Blu-ray Batman Assault on Arkham or Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Ed. $9.99 @ BB

180husher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
A lot more than just those two DCU Animated films are on sale. There's a lot of Justice League and Green Lantern ones for 9.99 as well.

Thanks a lot OP. In for both. Been waiting for these to get cheaper, finally can bite.  Saw Justice League Atlantis yesterday, was very good. Need to see Son of Batman and the upcoming Batman vs Robin.

I want to get Throne of Atlantis. I've tried to get it a few times at my local BBY when it was $12 a few weeks ago, but they were sold out both times. I can handle $14.99 though. I hear it's a pretty good DC Animated. 

Really enjoyed Assault on Arkham and The Dark Knight as well. I picked those both up the last time they were on sale. 

Throne of Atlantis was quite good. Its a good continuation from War.

I think its a good alue at $15, but I am gonna wait myself for the $10 or less sweetspot. I'm only missing the two new Justice League movies to have a solid collection of the DC animated movies.

For someone who has none of these that are part of this sale, are the two listed in the OP probably the best place to start?  Any universal recommendations or should I just basically go by the review score averages on BB and Amazon?  Do any of these follow any chronological pattern?

For someone who has none of these that are part of this sale, are the two listed in the OP probably the best place to start? Any universal recommendations or should I just basically go by the review score averages on BB and Amazon? Do any of these follow any chronological pattern?
Dark Knight Returns is just a great comic. The animated version is worth it. Assault on Arkham isnt bad. It isnt Batman though, its Harley Quinn, Deadshot and Suicide Squad.

From the ones on sale, id recommend Dark Knight Returns, Crisis on Two Earths,Superman Doomsday, Green Lantern, New Frontier. All DC animated are worth a watch but I didnt care for Doom or Public Enemies.

Nice little bonus is these always come with a few episodes from Batman, Superman, Green Lantern ans Justice League animated series. Those are worth the price.

For realz, read the Dark Knight Returns

Dark Knight Returns is just a great comic. The animated version is worth it. Assault on Arkham isnt bad. It isnt Batman though, its Harley Quinn, Deadshot and Suicide Squad.

From the ones on sale, id recommend Dark Knight Returns, Crisis on Two Earths,Superman Doomsday, Green Lantern, New Frontier. All DC animated are worth a watch but I didnt care for Doom or Public Enemies.

Nice little bonus is these always come with a few episodes from Batman, Superman, Green Lantern ans Justice League animated series. Those are worth the price.

For realz, read the Dark Knight Returns
Personaly id swap new frontier for doom. None of the movies are bad though

Personaly id swap new frontier for doom. None of the movies are bad though
i havent seen New Frontier in awhile. I didnt care for it or Doom too much. May have tor rewatch. I agree they are worth a watch. I watched Throne of Atlantis last night and it was meh.

Went into BB to pick up Dark Knight Returns because it showed in stock. Wanted Assault on Arkham but showed out of stock. Can't find DKR anywhere but stumbled on AoA so I picked it up. Spent maybe 30 min looking for DKR before I gave up and placed a store pickup order. My order was ready by the time I got home

Anyway, online, assault on arkham shows blu ray, dvd, ultraviolet combo pack. Mine came with no slip cover and didn't say anything about 2 discs or ultraviolet. Anybody know if there is more than one version out there?

Went into BB to pick up Dark Knight Returns because it showed in stock. Wanted Assault on Arkham but showed out of stock. Can't find DKR anywhere but stumbled on AoA so I picked it up. Spent maybe 30 min looking for DKR before I gave up and placed a store pickup order. My order was ready by the time I got home

Anyway, online, assault on arkham shows blu ray, dvd, ultraviolet combo pack. Mine came with no slip cover and didn't say anything about 2 discs or ultraviolet. Anybody know if there is more than one version out there?
Mine didn't come with a slipcover either. No mention of dvd or UV. Opened it and indeed they were all there. Same thing happened with Doom.

The slipcover is the only thing that states whether its a Blu-DVD-UV combo pack. Warner eventually phases out the combo packs and slipcovers to non-slip Blu-ray only editions after awhile. In my findings most of the recent stuff (TDKR, AoA, War, etc.) should still be combo packs though it doesn't say it on the case and no slip is there. But if your interested in slips then its best to pick them up when you see them as its typically the first run copies that come with those. Though AoA and TDKR complete slips are very basic imo unlike the stellar ones made for most of the other releases.

I like slipcovers and would prefer to have got it than to not, but what I was most concerned with was the ultraviolet code. And I have no use for the dvd. I think I'll take the chance and open it. Thanks for the responses guys

bread's done
Back