I've been thinking about buying an iPhone 6 from a major carrier in April and at the moment I'm trying to soak in any deals or protips before I make the jump. I've currently been on Virgin Mobile (basically prepaid for Sprint) for around five years since I was constantly on a budget. Now I've been thinking about moving to a contract plan so that I have a better choice of phones in the future.
1. I live/work in Western Maryland and the plan is just for myself
2. I've been looking at Sprint and Verizon.
3. I'm willing to buy an unlocked phone/pay off the phone from the start.
4. I want at least 2 GB of data of month.
5. For the phone's warranty, I'm probably going with Squaretrade since I have no Apple store nearby.
Verizon from my research seems to have the best service but in turn is more expensive. Sprint (from my experience) has always been okay but in some areas, but the service just takes a nosedive in some areas. I've never been on a phone plan with a "big" carrier before so I'm not sure of all of the positives and negatives that will go with it yet. I'm in my mid-20's and a lot of my friends are still on their parent's plans and all the other's are on prepaid soooo... IRL advice is sadly not an option, lol.
Oh, and if someone wants to convince me to go on something like AT&T or T-Mobile, go for it.