* * * * - 6 votes

Official Skylanders Thread

#2551 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3558 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

I have an extra Gearshift if someone is looking for one.  Unopened.  Picked it up at Target ages ago when it went on clearance. Make an offer (w/shipping) and it's yours. 

#2552 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

I have an extra Gearshift if someone is looking for one.  Unopened.  Picked it up at Target ages ago when it went on clearance. Make an offer (w/shipping) and it's yours. 

I'll give ya tree fiddy.

#2553 MrMountie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MrMountie

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

Finally found a Trap Team starter. I wonder how often they restock. The two I frequent seem to get different stuff every few days.

#2554 MrMountie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MrMountie

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:13 AM

Everything pre-Imaginators is down to 50 cents now. Finally got a few of the Elites, those were always still 9 bucks but they're 50 cents now too.

#2555 Zantra2  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

Everything pre-Imaginators is down to 50 cents now. Finally got a few of the Elites, those were always still 9 bucks but they're 50 cents now too.

At Toys R Us? Walmart? Best Buy? Target?

#2556 MrMountie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MrMountie

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

At Toys R Us? Walmart? Best Buy? Target?

Toys R Us

#2557 Zantra2  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

Toys R Us

Oh wow. That's an amazing deal, if my store has any left. Thanks for the heads up.

#2558 ShinAkuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

ShinAkuma

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

They literally keep throwing more Skylanders at stores the second it looks like your TRU is even remotely about to run out of them- the sheer number of these things that keep showing up is astounding and really makes you wonder just how many of these figures were made. Definitely ask if you don't see any at your local store, I can't imagine any store not having more.

#2559 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

I'm shocked this is the fist time stores actually appear to be low on stock for Skylanders with this current sale. Many of the figures I bought last month for 5 for $4 are now gone and removed from the website. In store yesterday I was told many of the figures are discontinued and no longer being shipped to stores. Looks like that's all folks.

#2560 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1751 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

I'm shocked this is the fist time stores actually appear to be low on stock for Skylanders with this current sale. Many of the figures I bought last month for 5 for $4 are now gone and removed from the website. In store yesterday I was told many of the figures are discontinued and no longer being shipped to stores. Looks like that's all folks.

Well we are over a year out from the last game (~9 months from last content update), so kind of expected.  Infinity lasted a bit longer post final release, but as I understand their figures were waaaay over-produced.  At this point retailers just want to re-claim that shelf real estate.

#2561 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3199 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

They literally keep throwing more Skylanders at stores the second it looks like your TRU is even remotely about to run out of them- the sheer number of these things that keep showing up is astounding and really makes you wonder just how many of these figures were made. Definitely ask if you don't see any at your local store, I can't imagine any store not having more.

I don't know about other stores, but we've received at least 3 giant pallets of Skylanders in the last couple weeks. Filling up our aisle every night, we've been selling through about 80% of everything that's out during the day. We've even got a couple things that I don't think we had in the past, like the pink rollerblader 2 pack from Super Chargers. I picked up both a Wii and Wii U starter for the Amiibos, and a couple extra characters in case I want to actually play it some. I just wish we had some starters for the other systems still, nothing but Nintendo ones have come.

#2562 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2264 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

Anyone know a good way to get Dark Donkey Kong cheap?

#2563 MrMountie   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MrMountie

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

The store I was at last night looked like they were just about all out of them and then someone wheeled a cart of like at least 15 unopen boxes of more of them to re-stock the shelves. I asked and he said they get big shipments of them still every other day.

#2564 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

And people wonder why TRU is going bankrupt. Activision screwed them up good.

#2565 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:36 PM

Mine claims they don't price match Gamestop....

They've never been competitive, they seem to think because they are a specialty store they can charge 10-20% more than every other store.

#2566 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:11 AM

It depends when TRU got the stock. Might be Activision just gave away their inventory to TRU, since Infinity figures price haven't hit that low yet which they should.

99c stores wasn't screwed by WB when they got loads of early waves of Lego Dimensions... I wish that would happen again.

#2567 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3199 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

Mine claims they don't price match Gamestop....

They've never been competitive, they seem to think because they are a specialty store they can charge 10-20% more than every other store.

Normally TRU doesn't but we're supposed to match anywhere that has stuff in stock as long as it isn't clearance or some third-party on Amazon or Walmart right now, through Christmas. The company has a filter on the the internet though, so you'd have to pull it up on a phone which some stores may not want to do.

Personally I think the new Skylanders stock was acquired recently, because we were pretty low on a lot of stuff for a while. They could have finally shifted stuff between districts or something though I guess.

#2568 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

....aaaaand another restock at my local TRU. Dozens of boxes put out this morning, almost 100 Astro racing packs, boatloads of Superchargers vehicles, and about a million Swap Force figures.

They weren’t even loading the shelves. Just dumping them in numerous bins:

6E8D5D6E-C09F-48E7-AE8C-7551B4DCF208.jpeg

#2569 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11807 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:04 AM

Will they go down to $0.25 each????

#2570 Zantra2  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

New Target Cartwheel deal added just now. 50% Off all Sensei figures, until 12/26. Limit of four per transaction, as is the rule with Cartwheel. But, still a good deal. Basically buy two, get two free. And, save a little more if you have a Target Red Card, thanks to the extra 5% off.

#2571 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:47 AM

Normally TRU doesn't but we're supposed to match anywhere that has stuff in stock as long as it isn't clearance or some third-party on Amazon or Walmart right now, through Christmas. The company has a filter on the the internet though, so you'd have to pull it up on a phone which some stores may not want to do.

Personally I think the new Skylanders stock was acquired recently, because we were pretty low on a lot of stuff for a while. They could have finally shifted stuff between districts or something though I guess.

What I mean is I literally pull it up on my phone to show them, and the worker says they do not match Gamestop (though they did last year), then will usually either call up front or call a manager back to them, who will reiterate the same point.

(There is one woman though, who just doesn't give a flying Fuck and will price match without any questions, as long as I have proof.. so I do enjoy when she's on duty)

The last time this happened was back in October when they were one of the only stores in the area with Xenoblade Chronicles X in stock.

#2572 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

....aaaaand another restock at my local TRU. Dozens of boxes put out this morning, almost 100 Astro racing packs, boatloads of Superchargers vehicles, and about a million Swap Force figures.

They weren’t even loading the shelves. Just dumping them in numerous bins:

attachicon.gif6E8D5D6E-C09F-48E7-AE8C-7551B4DCF208.jpeg

I think Activision way over estimated the popularity and well.. they are trying to unload as much merch as TRU is.

Now I remember Black Friday 2011 going from store to store trying to fight all the figures I was looking for, and repeating it in 2013...

#2573 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2787 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:37 AM

Will they go down to $0.25 each????

Im waiting for them to pay us.

#2574 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

New Target Cartwheel deal added just now. 50% Off all Sensei figures, until 12/26. Limit of four per transaction, as is the rule with Cartwheel. But, still a good deal. Basically buy two, get two free. And, save a little more if you have a Target Red Card, thanks to the extra 5% off.

Not a bad deal at all. I sweeped up all of the imaginators a while back when GameStop had them for $2.50 each. Never saw anything beat that yet.

#2575 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3169 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

Not a bad deal at all. I sweeped up all of the imaginations a while back when GameStop had them for $2.50 each. Never saw anything beat that yet.

The legendary crystals are $0.50 at TRU, or were earlier in the week at least.

#2576 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1897 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

Not a bad deal at all. I sweeped up all of the imaginators a while back when GameStop had them for $2.50 each. Never saw anything beat that yet.

That's because it was a pricing error.

#2577 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4004 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

The legendary crystals are $0.50 at TRU, or were earlier in the week at least.

Imaginator crystals were $.50 at TRU, like the older figures?

You’re referring to the gold ones, correct? I don’t specifically recall seeing those when I was there this week. Though I didn’t look for them either.

#2578 Ratmonkey  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

Imaginator crystals were $.50 at TRU, like the older figures?

You’re referring to the gold ones, correct? I don’t specifically recall seeing those when I was there this week. Though I didn’t look for them either.

These are the gold ones with the comic books. They were in the website a couple days ago but I think they have dropped off now.

http://skylanders.wi...eation_Crystals

#2579 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:39 AM

Can those gold ones be used in the game? I've never seen those before. I scanned all the regular ones and they all rang up at $9.99 each.

#2580 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11194 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:47 AM

Can those gold ones be used in the game? I've never seen those before. I scanned all the regular ones and they all rang up at $9.99 each.

Yep. They can. 
I'd picked them up months ago because they part of an earlier buy 1 get X free promo, making them much cheaper at the time than buying the normal crystals.