Best Buy returns question

kme06d

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I pre-ordered a red new 3ds xl from Best Buy for Monday delivery. I'm still going to try to get one at Best Buy on Friday (release day) . If I do, I'll obviously open it and do the system transfer and such.

Can I return the pre-order system when it comes on Monday with the store receipt from Friday's purchase? Or do they check serial numbers?

I used rz certs and giftcards on the pre-order, so I don't want to return the cheaper system.

[quote name="angel98" post="12488131" timestamp="1423668868"]Yes. You can return your online system with an in store receipt.[/quote]
Thanks! Even though it's not the same system on the receipt?

I just don't want to get screwed over and end up paying full price for a system and get over $100 back in giftcards and rz certs that I had intended to use for the system purchase.

Thanks everyone! That's what I was wondering and thought was the case. I would be trying to return the pre-order item with the receipt from the Friday purchase.

I understand why they do this (to prevent fraud by returning another stores system) , but if both systems are purchased from the same store, it's frustrating that this isn't possible since they can track the purchases.

I guess I'll have to wait till Monday for the new system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="thelonepig" post="12488361" timestamp="1423673457"]Why can't you return the preorder system on Monday with the packing slip?[/quote]
I used over $100 in giftcards and rz certs to buy the pre-order. If I return that one, I'll get all that back after I already bought a new system at full price out of pocket.

I intended to use those for the system purchase, so getting all that back for a future purchase and paying full price out of pocket for the system on Friday defeats the purpose.

[quote name="Methoes" post="12488370" timestamp="1423673590"]Why don't you just cancel the order so it won't even get ship to you?[/quote]
After listening to people talk in the new 3ds thread, even the regular edition new 3ds will be limited on release.

I won't be able to get to Best Buy until after 5pm on release day, so I'm worried about getting one at all. I'd rather get one as close to release day as possible than have a wait a few weeks for a new shipment.

I'm going to see if I can change the shipping speed or change to in store pickup before it ships, but that may not happen.

bread's done
Back