GameStop and Amazon: Wii U GameCube Adapter

Shouldnt this go in a nintnedo thread?

Coming Soon?

MSRP?

Nothing I would say qualifies as a deal.
It's a good thing you're not a mod...

Coming Soon: All Pre-orders are coming soon and if it is a hard to obtain pre-order its thread is helpful to people

MSRP: A deal does not mean it saves you money off MSRP. It means it gets you what you want for a good price. In this case MSRP is a good price.

Awesome! On the other hand, if it is being restocked at GameStop, I suppose I should be prepared to have to buy some outrageous bundle just to get it. Maybe something like WiiU console, plus smash bros, plus smash bros guide, plus GameCube adapter, plus exclusive GameStop collectors edition guide for gamecube adapter, plus 4 gamecube controllers for like $500 plus shipping?

I kid, I kid, seriously though, I have been trying for months to get this thing. Hopefully it will be in stock (by itself, not as a bundle) for long enough for me to snag one. Thanks for the heads up!

Coming Soon?

MSRP?

then again we could argue that the only way to get one is by paying a scalper. so in comparison MSRP IS a deal! Though I know what you're saying. It does, however, have to do with saving people money.

Coming Soon?

MSRP?

not-sure-if-youre-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Funny i bought one at launch, but none if my friends want to use gc controllers to play. Honestly i prefer the wii u pro after playing with it. Sold my adapter for $60. Ended up getting another sealed one because it was rare. Not any more

The link now shows a release date of May 1, which is the same date the new shipment of Shulk amiibo is releasing. This could be very likely to release then as well. Very interesting...

The link now shows a release date of May 1, which is the same date the new shipment of Shulk amiibo is releasing. This could be very likely to release then as well. Very interesting...
That's not soon. That's 2 1/2 months. That's far!

I was tired of looking so I ordered one of those Mayflash Wii-U adapters. It works well and it's pretty straight forward to get it to work on PC as well. I wish Nintendo would stop dropping the ball like this.

My local Best Buy had a pile of these a few weeks ago.  Figured they were going to be readily available again.  Now they aren't even on the BB site.  

I have to imagine that shipping problems due to the slowdown of shipping at west coast ports due to ongoing labor dispute have to figure into this. (Everything is made in China, and I can't imagine these, Amiibos or other peripheral type stuff is ever air-shipped like games)

I can't imagine that they're continuously THIS bad at gauging demand, but only in North America. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course this news comes a couple days after I get the Mayflash adapter in lol. Still going to get one if I can. Thanks for the heads up!

Friendly reminder that there were plenty of the smash bros bundles and GCU got 20% off meaning:
$80 - $48(the game) = $32 for the adapter and controller.

Mine's just been sitting there on a shelf.

Friendly reminder that there were plenty of the smash bros bundles and GCU got 20% off meaning:
$80 - $48(the game) = $32 for the adapter and controller.

Mine's just been sitting there on a shelf.
Mine is on my shelf too. I ended up with the bundle and the plain because I had to preorder the plain during Smash-Fest to get the coin. Ended up just keeping the bundle sealed since I just use the pro-controller anyways.

Went ahead and grabbed a preorder!  We've done 8 player Smash with 4 wavebirds and a mashup of Classic Controllers, Pro Controllers, and the Gamepad, but everyone in our group prefers wavebirds, so this will make our game nights even better :D

Now if they would only patch GC adapter support into Mario Kart 8...

bread's done
Back