Kid Icarus Uprising 3DS, worth full retail?

Blumpkin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I just found a store that still has a new copy of Kid Icarus Uprising on the shelf for $39.99.

I'm on the fence about buying it. On one hand I'll probably never play it, but on the other hand the collector in me knows that running into another one in the wild will be unlikely.

Any input fellow CAG's?

I'd get it on Club Nintendo if you have the coins.
I do not. I don't have a Wii U so my coin bank is pretty miniscule. Plus I'm one of those guys that would prefer a physical copy over digital any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you in that I would rather have a hands on copy over a download any day of the week.

If you don't want it I'll pay retail + shipping for it.

I'd bite on it, I don't plan on playing it but it could come in handy down the road ie as a trading chip etc.

Just got it with a birthday coupon at Gamestop. There's so much to this game in terms of content, and is stretched out even further with a achievement-like 'Treasure Hunt' system. Some may not like the controls (I'm fine with them), but I still think it's the best game on 3DS.

Yes, totally worth it.

Finding a complete non-GS copy is kinda rare at $40.

If your a 3DS guy this is a must own title for your collection.

And if it comes with the stand all the better.

New ones go for $65-70 on ebay since it's out of print.  They will not be lowering the price.  I saw some at Target a couple months ago and bought one.  Didn't hesitate to buy one to put on my shelf for MSRP.

If you ever want to play the game you can find one used for cheaper and get the stand from here.

I would definitely say yes, it's worth it. I paid $35 for mine recently at GS. And, even though it was complete, it was used and didn't come with the stand.

It's worth the asking price.  There is a lot of customization and replayability in this game.  Street passing at events, like PAX made it very interesting at launch time since you could pick up other weapons from others to craft weapons.

I considered buying a copy, local Walmart has a few. Instead I got a code to get it from the eShop.

I don't generally get rid of portable games, so I don't care if it's physical or digital.

Buy it. It's pretty hard to find a physical version right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back