Official Skylanders Thread

Use the search and you will find not only an official skylanders thread, but also a thread about this deal.
Dunno, I did a search & the only "Official Skylanders" thread that came up hasn't been updated since 2012.

Yes, there are multiple threads on specific deals, but nothing aggregating them. Let me know if I'm completely missing it, otherwise if the OP wants to keep this thread rocking, then I'm on board.

The only current Skylanders deal I am interested in is for the Skylanders Trap Team: Sunscraper Spire Light Element Expansion Pack. But it seems to be much rarer/impossible to get at MSRP now since its sold out, and there are no news on if it will ever be restocked.  Not gonna pay more than what I paid for the game itself, but I need a light Skylander.

Last week Best Buy had a glitch for buy one skylander, get 50% off the second skylander, but the most expensive skylander came up as the 50% off one, so I got a Trapmaster and a preorder for Blackout for $17.49.  This B2G1 doesn't seems as good as that one from BB last week. Just FYI.

The only current Skylanders deal I am interested in is for the Skylanders Trap Team: Sunscraper Spire Light Element Expansion Pack. But it seems to be much rarer/impossible to get at MSRP now since its sold out, and there are no news on if it will ever be restocked. Not gonna pay more than what I paid for the game itself, but I need a light Skylander.

Last week Best Buy had a glitch for buy one skylander, get 50% off the second skylander, but the most expensive skylander came up as the 50% off one, so I got a Trapmaster and a preorder for Blackout for $17.49. This B2G1 doesn't seems as good as that one from BB last week. Just FYI.
I saw several of the light and dark packs when I was at Target a couple weeks ago. I was holding out to get them at Best Buy with GCU, but maybe I should have bought them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw several of the light and dark packs when I was at Target a couple weeks ago. I was holding out to get them at Best Buy with GCU, but maybe I should have bought them.
I would drive over an hour for one at MSRP. I haven't checked local stores much, but I cannot find it anywhere. Don't know how rare it is, but I think it's actually quite hard to come by. Get one if you are interested in it I'd say.

I've never seen an official Skylanders thread ... if it exists it's either A. not in the deals section or B. Poorly maintained and never on the front page. So this is a welcome addition as far as I can tell.

The only current Skylanders deal I am interested in is for the Skylanders Trap Team: Sunscraper Spire Light Element Expansion Pack. But it seems to be much rarer/impossible to get at MSRP now since its sold out, and there are no news on if it will ever be restocked. Not gonna pay more than what I paid for the game itself, but I need a light Skylander.

Last week Best Buy had a glitch for buy one skylander, get 50% off the second skylander, but the most expensive skylander came up as the 50% off one, so I got a Trapmaster and a preorder for Blackout for $17.49. This B2G1 doesn't seems as good as that one from BB last week. Just FYI.
I have a "adult used" Light and a Dark set sitting idle here that I was going to toss onto Craigslist for $20. I had no idea they were rare. I guess I won't have a hard time selling the sets for $20 each?

Won't the light and dark sets see a wider release at places like Best Buy eventually? That seems to be the way all the past expansion packs have worked.

Won't the light and dark sets see a wider release at places like Best Buy eventually? That seems to be the way all the past expansion packs have worked.
This is what I'm hoping for. The Ninjini Giant was so hard find at first and now there are tons. I'm being patient and waiting to buy the light and dark sets at the right price.

I'm also going to wait as well. It seems like with all Skylanders items if you are willing to wait, you can get the item for MSRP or less (except the rare variants).

I have been looking for a thread like this on cag thanks for starting it.I think along with nitro headrush at target on sunday it is buy 2 get 1 free.I just started collecting skylanders around xmas and have amassed over 100 allready,addictive things they are.

The Best Buy deal is still going on. It's not a glitch, since it says right on the deal page that the discount applies to the higher-priced item. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can checkout with more than two at a time, as I tried adding four and the discount didn't work. I just added some preorders to two separate orders in order to get the free shipping for $35+ (you can mix shipped/in-store pickup items). I picked up Hijinx/Eye Small, Head Rush, Tread Head, and Hog Wild Fryno for about $25 plus tax (after GCU).

As for the Light and Dark packs, Amazon gets them in at MSRP quite often, but they sell out very quickly. Just keep checking back and you'll eventually get lucky. I even happened upon the Kaos trap at Amazon for $5.99, but it sold out before I could add it to my cart.

Was able to find 2 Kaos Trap at Walgreens yesterday so check there also.
Which city did you find them in? I didn't know Walgreens sold them. I don't need a Kaos trap I'm just curious.

I also find it dumb that they picked Headrush out of all the characters to make a Nitro version.

Also anyone else NEVER see Gearshift in store? ( yes I know it's on amazon)

Which city did you find them in? I didn't know Walgreens sold them. I don't need a Kaos trap I'm just curious.
I also find it dumb that they picked Headrush out of all the characters to make a Nitro version.
They also made a Nitro Krypt King on release day of the game. Gear shift was also available everywhere on release day. Not easy to find now though.

Target Cartwheel has a 20% off offer for Love Potion Pop Fizz.  Not sure if (or how) it stacks with the B2G1 Free Offer.

They also made a Nitro Krypt King on release day of the game. Gear shift was also available everywhere on release day. Not easy to find now though.
Stores have limited space, so they only stock the absolute top sellers. Online does not have that issue, so they can afford to stock less popular stuff.

I bought a dark set at a BB a few weeks ago, but it's rare that I ever see the expansion packs there, even though my local BB has a placard advertising it.

It's more common to find these at Target. It seems like most at Tuesdays I go there, a couple of light and/or dark packs are still around.

I'm in Sacramento.

In regards to the Light and Dark expansions.  Target has the same DCPI (207-00-3011) listed for both expansions.  Brickseek is showing them in stock in 13% of stores.  

Closest store to me is 35 minutes away, so I'll pass on driving that far on the chance that they are both light.  With the B2G1 that they are running this week, I wouldn't mind picking up both along with another expansion.  Hopefully they'll both be at a store closer to me this week.

In regards to the Light and Dark expansions. Target has the same DCPI (207-00-3011) listed for both expansions. Brickseek is showing them in stock in 13% of stores.

Closest store to me is 35 minutes away, so I'll pass on driving that far on the chance that they are both light. With the B2G1 that they are running this week, I wouldn't mind picking up both along with another expansion. Hopefully they'll both be at a store closer to me this week.
It says it's for single character packs. Generally, that means expansions don't apply. They didn't at TRU, but if that's not the case here, let us know.

The Best Buy deal is still going on. It's not a glitch, since it says right on the deal page that the discount applies to the higher-priced item. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can checkout with more than two at a time, as I tried adding four and the discount didn't work. I just added some preorders to two separate orders in order to get the free shipping for $35+ (you can mix shipped/in-store pickup items). I picked up Hijinx/Eye Small, Head Rush, Tread Head, and Hog Wild Fryno for about $25 plus tax (after GCU).
The deal is still advertised, but doesn't work anymore, it seems.

I've actually seen a fairly steady of supply of Light and Dark sets at Targets and Wal-Marts around Northwest Indiana.

I actually got really lucky and picked mine up for $25 each when Gamestop had them on sale by using in-store pick-up.

It sold out online, but I was able to pick up those Skylanders: Giant Owner Packs for $0.79 at a bestbuy store yesterday. 

It also looks like Legendary Bushwhack came out today at Toys R Us in addition to Nitro Headrush at Target.

I also managed to snag a Dark Edition Trap Team Starter Pack for Xbox 360 at my local Walmart today. It was at 99.96 MSRP, and I'm not sure I will keep it. I figured I'd pick it up just in case because they are hard to come by. They're also going for $150+ on Ebay. I love how the Swap Force Dark-Edition was plentyful at Gamestop (even thought it was exclusive), but the Trap Team one available everywhere is actually fairly limited.

I hope the light/dark expansions become easier to find.  I want them, but I'm not willing to track them down or pay MSRP.  Only deals I'm looking for now are Trap Team 3DS deals and a few more trap master elements.

Was really lucky, found a bunch of trap 3 packs mis labeled at MS Store during the trade in deal.  They had 3 packs for $5.99, so I bought 6 packs for 3 copies of old sports titles that cost $1 each.  I have every trap element and doubles, which I will likely trade off doubles.

I bought Gusto before realizing he came with the 3ds version.  I'll be looking for a Trap Team game cart and Barkley.  I have a portal from Swap Force/Spyro's Adventure so I don't need another one for 3DS

I hope the light/dark expansions become easier to find. I want them, but I'm not willing to track them down or pay MSRP. Only deals I'm looking for now are Trap Team 3DS deals and a few more trap master elements.

Was really lucky, found a bunch of trap 3 packs mis labeled at MS Store during the trade in deal. They had 3 packs for $5.99, so I bought 6 packs for 3 copies of old sports titles that cost $1 each. I have every trap element and doubles, which I will likely trade off doubles.

I bought Gusto before realizing he came with the 3ds version. I'll be looking for a Trap Team game cart and Barkley. I have a portal from Swap Force/Spyro's Adventure so I don't need another one for 3DS
Is there a place to put the traps in the Swap Force portal?

Is there a place to put the traps in the Swap Force portal?
Nope. http://kotaku.com/whats-different-about-skylanders-trap-team-on-3ds-1641191381

No Traps
How odd, considering the console game's strong focus. Do not worry about those little trap crystals for the 3DS version of Trap Team — they are useless here. When one of the game's 14 unique villains is captured, it appears on the 3DS' lower screen. Players can poke it, pet it, blow on it, or summon it to appearing alongside your chosen Skylander, performing a screen-wide attack before waiting out a timer for another go.

Nope. http://kotaku.com/whats-different-about-skylanders-trap-team-on-3ds-1641191381
No Traps
How odd, considering the console game's strong focus. Do not worry about those little trap crystals for the 3DS version of Trap Team — they are useless here. When one of the game's 14 unique villains is captured, it appears on the 3DS' lower screen. Players can poke it, pet it, blow on it, or summon it to appearing alongside your chosen Skylander, performing a screen-wide attack before waiting out a timer for another go.
That doesn't sound as good as being able to use the traps, where there are supposedly over 40 villains you can play as.

TRU has a lot of Spyro's Adventure era stuff on clearance. Triple and Adventure packs are $9.99 each, single characters are $5.00 each and eligible for B1G1 40% off.

GS has the Swap Force stsrter pack for 19.99 NEW. It comes with Swappables Free Ranger and Rattle Shake, and Lavs Barf Eruptor. Even if you don't own a 3DS, the characters alone are worth it, and if you do have one, its not a console port, but an entirely new game.

GS has the Swap Force stsrter pack for 19.99 NEW. It comes with Swappables Free Ranger and Rattle Shake, and Lavs Barf Eruptor. Even if you don't own a 3DS, the characters alone are worth it, and if you do have one, its not a console port, but an entirely new game.
The game is actually really fun; it's more of a platformer than the console game is. That's a steal at $20.

yep i just picked one up yesterday,i only need erupter and the portal but for 20 i could not pass it up

bread's done
Back