packaging is ok with me. I should be able to snag a kirby and hopefully the other non-exclusive figures. greninja and ness however...I will be using my local comic/toy shop. the family that runs it has family back in japan who sends the figures. the mark up is usually just 10 dollars. so I feel a little better, but man I would like to be able to preorder everything in one transaction and move on.

as I explain the amazon story yesterday, my wife and daughter both had the same reaction. "it will be ok, these are just pieces of plastic". still though I want that plastic.

I noticed yesterday splatoon girl showed as preorder on best buy for a couple of minutes but it would give me an error each time I tried to add to cart.

#20749 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   2230 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

Oh that is confusing.. I ordered thinking I got one, but now I look and it says call for availability. So apparently you can just order even if it isn't in stock. Bleh.

#20750 Mario Speedwagon  

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:49 PM

both oos

I just placed an order for Little Mac.

#20751 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:49 PM

Who are all of these people that just have to have these Gamecube adapters I always wonder?  As if there's millions of US die hard SSB fans from the Gamecube era or something.  Also, my Best Buy had six Majora's Mask 3DS sitting out last night.  Funny how no one cares about these things when they are suddenly available and flipper prices come down.

I didn't notice that the prices had dropped so much.  I'm pretty sure this guy didn't make any money depending on his tax rate.

#20752 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:53 PM

both oos

Same here

#20753 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

Oh that is confusing.. I ordered thinking I got one, but now I look and it says call for availability. So apparently you can just order even if it isn't in stock. Bleh.

exactly this is just like B&H Photo Incident remember that?

Same here

did you look at the details you can place a order but the item is not available it says. If you were here couple months ago B&H Did the same thing and had everyone money on hold for the longest time before everyone had to call and cancel. Alot these smaller retailers dont know when these kind of things are discontinued. 

#20754 Boneheadimus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Boneheadimus

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

I bought five.

#20755 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

I didn't notice that the prices had dropped so much.  I'm pretty sure this guy didn't make any money depending on his tax rate.

I love it! Good for the the bidder. :)

#20756 Boneheadimus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Boneheadimus

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

I bought five.

#20757 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

So now you have 10? 

#20758 Boneheadimus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Boneheadimus

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

So now you have 10? 

Nah, just a crappy forum software that doesn't show completed posts properly.  I wish, though.

#20759 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8616 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:05 PM

exactly this is just like B&H Photo Incident remember that?

did you look at the details you can place a order but the item is not available it says. If you were here couple months ago B&H Did the same thing and had everyone money on hold for the longest time before everyone had to call and cancel. Alot these smaller retailers dont know when these kind of things are discontinued. 

Precisely.  I learned a long time ago that you don't order rare amiibos from these small time retailers that have no idea what they are doing.  They never come through and you're going to be disappointed and possibly inconvenienced with charges.  I'd recommend anyone else to not buy from them.

I even had one of my infrequently used credit cards compromised two months ago for the first time in over a decade and I'm pretty sure it was the one obscure amiibo site.

#20760 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4405 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

I can't believe how cheap Majora's Mask N3DS is.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amiibo, nintendo, wii u, 3ds, smash bros