Please Explain 3DS System!?

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I've never been more confused with a hardware/software/network system. If someone can please explain  everything for me it would be much appreciated.

I have a lot of 3DS systems. I think I have about 12 in total. Sometimes I like to jump on a specific console and download a demo from the nintendo store. Like today. I jumped on my new Nintendo Majora's Mask N3DSXL and I wanted to test out the c-stick. When I went to the store it told me in order to download and play any games that I would have to link my Network ID. 

First off, I'm not even sure where I can look up my nintendo network ID. I thought I remembered it, but apparently not. Strike 1 against me.

Secondly, You can only have 2 systems linked together on the network ID? I have my Wii U and my Red 3DSLX which is my primary 3DS XL that I use on a regular basis. I have my nintendo cash linked to that system and everything...

So I'm kind of just overall confused about this whole infrastructure that nintendo uses. like really confused!

Also, the system transfer. I should be getting the New Monster Hunter 4 3DSXL any day now. When I do a system transfer from my primary Red XL to the MH 3DS XL, will that erase my pre-installed game? What's the process of that? Is the preinstalled game on the hardware memory or the miniSD card?

Why does nintendo have to make this so confusing?

Any help and info would be appreciated!

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1531/~/nintendo-network-id-faq

However, please note the following restrictions:

• Content cannot be transferred from a New Nintendo 3DS XL system to a Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS, or Nintendo 3DS XL. Once the NNID is associated to a New Nintendo 3DS XL, it can only be transferred to another New Nintendo 3DS XL.
  • If the target system already has a Nintendo Network ID registered on it, you will be unable perform a system transfer.
Maybe that helps?

12 3DSs?!

And when you do a system transfer, Monster Hunter will vanish. You just redownload it from the eShop. Another CAG said it weirded him out because the $39.99 price showed on the eShop screen, but when you click the game and continue, it confirms the game is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 3DSs?!

And when you do a system transfer, Monster Hunter will vanish. You just redownload it from the eShop. Another CAG said it weirded him out because the $39.99 price showed on the eShop screen, but when you click the game and continue, it confirms the game is free.
Yes, I have a strange obsession with collecting 3DS consoles. I have a red 3ds, red 3DS XL, Pikachu 3DS XL, Yoshi 3DS XL, Mario Dream Team 3DS XL, Animal Crossing 3DS XL, Pokemon Red 3DS XL, Pokemon Blue 3DS XL, Majora's Mask N3DS XL and waiting on my Monster Hunter N3DS XL. So that makes.... 10 I guess, not 12.

Well, I already did a system transfer from my Red XL to the Majora's Mask system. Everything went smooth. So my next problem is, When I get my Monster Hunter XL system this coming week, I'll be able to play the game but I'll have to create a completely new network ID in order to download stuff from the store correct? So here's my gripe, let's say I create a completely new Nintendo ID. 6 months down the road I decide to transfer my Majora's Mask console to this Monster Hunter console. I thought I read you can't do that, because when I create a new Network ID on the MH console that will screw things up if I transfer a different Network ID over.

Why can't you log into 1 account across all systems. Makes no sense why I need to pay for a game 10 times to put it on the consoles I owned. It's seriously a busted business model.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1531/~/nintendo-network-id-faq

However, please note the following restrictions:

• If the target system already has a Nintendo Network ID registered on it, you will be unable perform a system transfer.
Maybe that helps?
THIS!? So a collector like myself, has multiple consoles. If I want to connect to the nintendo store I NEED to have a network ID. BUT nintendo only lets you connect to your network ID on 1 Wii U and 1 3DS XL. So if I want to connect to the store on another 3DS I HAVE to create an entire new Network ID as there's a limit on how many times you can connect. So when I get my Monster Hunter console, I have to either A) not create a new Network ID because I'm already logged into my current one on a different console or B) make a new one which makes it impossible to transfer to in the future.

Just makes no sense at all to me. It limits my usage of something that I purchased. Why would I be punished for purchasing multiple consoles!?

I don't get it.

took me a while to find this picture..

It's all I could think of when I read you had 12 3DS systems... lol.

I'm with you on Nintendo's stupid system, Sony/MS handle it MUCH better.

954f68fbb3de6248825282a96aeba19a.jpg

bread's done
Back