CAGcast #397: Buy Gloves First

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang discuss The Order: 1886, Evolve, Hand of Fate, arctic amiibo hunting, the importance of exclusives (and lights in your PC), and so much more!

Download (1 hour 15 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
https://audioboom.com/boos/2933455-cagcast-397-buy-gloves-first

Grab the free CAGcast app for iOS and Android! 

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Outro

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait... what? You traded in The Order 1886, a super short game, but you didn't even bother to beat the game? Why didn't you clear the game first before trading it in? It's only a 5 hour game.

Wait... what? You traded in The Order 1886, a super short game, but you didn't even bother to beat the game? Why didn't you clear the game first before trading it in? It's only a 5 hour game.
I'd rather play a game I'm enjoying. It's not that short!

For CAGcast 400 how about a live NYC meet up on the weekend?
I'd love to have another meet up and ep 400 is a great reason.

Homeworld is an excellent game, anyone who likes RTS games should play it. Enjoy Cheapy.

I would also buy a Marvel Dynasty Warriors game. No shame.

Put me up for a Bellona code. Thanks.

Cheapy, I loved your PC talk before but now that I'll soon be building my own system I love it even more!  Crack that thing open every week and talk about it for an hour and i'll listen.  You mentioned a 4k tv not being worth it, but what about a 4k monitor vs 1080p?  Do you think that's worth the price increase?  Gimme more PC!

Holy hell, Cheapy... You must be really out of touch if you were really dying that much in The Order. It doesn't even begin to get difficult until the last hour or so.

I'm glad to know that Horns isn't worth watching. I saw it was on Netflix now and had thought it looked interesting before, but it doesn't sound great after hearing Wombat talk about it. It would probably also explain why it's on Netflix already. I started watching Frank though and turned it off after about 20 minutes, just not my cup of tea. I think it was the way the main character talked. 

I am also interested in the free Smite skins for Xbox One. I have no preference and would enjoy either one of them. 

I think the issue with people disliking short games isn't entirely about how short it is, but about the fact of having no replay value, as games like call of duty or gears of war as you mentioned have short campaigns, but the main focus of the game is multiplayer, or some short games may not have multiplayer, but have multiple choices or stories, or hard to get trophies, so there is at least some replay value there.

In the case of The Order...it only about 8-10 hours to get a platinum trophy, and since it has  no multiplayer or co-op, it holds zero replay value, so lots of people and critics find it not worth $60 for such a short game with zero replay value.

I also have fan controller and LED setup on my PC. It's definitely one of those frivolous buys that's hardly ever used. lol

I'll take a Daisy Despair Scylla Skin. Thanks Wombat!

Shipwreck - you really ought to play Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.  It's the furthest thing from boring or easy (believe it or not).  A fantastic soundtrack and a wonderful co-op experience too if you can talk your wife into playing it with you.  Lots of fun collectibles and bonus challenge rooms, and only $32 with GCU.  I know the Wii U is basically flooded with platformers, but this one plays so differently from everything else besides Canvas Curse that it's worth your time.

Hey Womba,

Great Show! I also agree The Order is a trade in waiting to happen. I seem to find most exclusives end up available on PC anyways.

Put me in for a Bellona skin for Smite.

Hey Womba,

Great Show! I also agree The Order is a trade in waiting to happen. I seem to find most exclusives end up available on PC anyways.

I was surprised to hear that Wombat's turning down free games that he's paid to access. If these were shirts and toys at E3, nothing would slip by unnoticed.

Because I grabbed any free DLC that appears on PSN each week, I got four free characters besides the four that are included with DOA5 Last Round: Core Fighters for a total of eight at no cost thanks to Cross Buy support. A handful of PS+ games were ported to other platforms afterwards with Cross Buy support that essentially gives us free, no strings attached versions of those games on the new platforms.

Shipwreck you're kidding about Gears characters right?!  Theyre obnoxious sounding rednecks who are all roided out looking because those are the types of men Cliffy B. fantasizes about.

The cover system is solid I'll agree but you can thank "Kill Switch" for starting that.

Great show guys! I always try listening to your show at work and laughed out loud on a few occasions.

I was wondering, since you all have little children, how long does it take each of you to complete a game (especially mature rated games)? Since having kids, it takes me eons to finish a game especially since I can only really play them after they go to bed. I'm finding myself buying/playing more kid-friendly games like Forza and Rayman.

Wombat, please put me in the drawing for a Daisy Despair Scylla skin! Thanks

Shipwreck - you really ought to play Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. It's the furthest thing from boring or easy (believe it or not). A fantastic soundtrack and a wonderful co-op experience too if you can talk your wife into playing it with you. Lots of fun collectibles and bonus challenge rooms, and only $32 with GCU. I know the Wii U is basically flooded with platformers, but this one plays so differently from everything else besides Canvas Curse that it's worth your time.
I agree. I've really enjoyed my time with Rainbow Curse thus far and you are right, it isn't an easy game. The only real downfall to the game is that the design doesn't allow for you to really look at the TV while playing and that is a shame because the game looks fantastic. I would have preferred a 3DS release instead, but it's still a great game and one of Kirby's most challenging adventures to date.

Love the show guys, keep up the great work! Put me down for the Scylla Daisy Despair skin for Smite please!

Hey Womba,

I believe you are thinking of xbox exclusives, no nintendo or playstation exclusives have ever been on PC.

bread's done
Back