$150 Super Slim Blue 250GB PS3 at Kmart

stringycupps1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I was in the market for a good blu-ray player, and I've been watching the PS3s because I also have a bunch of digital games from PS Plus (I had a 40GB PS3 since 2007 but had to sell it because it didn't fit anymore once I bought my PS4).

I went to my Kmart today just to see what they had.  I noticed 2 of 250 GB blue PS3s and 2 12 GB PS3s.  I asked the guy to ring up both systems.  The blue 250GB was $150 and the 12 GB one was $200.  The guy was so shocked he said he might buy the other one once his shift was up.  I had $5 in surprise points and a coupon for $10 back in rewards when you purchase $100 worth of stuff.  Not a bad deal overall.

Because it's Kmart this didn't shock me, but the guy in the electronics department said "I suppose we're trying to clear out the PS3s because the PS4s come out this year."  I guess he's 2 years behind...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the market for a good blu-ray player, and I've been watching the PS3s because I also have a bunch of digital games from PS Plus (I had a 40GB PS3 since 2007 but had to sell it because it didn't fit anymore once I bought my PS4).

I went to my Kmart today just to see what they had. I noticed 2 of 250 GB blue PS3s and 2 12 GB PS3s. I asked the guy to ring up both systems. The blue 250GB was $150 and the 12 GB one was $200. The guy was so shocked he said he might buy the other one once his shift was up. I had $5 in surprise points and a coupon for $10 back in rewards when you purchase $100 worth of stuff. Not a bad deal overall.

Because it's Kmart this didn't shock me, but the guy in the electronics department said "I suppose we're trying to clear out the PS3s because the PS4s come out this year." I guess he's 2 years behind...
Should have went all in and brought to him a PS4 and say it's a SUPER super PS3 Slim

The $75 deal still might be good on cowboom and and a 500gb harddrive is like $50. Comes out cheaper for more hd space
Never saw a $75 deal on a PS3 there. The cheapest one they have are pre-owned slim (not super slim like the one I got from Kmart) 160GB for $100. Cheapest super slim is $119 for the 250GB. From what I hear, Cowboom items are typically floor items from Best Buy, so they have scratches and/or dents and markings on them. I'd rather get a brand new one free from scratches and dents for that kind've money.

Never saw a $75 deal on a PS3 there. The cheapest one they have are pre-owned slim (not super slim like the one I got from Kmart) 160GB for $100. Cheapest super slim is $119 for the 250GB. From what I hear, Cowboom items are typically floor items from Best Buy, so they have scratches and/or dents and markings on them. I'd rather get a brand new one free from scratches and dents for that kind've money.
I think they were $70 + $5 shipping with an item-specific coupon code. I agree with preferring new to used if the price is fairly close. I would say that slim is better than super slim, though.

I think they were $70 + $5 shipping with an item-specific coupon code. I agree with preferring new to used if the price is fairly close. I would say that slim is better than super slim, though.
I guess to each his/her own. First, I really like the blue color of this one, and I like the way it looks with my white 360 and PS4. Second, I had to get rid of my fatty 40GB because of space limitations in my TV area. I needed a system that would fit vertically in a sliver of space next to my 360. Even the Slim would not fit because, while height-wise it fit, it was too wide and a bit of it would hang over the edge. Only the super slim fits in there perfectly.

I will say the tray loader for the fatties and slims are better than that of the super slim.

It was $70 free shipping + tax for me. I do have a spare 500gb harddrive though becasue I just upgraded my ps4 harddrive the other day. I sold my ps3 back when I bought my xbox one and actually bought this one for less than i sold the old one for. Works out pretty good for me. Don't particularly care about scratches etc because it's gonna be my blu ray player/pinball in bed machine. On a side note it being only 802.11g isn't gonna mess up all my n stuff is it?

I went to my Kmart today just to see what they had. I noticed 2 of 250 GB blue PS3s and 2 12 GB PS3s. I asked the guy to ring up both systems. The blue 250GB was $150 and the 12 GB one was $200. The guy was so shocked he said he might buy the other one once his shift was up. I had $5 in surprise points and a coupon for $10 back in rewards when you purchase $100 worth of stuff. Not a bad deal overall.

Because it's Kmart this didn't shock me, but the guy in the electronics department said "I suppose we're trying to clear out the PS3s because the PS4s come out this year." I guess he's 2 years behind...
Kmart is getting rid of their games section. I created a thread about it. Here - https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/342080-kmart-officially-phasing-out-games-section-20-off-games-accessories-clearance-deals-inside-post-your-finds-here/

I'm been looking for a PS3 for some time. 

Has anyone else been able to get one at Kmart, or just OP? 

I don't think I'll ever bother.  With Kmart clearing out their videogames, my closest store is probably already completely wiped out...

bread's done
Back