* * * * - 6 votes

Official Skylanders Thread

#1 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:10 PM

I don't see a Skylanders thread, so I figured I'd start one. Post your deals and discussions on all things Skylanders here.

#2 MushaOne  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Use the search and you will find not only an official skylanders thread, but also a thread about this deal.

#3 equistina  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

I thought there was one already?

#4 SSG Monty  

SSG Monty

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

Use the search and you will find not only an official skylanders thread, but also a thread about this deal.

Dunno, I did a search & the only "Official Skylanders" thread that came up hasn't been updated since 2012.  

Yes, there are multiple threads on specific deals, but nothing aggregating them.  Let me know if I'm completely missing it, otherwise if the OP wants to keep this thread rocking, then I'm on board.

#5 nightmare452   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2479 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

nightmare452

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

The only current Skylanders deal I am interested in is for the Skylanders Trap Team: Sunscraper Spire Light Element Expansion Pack. But it seems to be much rarer/impossible to get at MSRP now since its sold out, and there are no news on if it will ever be restocked.  Not gonna pay more than what I paid for the game itself, but I need a light Skylander.

Last week Best Buy had a glitch for buy one skylander, get 50% off the second skylander, but the most expensive skylander came up as the 50% off one, so I got a Trapmaster and a preorder for Blackout for $17.49.  This B2G1 doesn't seems as good as that one from BB last week. Just FYI.

Now playing: Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS), Overwatch (PC)

#6 TheGeonaut  

TheGeonaut

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

Skylanders of the money element are strong in this topic.

#7 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

Target exclusive Nitro Headrush comes out tomorrow...
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#8 spookyhurst   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

spookyhurst

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

The only current Skylanders deal I am interested in is for the Skylanders Trap Team: Sunscraper Spire Light Element Expansion Pack. But it seems to be much rarer/impossible to get at MSRP now since its sold out, and there are no news on if it will ever be restocked.  Not gonna pay more than what I paid for the game itself, but I need a light Skylander.

Last week Best Buy had a glitch for buy one skylander, get 50% off the second skylander, but the most expensive skylander came up as the 50% off one, so I got a Trapmaster and a preorder for Blackout for $17.49.  This B2G1 doesn't seems as good as that one from BB last week. Just FYI.

I saw several of the light and dark packs when I was at Target a couple weeks ago. I was holding out to get them at Best Buy with GCU, but maybe I should have bought them.

#9 nightmare452   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2479 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

nightmare452

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

I saw several of the light and dark packs when I was at Target a couple weeks ago. I was holding out to get them at Best Buy with GCU, but maybe I should have bought them.

I would drive over an hour for one at MSRP. I haven't checked local stores much, but I cannot find it anywhere. Don't know how rare it is, but I think it's actually quite hard to come by. Get one if you are interested in it I'd say.

Now playing: Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS), Overwatch (PC)

#10 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4853 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

I've never seen an official Skylanders thread ... if it exists it's either A. not in the deals section or B. Poorly maintained and never on the front page. So this is a welcome addition as far as I can tell.

#11 synnarc   Lord of the VRAM CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:30 PM

I have a "adult used" Light and a Dark set sitting idle here that I was going to toss onto Craigslist for $20. I had no idea they were rare. I guess I won't have a hard time selling the sets for $20 each?

#12 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:49 PM

Target exclusive Nitro Headrush comes out tomorrow...

Too bad Headrush is kind of crappy, and the horns on the figure snap off easily.

#13 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4853 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

Won't the light and dark sets see a wider release at places like Best Buy eventually? That seems to be the way all the past expansion packs have worked.

#14 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

Too bad Headrush is kind of crappy, and the horns on the figure snap off easily.

I wasn't aware if this. Mine has been fine. I'll leave Nitro in the package for collector's purposes but I think the color scheme looks better.
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#15 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

Won't the light and dark sets see a wider release at places like Best Buy eventually? That seems to be the way all the past expansion packs have worked.

This is what I'm hoping for. The Ninjini Giant was so hard find at first and now there are tons. I'm being patient and waiting to buy the light and dark sets at the right price.

#16 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9845 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

I'm also going to wait as well. It seems like with all Skylanders items if you are willing to wait, you can get the item for MSRP or less (except the rare variants).

#17 kronix29   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

kronix29

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

I have been looking for a thread like this on cag thanks for starting it.I think along with nitro headrush at target on sunday it is buy 2 get 1 free.I just started collecting skylanders around xmas and have amassed over 100 allready,addictive things they are.

#18 Zbornak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   758 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

The Best Buy deal is still going on.  It's not a glitch, since it says right on the deal page that the discount applies to the higher-priced item.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can checkout with more than two at a time, as I tried adding four and the discount didn't work.  I just added some preorders to two separate orders in order to get the free shipping for $35+ (you can mix shipped/in-store pickup items).  I picked up Hijinx/Eye Small, Head Rush, Tread Head, and Hog Wild Fryno for about $25 plus tax (after GCU).

As for the Light and Dark packs, Amazon gets them in at MSRP quite often, but they sell out very quickly.  Just keep checking back and you'll eventually get lucky.  I even happened upon the Kaos trap at Amazon for $5.99, but it sold out before I could add it to my cart.

Posted Image

#19 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1127 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:27 AM

Was able to find 2 Kaos Trap at Walgreens yesterday so check there also.

Dariel16.png

#20 thegame85   Spicy Curry #30 CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:01 AM

Was able to find 2 Kaos Trap at Walgreens yesterday so check there also.

Which city did you find them in? I didn't know Walgreens sold them. I don't need a Kaos trap I'm just curious.

I also find it dumb that they picked Headrush out of all the characters to make a Nitro version.

Also anyone else NEVER see Gearshift in store? ( yes I know it's on amazon)
Posted Image

#21 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4623 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:51 AM

This is Da Official Unofficial Skylanders thread!
"...don't be sensitive and angry at the sh!t that I wrote
Cause if you can take a Fuck n d!ck, you can take a joke" -IT

lol

#22 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:46 AM

Which city did you find them in? I didn't know Walgreens sold them. I don't need a Kaos trap I'm just curious.
I also find it dumb that they picked Headrush out of all the characters to make a Nitro version.

They also made a Nitro Krypt King on release day of the game. Gear shift was also available everywhere on release day. Not easy to find now though.

#23 Skiry   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:21 PM

My SoCal Target (as of yesterday) had about two dozen Gearshifts on clearance for 30% off.

#24 knight19   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1192 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

Target Cartwheel has a 20% off offer for Love Potion Pop Fizz.  Not sure if (or how) it stacks with the B2G1 Free Offer.

#25 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

They also made a Nitro Krypt King on release day of the game. Gear shift was also available everywhere on release day. Not easy to find now though.

Stores have limited space, so they only stock the absolute top sellers. Online does not have that issue, so they can afford to stock less popular stuff.

#26 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

I bought a dark set at a BB a few weeks ago, but it's rare that I ever see the expansion packs there, even though my local BB has a placard advertising it.

It's more common to find these at Target. It seems like most at Tuesdays I go there, a couple of light and/or dark packs are still around.

#27 jr1016   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1127 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:04 PM

I'm in Sacramento.

Dariel16.png

#28 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3542 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:26 PM

In regards to the Light and Dark expansions.  Target has the same DCPI (207-00-3011) listed for both expansions.  Brickseek is showing them in stock in 13% of stores.  

Closest store to me is 35 minutes away, so I'll pass on driving that far on the chance that they are both light.  With the B2G1 that they are running this week, I wouldn't mind picking up both along with another expansion.  Hopefully they'll both be at a store closer to me this week.

#29 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

In regards to the Light and Dark expansions.  Target has the same DCPI (207-00-3011) listed for both expansions.  Brickseek is showing them in stock in 13% of stores.  

Closest store to me is 35 minutes away, so I'll pass on driving that far on the chance that they are both light.  With the B2G1 that they are running this week, I wouldn't mind picking up both along with another expansion.  Hopefully they'll both be at a store closer to me this week.

It says it's for single character packs. Generally, that means expansions don't apply. They didn't at TRU, but if that's not the case here, let us know.

#30 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1756 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

The Best Buy deal is still going on.  It's not a glitch, since it says right on the deal page that the discount applies to the higher-priced item.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can checkout with more than two at a time, as I tried adding four and the discount didn't work.  I just added some preorders to two separate orders in order to get the free shipping for $35+ (you can mix shipped/in-store pickup items).  I picked up Hijinx/Eye Small, Head Rush, Tread Head, and Hog Wild Fryno for about $25 plus tax (after GCU).

The deal is still advertised, but doesn't work anymore, it seems.