* * * * - 6 votes

Official Skylanders Thread

#721 icpmattj   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:59 AM

Dont have alot of time to post, gamestop has the mobile starter pack marked down to $9.97, it comes with skylanders giants royal double trouble, not sure whats so special about him, but on ebay I see $20 -50 listings just for him, and gamestop will give $19 bucks store credit, so go get him if you want him or want to flip him:

http://www.gamestop....xclusive/106972

http://www.gamestop....ter-pack/118208

Was able to pick this up today :)

Thanks

#722 CaptainZombie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

CaptainZombie

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:39 AM

I have no idea, but do you have a tablet? Do you wanna try it and see? I'll give you the code for free if you post back here and let us know if it worked for you.

Also, Im sure everybody got this email already from TRU, but I was a little shocked at the price drops on the figures for the sale/promo on 6/06, looks like now is the time to stock up on any missing figures:

060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_05.jpg060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_06.jpg060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_07.jpg060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_08.jpg

I do have iPad and iPhone 6 plus so I'd be willing to try out the code and report back. Would you mind PMing me the code? Thanks

#723 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

I do have iPad and iPhone 6 plus so I'd be willing to try out the code and report back. Would you mind PMing me the code? Thanks

Code sent  let us know if it works

#724 MidnightMarauder74   Proud CAG (not CAGer) CAGiversary!   822 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

MidnightMarauder74

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:52 AM

I have no idea, but do you have a tablet? Do you wanna try it and see? I'll give you the code for free if you post back here and let us know if it worked for you.

Also, Im sure everybody got this email already from TRU, but I was a little shocked at the price drops on the figures for the sale/promo on 6/06, looks like now is the time to stock up on any missing figures:

060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_05.jpg060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_06.jpg
060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_07.jpg
060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_08.jpg

I got the same email. I thought the fine print says that these prices are only good if you preorder Superchargers at the store on Saturday.

#725 CaptainZombie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

CaptainZombie

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

Thanks! I just tried the code and it is downloading Battlegrounds which means that the codes then in the retail boxes are still valid.

#726 CaptainZombie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

CaptainZombie

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:55 AM

Thanks! I just tried the code and it is downloading Battlegrounds which means that the codes then in the retail boxes are still valid.

#727 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:43 AM

I got the same email. I thought the fine print says that these prices are only good if you preorder Superchargers at the store on Saturday.

I wasnt sure about the wording myself, but its worth a shot to head over and see what happens, worst case I suppose you could just cancel or return the preorder, although I dont really think it will come that

#728 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2786 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

Its a dollar for the preorder. If you can swallow a dollar perhaps you shouldn't be buying skylanders.

#729 SSG Monty  

SSG Monty

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

Sadly, the Swap Force single characters I still need for my daughter's birthday are non-existent at Toys R Us in DFW.

Damn Roller Brawl & Scratch :P

May look at what they've got as gifts for my nephew though.

#730 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1228 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

Dont have alot of time to post, gamestop has the mobile starter pack marked down to $9.97, it comes with skylanders giants royal double trouble, not sure whats so special about him, but on ebay I see $20 -50 listings just for him, and gamestop will give $19 bucks store credit, so go get him if you want him or want to flip him:

Good post!  I'll be picking up a couple sets most likely.  1 for me, one for flip!

#731 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:42 PM

Unfortunately ... :)

Battlegrounds is one of those games that seems like it will be really cool when you first start, but then you figure out how incredibly shallow it is and stop playing.

However, the Starter Pack is totally wroth it for the Royal Double Trouble and the Bluetooth portal (if you also play Lost Islands, which is a pretty fun Farmville clone that gives you things to use for the figures you own).  I think the collection app works too, but I've never tried that.  It also works for Cloud Patrol which is a pretty fun, short attention span game in the vein of Temple Run or Fruit Ninja (easy to pick up and set down).

#732 InundatedDad   CAG Dad CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

InundatedDad

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

Unfortunately ... :)

Battlegrounds is one of those games that seems like it will be really cool when you first start, but then you figure out how incredibly shallow it is and stop playing.

However, the Starter Pack is totally wroth it for the Royal Double Trouble and the Bluetooth portal (if you also play Lost Islands, which is a pretty fun Farmville clone that gives you things to use for the figures you own).  I think the collection app works too, but I've never tried that.  It also works for Cloud Patrol which is a pretty fun, short attention span game in the vein of Temple Run or Fruit Ninja (easy to pick up and set down).

Shallow only for us adults? What about for a 5 year old? Or is it just that bad?

#733 Kuroko   Frugal Princess CAGiversary!   148 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

I just received a copy of Skylanders Swap Force (only the disc) for Wii U and Spyro's Adventure (everything included) for the 3ds. Does anyone know if the 3ds portal would work on the Wii U? I'm not really sure what to do with only the disc... It was a random gift :P

#734 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3554 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:16 PM

I just received a copy of Skylanders Swap Force (only the disc) for Wii U and Spyro's Adventure (everything included) for the 3ds. Does anyone know if the 3ds portal would work on the Wii U? I'm not really sure what to do with only the disc... It was a random gift :P

No, you need the USB portal for the WiiU.  

#735 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3179 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:45 AM

Do these work on a PS3 Portal? I just recently bought a couple skylanders so I'm not sure if these are only for tablets or if they can be used on any system.

#736 elessar123  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:44 AM

Sadly, the Swap Force single characters I still need for my daughter's birthday are non-existent at Toys R Us in DFW.

Damn Roller Brawl & Scratch :P

May look at what they've got as gifts for my nephew though.

Check TRU/BBY for Roller Brawl. I see her a lot still. As for Scratch... bad news. He's been rare for months now, since shortly after Trap Team came out. It went up to $50 on eBay at one point, but it's a lot lower now.

#737 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:00 AM

Shallow only for us adults? What about for a 5 year old? Or is it just that bad?

It's actually a bit complicated to figure out at first for a kid, in my opinion.  You have to figure out where to move on the board.  The fights are pretty much tap tap tap to win.  Over and over and over.  Lost Islands is also probably not good for a 5 year old.

Cloud Patrol is, however, a great game for a young child.  And you can use the portal to load your figures in the game, which my young one loves to do.

#738 InundatedDad   CAG Dad CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

InundatedDad

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:42 PM

It's actually a bit complicated to figure out at first for a kid, in my opinion.  You have to figure out where to move on the board.  The fights are pretty much tap tap tap to win.  Over and over and over.  Lost Islands is also probably not good for a 5 year old.

Cloud Patrol is, however, a great game for a young child.  And you can use the portal to load your figures in the game, which my young one loves to do.

Thanks for the insight!

#739 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5447 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

Lost islands is your typical FTP bull crap which makes you either wait or pay money, doesn't matter how many skylanders you link to it.

The older figures look like they won't be used much in the new game as usual, but the newer ones will grant more powers as usual, so I have to consider that when purchasing more figures. I will probably just wait for the new figures. With the prices of these things now I might be waiting a while to purchase the next game, as with Lego dimensions coming on the market there is no doubt in my mind it will go cheap, fast.

#740 TheAggroCraig   Hummus! CAGiversary!   1430 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

TheAggroCraig

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

Doesn't the 3DS portal link up to the game with the IR port or something? I've never used one so I'm not sure.

Worst comes to worst, go to a used game store and see if they have any portals kicking around. Gamestop sells the portals, but you'd need to at least have the portal that matches up with your game (the portals are backwards compatible, so you could use either a Swap Force or Trap Team portal with Swap Force, and then those would work with giants). PS3/PS4/Wii/Wii U portals are all the same, so just make sure you don't get an Xbone/360 portal and you should be fine!

Just google to make sure you get the right portal, Swap Force's is pretty short compared to the original so it should stand out.

#741 UncleBob  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

To correct the previous posts here, you *can* use the 3DS portal from Spyro's Adventure on your Wii U. Spyro's Adventure came with a USB cable that you can use to plug it in, however it's going to be super-short. The nice thing is, it's a standard mini-USB cable, so you could replace it with a longer one if you have it lying around.

#742 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3554 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

To correct the previous posts here, you *can* use the 3DS portal from Spyro's Adventure on your Wii U. Spyro's Adventure came with a USB cable that you can use to plug it in, however it's going to be super-short. The nice thing is, it's a standard mini-USB cable, so you could replace it with a longer one if you have it lying around.

Oh, Ok.  That may be correct, but you wouldn't be able to have two people play at the same time with the 3DS portal would you?

#743 UncleBob  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Yup. It's tight, but it works. Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure the Spyro's Adventure portal will work with SWAP Force. The individual game might not like that.

#744 pacifickarma   Master of Orion CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

pacifickarma

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

I don't believe the SSA portal will recognize the Swap Force figures.

#745 michaelarchi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

michaelarchi

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:27 PM

060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_05.jpg060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_06.jpg

060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_07.jpg

060315C_EM_TRU_Skylanders_Presell_08.jpg

I tried to get this deal this morning at ToysRUs and nobody at my local store knew anything about it.  I tried to preorder the new Skylanders Supercharger game with it to get the discount and it still didn't apply with my rewards r us membership.  Does anybody know if this deal is only available during a certain time period or at certain stores?  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Also can anybody shoot me the email that has this deal it in so I can show it to them?

#746 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8529 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

I tried to get this deal this morning at ToysRUs and nobody at my local store knew anything about it.  I tried to preorder the new Skylanders Supercharger game with it to get the discount and it still didn't apply with my rewards r us membership.  Does anybody know if this deal is only available during a certain time period or at certain stores?  Thanks for any help you can give me.  Also can anybody shoot me the email that has this deal it in so I can show it to them?

you just gotta have that charisma bro. I had my 2y/o and 4y/o and told them i saw this deal and they heard nothing bout it either. I even got 2 of the gold ones (shroomboom and gill grunt) even tho i don't know if they were supposed to be included or not. i wish they had more but i only got 9. they just put the 6 giant figures as $2 each and the 2 skylanders as $3 for one and $.01 for the other. lightcore hex was $1.50 either way. i did the $1 preorder too but they said nothing changed, so they just manually adjusted. it helps if you give the cashier chic a wink and a nod with a hint of shoosh.

#747 jam8611   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

Th

#748 jam8611   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:43 PM

The TRU deal is not working in stores. Went to two stores, one didn't know about the sale. The other one had signs up but did not ring up. They manually adjusted the prices and they took the signs down right afterwards.

#749 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8529 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

i just wish they had alot more. The most i was missing was from giants because I didn't want all the lightcore/series 2 variants, but for $2/3 I would have got all the ones I was missing. They really only had some lightcore hex which was 1.50 anyway, and a lightcore shroom boom. i was able to get some gold shroomboom and gill grunt and some original hex/drobot and series 2 elf but nothing too fancy. only like $17 for 9

#750 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3098 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

The TRU where I am said the deal was only the 2 for $8 Swap Force figures, which I was less interested in. I was looking for the 3/$6 Giants figures, but it was a no go. Often times, TRU is the worst.