Street Fighter Alpha Anthology $10.06 on Amazon.com

It's a great game! Love it that it has arcade ports. I Know not many people liked the Pocket Fighter game but I loved it! Bought this when it first came out for 29.99. Worth it then and for this price is a steal.

Better to get the alpha collection during the flash sale on PSN each one is like @$1.20 Only thing missing is Pocket Fighter I think 

Paid 17.74 in 2010. Totally worth it. For those that played in the arcades, I'd recommend playing it on a PS2 because there is noticeable controller lag on BC PS3s. I'm no elite player by any means, but it's pretty jarring when you have to half anticipate what the game is going to do before it actually does it. Beating Shin Akuma was nearly impossible for me.

Hopefully the psn ports don't suffer as much.

Pocket Fighter is fun as hell though.

IMO SFA2 is the best game in the series and Alpha 3 might be the most fun.
Yeah, I agree. Alpha 2 is the most balanced, but Alpha 3 is pretty much the Smash Bros of the SF universe. So many characters, and the World Tour mode is one of the most addicting one player modes in any fighting game.

Megaman X and Megaman Anniversary collections are about 13 as well. IMO even if you have the games digitally, it's great idea to pick these up and maybe even keep some sealed. X collection is absolutely great.

I purchased this along with the Street Fighter Collection and Megaman X Collection last year. It's cool to see some of these games aren't marked up at crazy prices.

Great compilation, and a great price for it, but for anyone who may not know, it bears mentioning: this version of Alpha 3 has no "World Tour" mode, as it is based on the Japanese arcade release of SFA3 Upper, which contained the extra characters from the home console ports, but not the cool single-player modes, such as World Tour. Nor does it contain any of the extra characters added to the GBA and PSP releases.

Purists also complain that it doesn't run in the arcade's original resolution of 240p; it runs in 480i, or 480p via component. Personally, I still think it's a terrific package, considering everything that's on that disc, just be warned that the most diehard of fans don't consider it to be a "definitive" release.

Better to get the alpha collection during the flash sale on PSN each one is like @$1.20 Only thing missing is Pocket Fighter I think
The PS2 versions are better ports though. I just bought Alpha 3 since it was cheap and playable on my PS3/Vita and it was the one that does run well(1-2 have more problems) and was reminded of how terrible the character select screen is.

Great compilation, and a great price for it, but for anyone who may not know, it bears mentioning: this version of Alpha 3 has no "World Tour" mode, as it is based on the Japanese arcade release of SFA3 Upper, which contained the extra characters from the home console ports, but not the cool single-player modes, such as World Tour. Nor does it contain any of the extra characters added to the GBA and PSP releases.

Purists also complain that it doesn't run in the arcade's original resolution of 240p; it runs in 480i, or 480p via component. Personally, I still think it's a terrific package, considering everything that's on that disc, just be warned that the most diehard of fans don't consider it to be a "definitive" release.
It also includes Pocket Fighter! :D/

It also includes Pocket Fighter! :D/
And that is why, in spite of its minor shortcomings, it still wins. It wins so hard. :)

You know what, though? Thankfully, there never was a "butchered" port of Alpha 3. Some may argue over which is best, but you really can't go wrong. If you have a PS2 (especially one with a HDD, which reduces loads times to a fraction of nothing), get this disc. If you have a non-bc PS3, you should grab those PSX digital releases while they're on sale. Play 'em on your PSP, while you're at it. And get the PSP port, as it has the most characters. Basically, you should own at least one copy of this game for every system you have. Including the GBA port. Because it's rad.

Last edited by a moderator:

None of that matters honestly.

That world tour mode in SFA3 PSX stole so many hours it wasn't funny. It also got extremely hard. I think my main during that mode was Sakura most of the time. So fun!!!!

bread's done
Back