* * * - - 56 votes

amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

amiibo nintendo wii u 3ds smash bros

#24301 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4492 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:27 PM

Best buy in store doing some amiibos like silver Mario for 5 bucks. I saw splatoon singles and Dario but only got silver Mario from them.

So did Best Buy in store actually do preorders?

I have no idea. I would assume they close also but NWS gets gigantic lines for these. Gigantic even compared to other crap here in NY. 

I wouldn't mind making the trek at midnight or around that but I'm going to go there and wait for 5 to 6 hours before midnight. 

Good luck!  I might be going with a friend as well.

Can pickup official Nintendo merch (clothing, import stuff, PLUSHIES, etc) from Nintendo World Store in NYC with shopping bag.  PM inquiries!

Interested art/craft supplies (low to high end)?  PM me if interested!

#24302 Karmos  

Posted Yesterday, 03:34 PM

I can't wait to see the NW line pictures next week. Sometimes I'm jealous that I'm not near there but then I realize I really don't want to wait in line for 6 hours and still be super far back from the store.

Play list

Spoiler

Current Amiibo Trade List

#24303 skeeter149  

skeeter149

Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

So did Best Buy in store actually do preorders?

Good luck! I might be going with a friend as well.

Nope she said the computer blocked it

#24304 malagu  

Posted Yesterday, 04:32 PM

vYHcHjL.png

#24305 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted Yesterday, 04:44 PM

Line will form WAY before that across the street, I'm thinking possibly late Wednesday. If someone who didn't preorder and doesn't want to hunt down all the exclusives at individual stores, this could be very appealing.

#24306 adcustom  

adcustom

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 PM

That is absolutely perplexing. Lining up an hour or two early in front of any other store (Target, Best Buy, etc) will suffice to get these new amiibo.

#24307 CaptainJoel   Where there's Smoke, there's Fire CAGiversary!   13993 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

That is absolutely perplexing. Lining up an hour or two early in front of any other store (Target, Best Buy, etc) will suffice to get these new amiibo.

Not necessarily true. For the last wave the only people to get them in my area on release were the 6 people that camp out in their van the night before launch. For the Ike/Mega Man/ DDD release I went to TRU 2 hours early and was only 8th in line and ended up empty handed. I'm thinking about not even wasting my time next week.

#24308 Stickboy46   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Stickboy46

Posted Yesterday, 05:46 PM

Not necessarily true. For the last wave the only people to get them in my area on release were the 6 people that camp out in their van the night before launch. For the Ike/Mega Man/ DDD release I went to TRU 2 hours early and was only 8th in line and ended up empty handed. I'm thinking about not even wasting my time next week.

Camping out... For a little plastic toy... This just blows my mind.

#24309 Karmos  

Posted Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Camping out... For a little plastic toy... This just blows my mind.

I hate to admit but I am completely addicted to these god damn things. However, I will never camp out overnight to save $15 or so when I could just buy it internationally, from a scalper or order online from a major retailer if I am lucky enough. I know this debate has gone on 100 times and this is the first and last time I will contribute to it.

Play list

Spoiler

Current Amiibo Trade List

#24310 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8497 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Question for those who have TRU Greninja preordered online. Does yours say "On hold till 4/3/15" or something like that?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24311 kryenik  

Posted Yesterday, 06:06 PM

What AmiiboNews posted on Twitter about Gamestop stock for this wave is pretty disheartening.  Many Ness dreams will be crushed.

https://pbs.twimg.co...hW3UIAALory.jpg

#24312 Ferrari Racer   Amiibo Wars: Wave 4 CAGiversary!   3360 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted Yesterday, 06:32 PM

It'll be like this again if they have the exclusives XD

Q2B34X0.jpg?1

What AmiiboNews posted on Twitter about Gamestop stock for this wave is pretty disheartening.  Many Ness dreams will be crushed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFnihW3UIAALory.jpg

I wonder how many employees are gonna attempt to take them. Hopefully people who want Ness and other amiibo will threaten to call district managers if that does happen.

i7Twy8k.jpg

#24313 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

What will they do to those who arrive before 8AM on 5/28?

#24314 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:49 PM

What will they do to those who arrive before 8AM on 5/28?

Tear gas and riot gear, clear out the squatters

Trade list!http://goo.gl/1QPUqk

#24315 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13297 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Bayonetta 2
Wii U

Posted Yesterday, 07:04 PM

Question for those who have TRU Greninja preordered online. Does yours say "On hold till 4/3/15" or something like that?

Yes.  Mine says:

"Item(s) on hold until release date: 04 / 03 / 15"

4/3/15 was the date I placed my order.  I wouldn't worry about it until next week (at release).

#24316 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   485 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:07 PM

It'll be like this again if they have the exclusives XD

Q2B34X0.jpg?1

I wonder how many employees are gonna attempt to take them. Hopefully people who want Ness and other amiibo will threaten to call district managers if that does happen.

Says right in that picture that amount will vary for other stores so it is possible that some store will receive none.

#24317 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19798 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:20 AM

Wow... I got my hopes up that maybe Ness wouldn't be that rare after seeing those Greninja numbers, but guess I'm SoL. 

At least I now know to just give up. I'm not even going to bother calling/asking about it because I know I'll the get "you shoulda pre-ordered in the two whole hours it was available in store for pre-order, in the middle of a random day!! I mean, it's not like you had a job, right?! HUR DURR!!!!". 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause: 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#24318 sirpikaz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:25 AM

Evwrytime you flip an Amiibo CAG goes down for 5 minutes.

#24319 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Bloodborne
PS4

Posted Today, 03:26 AM

Hmm with all these stock numbers, looks like Silver Mario is gonna be the one thats found everywhere

793315.png     76561198006310375.png

#24320 deadlykittenpaws  

deadlykittenpaws

Posted Today, 03:28 AM

Hmm with all these stock numbers, looks like Silver Mario is gonna be the one thats found everywhere

Doubtful, he is the only one no one has pre ordered