Final Fantasy Type-0 CE At Best Buy?

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I really want to try and nab the Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy Type-0 (PS4) at Best Buy, since I have GCU and it would be a really good discount on the CE's price. However, in the few minutes that Best Buy's site took pre-orders, it quickly went OOS with no indications if they'll ever reopen preorders.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-collectors-edition-playstation-4/2510085.p?id=1219544547189&skuId=2510085&_requestid=329868

I was wondering if there was any way to find out ahead of time which BB stores will have the CE available for day one purchase, so I can hit that store in the morning and walk out with a CE copy. I recall there were a couple CAG'ers who worked at stores like Circuit City who could relay the allocation info for you, so if one exists for Best Buy I would love to request their help. Any other advice would also be great.

Alternatively, Square's online store is still taking preorders, but I've heard a lot of bad things about them, and I'm not even certain I would receive the box on release day while paying the shipping to boot.

You would have to wait until it was a few days before release to release day before seeing if BB would re-open pre-orders/orders on it.  This CE may not show up in store at all, since it's showing as Store Pickup - Not Available.  On the morning of release, if it changes to allowing for in-store pickup, then it will be available at the store level.  If not, then it won't.

And the pre-ordering was open for a number of hours, not a few minutes as you listed.  It was at least four hours, if not six, from the posts in the CE thread mentioning they were open for pre-orders.

I'm in the same boat, though I went with a SE-PE pre-order versus Gamestop, since GS is charging $10 more for it, before tax and shipping.

Seeing as how it is a SE store exclusive BB will not have anymore preorder i can promise you, they prob had very very few to begin with, and wouldnt be suprised if they dont get canceled, as for the SE store, they just recently updated it and they no longer use digital river either, so those problems that you mentioned will probably no longer be problems.

Good news for the SE store, but I'm still wondering if I will get it on release day or not. They have multiple shipping options but nothing that says whether they'll have it on release day.

I doubt it but based on the info I have read about the demo and the fact that the game is only roughly 50% done, i will prob just sell off the demo code for like 15 or 20 bucks, so i can wait a few days to receive my copy, esspecially since i want the CE for the huge manga, art book, and beautiful steelbook, i did the 2-5 day shipping option so even if they dont ship them till release day, ill get it by thursday so not too terribly worried about it

bread's done
Back