Pokemon Shuffle - Nintendo "Free to Play"

its just too bad they did not put a fix amount that let you play unlimited. Then again if they did that the game would be over in around 4 hours  

Great game but hate having to wait  2 1/2 hours just for a reload.  ALSO if you  use the crystals you get for free it reset the timer. I had  4 mins left  used the crystal said i had to wait 30 mins for a heart.  Fun game now but within a few weeks it will be long forgoten about

I have played at least 4 or 5 sessions now. Enjoying it. If you check in, which unlocks after the 10th stage, I think, you get access to more content through downloadable events. Right now, we have the opportunity to catch Mew, and now Meowth allows you to receive extra coins once per day. Reminds me of Puzzle & Dragon some, but I played that game to death so I don't mind.

I'm curious if at some point there will be a need to grind and replay stages to make Pokemon level higher to do better at catching others. Wouldn't surprise me.

I've played this a little for the last few days and kind of enjoy it.  It fills the time while I'm on the bus or waiting for 10-15 minutes between cases.  I actually got a little psyched when I caught Mew with only 14% capture rate

How does this compare to that Pokemon Trozei game they released for the 3DS?

I mean free is free, but curious since I own that Trozei game.

Expert mode in Shuffle is how Trozei plays. Form as many matches as you can in a certain amount of time to beat the defending Pokemon.

Regular mode in Shuffle gives you an allotted amount of moves to beat the defending Pokemon. You then have a chance to capture it based on its capture rate % plus your number of unused moves..

By the way, they added a daily Pokemon to the Special section that will refresh each day. Rotom is available to capture today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently someone has found a way to make everything in the store free using the browser hack, not going to post it here but I hear Google is your friend......

Yeah, I heard about that hack, but I don't want to do it. It would suck all the fun out of that game. The waiting is part of the entertainment, as it makes every move and choice count.

Nintendo updated the game. There was a Lucarionite contest last week (I got one!) and now they have uploaded new Main stages as well as new Special stages (Keldeo and new Daily Pokémon starting with Patchirisu). Keldeo takes a ridiculous amount of damage to beat.

I am digging this game. I don't mind waiting for the hearts to reload since it makes me take breaks.

Have you guys caught Rayquaza yet? I got lucky and caught him on my third try with no Ultra at 30%. I used the +1 attack and +5 moves power ups to make it a bit easier. It takes me back to the Emerald days, haha.

I still play this regularly. Also got the Lucarionite, but I had to use the power up that Nintendo gave away free, Complexity -1. I think I finished contest around 12,000/20,000.

I'm up to around stage 120. I don't really move on until I catch all the Pokemon. I have spent so many hearts on the Expert Pokemon. I can't seem to catch one of those legendary dogs and that Xernaxs, or however it is spelled.

Great game for free. Very much looking forward to that Pokemon Rumble free game coming next week.

I am trying to get 150 S ranks to get Mewtwo. Only have a few Expert Pokémon (Absol, Lucario, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Raikou, and Zapdos). Have caught all the regular Pokémon except Onix and Milotic, because fuck those two.

Ok, I found a way to spam money. Money is what you need to make this game easier, not hearts.

Ok, go to he mewoth stage. His stage starts with 3 coins and you have eight turns to beat him. 

You must start by trying to get the coins on the right to get close together. They should be vertical, so you should have an "oreo". Coin on top, pokemon in the middle, coin on the bottom.

Then try and get the coin on the left to either get on either the top or bottom coin of the oreo. Do not try and make a 3 coin match yet.

After about 4-5 turns, meowth will drop another coin. Now make a 4 coin match. Then put meowth to sleep.

If you do this right, you'll end up with 330 coins after the match. If you only do a three coin match, youll get just 130 coins.

Do this for every 5 heart reload, you'll end up with 1650 more coins every reload. If you do that every day maybe 3 times a day, thats 5050 coins per day. More if you are vigilant.

Coins are the lifesavers in his game. They allow you to buy disruption delays, added moves for S ranks, and so on. Crystals will nice, are not needed nor are hearts. You need money, money is more helpful.

Hope this helps.

I'm at rank 40K and don't think I'm going to get it.  I just don't have time to spam the meowth trick.

Mega Glalie can kiss my a$$.  Holy crap is that stage hard.  I spent about 5K coins on that stage alone.

You think Mega Glalie is hard? Wait until Onix and Milotic. Milotic gets way easier if you use Feebas, but it's sill annoying as fuck.

I finally got past it on my 5th heart after farming coins from meowth. I used the +5 power up and managed to beat him with two moves left.

So wait, was farming coins with meowth known or not? I feel like I actually thought of something clever.

I can't believe I actually gave nintendo money for this free to play game. More than I like to admit.

I had read about it on gamefaqs I think.  I used your strategy to get 4 coins though.  I didn't have any coins, so I figured I'd give it a shot to be able to use the +5.

Just tell me which ones seem to be the best, and I'll see if I have them.  Never mind, people are using the same pokemon as I am, seems I just need to use disruption delay (I've tried multiple times to beat him with both mega boost, and +5 moves)

After losing to mega gengar a few times, I went and got disruption delay, mega start and +5. I used sableye, misdreavous, absol, and chandelure and beat him on the first try with 5 moves left.

I was ranked in the top 7000 for the blastoise challlenge. I didn't play it for about 5 days. My first score was good enough.

The meowth trick is awesome. In less than a week I have about 30000 coins.

Amazing how this game quickly became my go-to for quick 10 minute plays here and there.  I missed out on Keldeo though, could never catch him and barely could beat him at the time. 

For this meowth trick, is everyone talking about the "special" stage that usually shows up on weekends, or is there a regular stage that can be replayed over and over again?

Amazing how this game quickly became my go-to for quick 10 minute plays here and there. I missed out on Keldeo though, could never catch him and barely could beat him at the time.

For this meowth trick, is everyone talking about the "special" stage that usually shows up on weekends, or is there a regular stage that can be replayed over and over again?
We're talking about the regular Meowth stage. 37, I think? I didn't miss out on Keldeo, but I did miss out on Kyogre. Hopefully, they bring them back again.

I got to the end of the regular pokemon, stage 180? I ended up using my jewels to get the max coin pack to use power ups on the EX stages. I've only been able to catch 2 out of the 15 or so I've unlocked. Anybody have any tips for those stages?

We're talking about the regular Meowth stage. 37, I think? I didn't miss out on Keldeo, but I did miss out on Kyogre. Hopefully, they bring them back again.

I got to the end of the regular pokemon, stage 180? I ended up using my jewels to get the max coin pack to use power ups on the EX stages. I've only been able to catch 2 out of the 15 or so I've unlocked. Anybody have any tips for those stages?
You're right! Totally forgot that there was one of those already! D'oh! Time to earn me some coins!

I've spent a lot of time on the EX and Special stages (moreso than the regulars) and I think each EX stage really requires different strategies. The chief among them that worked for me though is having the right pokemon (with the right abilities). Volbeat has become my #1 big winner, ESPECIALLY if you can use a complexity-1 (not sure if those are available on all EX stages or not) as getting a group of 4 of them really packs a punch if there's more on the board. Some stages its just all about shuffling as fast as you can and having pokemon that are powerful enough to do the damage. I think out of the something-teen EX stages I've unlocked, I've captured about 8 or so of them (most with a greatball of course).

The pokemon that are vulnerable to lightning or grass, I typically would use something that would cause paralysis or sleep (or both) to help with the disruptions a bit as well.

I don't play the game anymore, although it's possible I will return to it. My profile says I got over 20 hours of play, which seems rockin' for a free game. I probably only played Pokemon Rumble for 6 hours or so. I did give that game $3ish.

They're both fun diversions, but I've moved on to games that have legitimate ends. Playing a game that requires I keep checking back daily is mildly stressful. And being in exam season, I need less stress everywhere.

I'm still playing it every day and my profile says I have 30 hours. I think that's more time than I've spent in any other game in the past couple of years!

I got pinsir on the second day with 39% and with the second ultra ball.

I'm still playing it every day and my profile says I have 30 hours. I think that's more time than I've spent in any other game in the past couple of years!

I got pinsir on the second day with 39% and with the second ultra ball.
lol... I have 55 hours, I didn't want to admit that. I initially never got into the game. I was letting my daughter play the game. She passed the first 30 or so stages and I then took it from her and added it to her 3DS.

I recently got back into the game, but I hit a wall at Mega Gengar. I ended up using a Mega Evolve and 2 Jewels for extra moves. I could have grinded away forever at it, but I got tired of playing the same stage again and again.

I can't remember the name, but I'm stuck on the one that has a row of iced in steel blocks at the top.  I spent all my coins and am out of diamonds, so I either grind it out with Meowth or call it quits since I'm not spending any real money.  The daily pokemon have been a pain in the ass too.  I haven't been able to catch a single one.  

I can't remember the name, but I'm stuck on the one that has a row of iced in steel blocks at the top. I spent all my coins and am out of diamonds, so I either grind it out with Meowth or call it quits since I'm not spending any real money. The daily pokemon have been a pain in the ass too. I haven't been able to catch a single one.
Same boat here, I'd pretty much prefer to spend $30 and switch to puzzle and dragons Mario than keep playing Pokemon Shuffle. I just really hate free to play games. Granted, this one has some long legs not paying a dime and I'll give them that but you eventually hit a wall where you almost need to spend money and that's where I lose interest.

I have to admit the game is getting harder for me as well. I'm not sure what stage number I'm around. I guess at least 150. I find myself having to play through stages a good number of times, sometimes using mutliple sets of hearts on a monster to catch it. I've tapped into my in-game currency, some, but I still have over 50,000. I try to save it for when I'm really frustrated and just want a Greal Ball or early evolving thing.

I'm still enjoying it, though. Some of the 15 second Special stages annoy me though. When you can blast through all your hearts in less than 2 minutes, the fun factor is pretty diminished. There's still one special legendary dog I can't seem to catch.

The post-150 stages and the Special stages the past few months have gotten ridiculously hard. And the catch rate is abysmal.

Exact reason I stopped fuck-ing playing this game.  Oh, and the "only the people who have paid to get really far in this game will get the awesome event only mega stones" bullshit

Exact reason I stopped fuck-ing playing this game. Oh, and the "only the people who have paid to get really far in this game will get the awesome event only mega stones" bullshit
I actually placed 7900 or something for the Lucarionite. I did spend all the coins I had left to get all the upgrades though.

Exact reason I stopped fuck-ing playing this game. Oh, and the "only the people who have paid to get really far in this game will get the awesome event only mega stones" bullshit
Not only that but it essentially rewards all the people who hacked it for tons of coins in the early days of the game.

bread's done
Back