The 11th Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Sign-ups Open Until March 19 @ 12:15 PM ET

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Note: If you do not wish to give your cell number to Yahoo for SMS ads, this guide offers an alternate method of verification to join.

The FirstSecondThirdFourthFifthSixthSeventhEighth, Ninth, and Tenth Annual March Madness contests have gone very well with all of them going down to the wire in determining the winners. I've got a few games to add to the prize pool right now and will be adding more before signups are over, though I would love to have some donated games from generous CAGs to help add to the pool. I'd prefer new, sealed games, but would accept opened games as long as they're mint and complete, [customspoiler='Spoiler']meaning that they look like they've only had the plastic ripped off with little to no scratches on the disc.[/customspoiler] If you'd like to donate games, please PM me. This contest will be conducted through Yahoo's Tourney Pick-'em set-up, which streamlines the process and just lets everyone worry about their picks. You can find the quick link to the group here.

Current Prize Pool

Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Bundle - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Audiosurf - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Borderlands 2 - PS3 - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

Brutal Legend - Xbox 360 - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Xbox 360 - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Wii U - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

Circuits - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Cogs - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Crash Time II - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Eufloria - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Little Deviants - Vita - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

Machinarium - Steam - FriskyTanuki

MLB 12 The Show - Vita - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

MLB 14 The Show - PS4 - Like New - FriskyTanuki

Savant Ascent - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Sequence - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Shin Megami Tensei IV - 3DS - Like New - FriskyTanuki

Smart As... - Vita - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

Sonic Generations - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Splice - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP - Steam - FriskyTanuki

Swords & Soldiers HD - Steam -  FriskyTanuki

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow War - 3DS - Like New - FriskyTanuki

Waking Mars - Steam - FriskyTanuki

WonderBook: Book of Spells - PS3 - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z - Xbox 360 - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

Zen Bound 2 - Steam - FriskyTanuki

ZombiU - Wii U - Sealed - FriskyTanuki

Right now, the tourney itself is still being set up and will be set in stone on Selection Sunday (check out ESPN or whoever else that's doing coverage). However, in the meanwhile, you can sign up and join the CAG group to reserve your spot. The deadline to get your picks in is five minutes before the first game starts on Thursday, March 19.

Entry Guide: Just head to here to create your bracket and then go here and enter the group ID# (7061) and password (wombatnew) to sign up and join the group. The only thing I require of you is to post here if your pick set name or Yahoo ID doesn't match your CAG ID so that I know it's you.

If I see people who haven't done this the Wednesday night before the tournament starts (March 18), you will be booted. I will have a list of everyone involved, so you have to be on the list to be eligible to win. I will make a check on the list to line up everyone the night before tipoff and boot anyone I cannot link to a CAG username, so you will have a chance to get back in if you let me know who you are. I will make the final sweep just before tipoff and kick any stragglers left on the list. I thought I didn't need to say this, but only one bracket is allowed per CAG. If I catch anybody with two brackets, both will be kicked out if they do not remove one of them.

Two years ago, Yahoo started allowing people to join groups after the tipoff, so I will be changing the password when tipoff happens to prevent late joiners from crashing the party. I would also prefer that those entering the contest be from the United States and Canada to minimize shipping costs and the chances of shipment errors. I also have the ability to alter the rules if other changes to Yahoo's Tourney rules have been made that interfere with the ones for the contest. The group can hold up to 500 people, so I think we'll have enough for anyone that wants to join. If we do reach that total, I'll create a new group for the rest of the CAGs that want to enter.

I will probably pick winners the same way I did last year: the top 3 scorers will get prizes. Depending on how many prizes there are, the top winner will get first pick on the list, then second place, and third place gets what's left. Any donators that win will be barred from choosing their own prizes.

Feel free to chat about the tourney, your team's chances, and all that fun stuff once you sign up. If you have any questions post here. Good luck to everyone that enters.

Also, keep your posts civil and mature. If you can't do that, then don't post in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in. It looks like my names match. If everyone else sucks, I may have a chance with my not very good bracket.

See if I can't make that 2nd place a 1st place this year.  I'm in again!  Bracket name is Dawg Pound.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone has a bracket matching mine (that still has a legitimate shot of happening), so I know I'll win.  KNOW IT!!!

Good luck to everyone (just not as good as to me!)

Thanks Frisky. 

I always enjoy reading your PSN deals, etc. and now I have joined your fantasy league.

I am a fantasy expert, and never lose.  EVER.  All of my picks are always correct but I usually make one mistake costing me the billion dollar prize.     (is what I would be saying if any of that was true).

Here's to getting lucky!

Thanks for organizing this, looking forward to it!  Surely one of my brackets between all the different groups I'm playing with will do good?

I'm in.

I've gone through my bracket several times now and can't seem to find any other result that doesn't have all four #1 regional seeds in the Final Four, which hasn't happened since 2008.  

bread's done
Back