* * * * * 2 votes

Blu-ray Batman Assault on Arkham or Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Ed. $9.99 @ BB

#1 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2598 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:17 AM

Picked these up at BestBuy today:

Batman Assault on Arkham:

http://www.bestbuy.c...7&skuId=7432011

Batman The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition (Part One and Two combined):

http://www.bestbuy.c...1&skuId=1725175

Cheapest I've seen them.

Son of Batman is not on sale...still waiting on that one.

#2 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

A lot more than just those two DCU Animated films are on sale. There's a lot of Justice League and Green Lantern ones for 9.99 as well.

#3 nightmare452   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

nightmare452

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

Thanks a lot OP. In for both. Been waiting for these to get cheaper, finally can bite.  Saw Justice League Atlantis yesterday, was very good. Need to see Son of Batman and the upcoming Batman vs Robin.

#4 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3202 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:10 PM

Better link to the sale

http://www.bestbuy.c...price skuidsaas

Im grabbing New Frontier, Crisis on 2 Earfs, and possibly Superman Doomsday. Have everything else. Most come with digital codes too.

#5 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4431 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:07 AM

I want to get Throne of Atlantis. I've tried to get it a few times at my local BBY when it was $12 a few weeks ago, but they were sold out both times. I can handle $14.99 though. I hear it's a pretty good DC Animated. 

Really enjoyed Assault on Arkham and The Dark Knight as well. I picked those both up the last time they were on sale. 

#6 nightmare452   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2485 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

nightmare452

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

Throne of Atlantis was quite good. Its a good continuation from War.

I think its a good alue at $15, but I am gonna wait myself for the $10 or less sweetspot. I'm only missing the two new Justice League movies to have a solid collection of the DC animated movies.

#7 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3471 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

For someone who has none of these that are part of this sale, are the two listed in the OP probably the best place to start?  Any universal recommendations or should I just basically go by the review score averages on BB and Amazon?  Do any of these follow any chronological pattern?

#8 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3202 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

For someone who has none of these that are part of this sale, are the two listed in the OP probably the best place to start? Any universal recommendations or should I just basically go by the review score averages on BB and Amazon? Do any of these follow any chronological pattern?

Dark Knight Returns is just a great comic. The animated version is worth it. Assault on Arkham isnt bad. It isnt Batman though, its Harley Quinn, Deadshot and Suicide Squad.

From the ones on sale, id recommend Dark Knight Returns, Crisis on Two Earths,Superman Doomsday, Green Lantern, New Frontier. All DC animated are worth a watch but I didnt care for Doom or Public Enemies.

Nice little bonus is these always come with a few episodes from Batman, Superman, Green Lantern ans Justice League animated series. Those are worth the price.

For realz, read the Dark Knight Returns

#9 Ashlla  

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:15 AM

Dark Knight Returns is just a great comic. The animated version is worth it. Assault on Arkham isnt bad. It isnt Batman though, its Harley Quinn, Deadshot and Suicide Squad.

From the ones on sale, id recommend Dark Knight Returns, Crisis on Two Earths,Superman Doomsday, Green Lantern, New Frontier. All DC animated are worth a watch but I didnt care for Doom or Public Enemies.

Nice little bonus is these always come with a few episodes from Batman, Superman, Green Lantern ans Justice League animated series. Those are worth the price.

For realz, read the Dark Knight Returns

Personaly id swap new frontier for doom. None of the movies are bad though

#10 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3202 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

i havent seen New Frontier in awhile. I didnt care for it or Doom too much. May have tor rewatch. I agree they are worth a watch. I watched Throne of Atlantis last night and it was meh.

#11 darthmalice777   The Fett CAGiversary!   1239 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

darthmalice777

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:30 AM

Thanks, OP. Grabbed Assault on Arkham.

#12 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1208 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

Went into BB to pick up Dark Knight Returns because it showed in stock. Wanted Assault on Arkham but showed out of stock. Can't find DKR anywhere but stumbled on AoA so I picked it up. Spent maybe 30 min looking for DKR before I gave up and placed a store pickup order. My order was ready by the time I got home

Anyway, online, assault on arkham shows blu ray, dvd, ultraviolet combo pack. Mine came with no slip cover and didn't say anything about 2 discs or ultraviolet. Anybody know if there is more than one version out there?

#13 letsgetacid   Would you kindly? CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

letsgetacid

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:24 AM

Justice League: Doom? Going for 1.49 at GoHastings (shipping is another $1.29) for the Blu-Ray/DVD/UltraViolet:

http://www.gohasting...9790&quantity=1

#14 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   960 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

Went into BB to pick up Dark Knight Returns because it showed in stock. Wanted Assault on Arkham but showed out of stock. Can't find DKR anywhere but stumbled on AoA so I picked it up. Spent maybe 30 min looking for DKR before I gave up and placed a store pickup order. My order was ready by the time I got home

Anyway, online, assault on arkham shows blu ray, dvd, ultraviolet combo pack. Mine came with no slip cover and didn't say anything about 2 discs or ultraviolet. Anybody know if there is more than one version out there?

Mine didn't come with a slipcover either. No mention of dvd or UV. Opened it and indeed they were all there. Same thing happened with Doom.

#15 Tyga24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

The slipcover is the only thing that states whether its a Blu-DVD-UV combo pack. Warner eventually phases out the combo packs and slipcovers to non-slip Blu-ray only editions after awhile. In my findings most of the recent stuff (TDKR, AoA, War, etc.) should still be combo packs though it doesn't say it on the case and no slip is there. But if your interested in slips then its best to pick them up when you see them as its typically the first run copies that come with those. Though AoA and TDKR complete slips are very basic imo unlike the stellar ones made for most of the other releases.

#16 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1208 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

I like slipcovers and would prefer to have got it than to not, but what I was most concerned with was the ultraviolet code. And I have no use for the dvd. I think I'll take the chance and open it. Thanks for the responses guys

#17 CozmoKhan   Go Blackhawks! CAGiversary!   905 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

Finally got my copy of DKR. But, no UV code inside.

#18 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

Finally got my copy of DKR. But, no UV code inside.

Contact Flixster...provide them with the pictures of the back of the box, receipt and where it says UV and they should give you or add it to your collection.