* * * * - 14 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread 2.0

#3241 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1264 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:42 PM

I'm still betting my copy of Cosmic Star Heroine gets delivered by Dec 2014.

lol, I backed that as well. At least in that case the dev has a proven track record, that's why it was the first game I'd kickstarted in a while and nothing since.

Noticed today when making some pre-orders on bestbuy.com there is now the Project x Zone 2 pre-order with a 10/27/2015 release date.

Link

Pass for me until I beat the first and I did enjoy the first....was just too long for what it was.

Ordered. Thanks :)

#3242 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:24 PM

PlayStation TV $39.99 amazon

http://www.amazon.co...=playstation tv

#3243 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:23 AM

PlayStation TV $39.99 amazon

http://www.amazon.co...=playstation tv

deal is dead now

#3244 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

My copy came in today.

http://gematsu.com/2...e-dlc-announced

Lost Dimension comes out July 28th and we'll be getting free dlc.

Good heads up, Olengie. Thanks.

I have mine coming from BB. Really looking forward to this game. (Please be good!)

#3245 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:47 AM

Just to put out some info I found, since I backed the Clannad and Grisaia kickstarters of Sekai Project (and we are sort of on the topic of kickstarters). They partnered up with another kickstarter project that looks very interesting. It's a visual novel/ dating sim called "No One But You." I backed the $10 tier for now.

Here is the link:
https://www.kickstar...you/description

I know some people would be interested in this as would I as I entered the realm of visual novels as well.
On its page the "This project will be funded on
Sat, May 16 2015 6:47 PM EDT"
So only a few days left.

Edit: Created by unwonton studios and here is some more info, copy and pasted

A Visual Novel/Dating Sim about Hideaki who has moved from his small village to a much larger town, Okutama. He struggles with everyday life, till he arrives at Wanko High. His new school. When he arrives he is presented with many choices and even some hidden secrets.
He discovers fate, and runs from it at the same time.
Will you run from it?
Or will you accept it?
Can you discover the hidden secrets?
Once you discover them Will you bury them, once again?
You will interact with the characters and find your path along the way. Will you find your way, even with the help of friends and family? Can you make the right decisions leading to happiness?

Thanks for the heads up on this! I like the art in this game, I put down a pledge on it.

#3246 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:03 AM

Well, I guess that ends the waiting for a cheaper price on Black Rock Shooter. And, unlike PT, I'm going to sit here and watch the download to make sure it's successful.

Wait is Black Rock Shooter getting pulled from PSN? When?

#3247 elessar123  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:10 AM

No one knows, but could be any time. The parent company, Imageipoch, filed for bankruptcy.

#3248 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:39 AM

Is Black Rock actually good, or just appealing because of the possible delist?

#3249 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2984 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:18 AM

Is Black Rock actually good, or just appealing because of the possible delist?

Idk, the anime is kickass though, and the manga series they have now is based off the game. Personally Mato is one of my favorite characters, and I heard this game was a good but has serious flaws, so I guess if you like the series enough to bear it's flaws, it'll be great, kinda like Neptunia. I don't even have a vita/psp yet but I brought it anyway, hopefully there's a way to redownload it when I eventually buy the system.

#3250 Soul-Shaker  

Soul-Shaker

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:26 AM

Idk, the anime is kickass though, and the manga series they have now is based off the game. Personally Mato is one of my favorite characters, and I heard this game was a good but has serious flaws, so I guess if you like the series enough to bear it's flaws, it'll be great, kinda like Neptunia. I don't even have a vita/psp yet but I brought it anyway, hopefully there's a way to redownload it when I eventually buy the system.

Download it to ps3 if you have that system.  If they pull it, you never know if they will pull download list links as well.

#3251 RedEagleEX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

RedEagleEX

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:24 AM

Download it to ps3 if you have that system.  If they pull it, you never know if they will pull download list links as well.

They won't. Unlike PT which was never a game in the first place (let alone purchasable) that was pulled forever, I have a lots of games that were pulled from PSN long ago and yet I can still download from the PSN. Examples:

Angry Birds  (PSP Mini Version) (Non-Rovio Published)

After Burn Climax

Magical Drop F (Japanese Import Game brought in to the US Store from MonkeyPawGames)

X-Men (Arcade Game with up to 8-Players Support)

The Simpsons (Arcade Game)

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Fate Unlimited Code (Yes this game was published in US in english and was pulled by Capcom)

R-Types

And the list goes on...(Got those games directly from my PS3 Download List as of right now with After Burner Climax, X-Men, Fate Unlimited Codes, and R-Types downloading right now to verify they indeed are still downloadable.)

#3252 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2844 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

X-Men got delisted??

a5136bc4ceb14db47f9cd13dfa759f602056d5560e2d7908c9f7ea266d7ca6e6.jpg

#3253 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11734 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

X-Men got delisted??

Disney owns Marvel now. So yeah... 

#3254 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:18 AM

My copy came in today.

http://gematsu.com/2...e-dlc-announced

Lost Dimension comes out July 28th and we'll be getting free dlc.

Mine is arrived at the local post office this morning.  Should get my copy today or tomorrow.

Wait is Black Rock Shooter getting pulled from PSN? When?

No one knows, but could be any time. The parent company, Imageipoch, filed for bankruptcy.

I'll go out on a limb and say that imageepoch games will get a last time discount on PSN before they go out... if at all.

#3255 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

Perhaps NISA will snag the rights to the game since they published it in the US.

http://nisamerica.co...shooterthegame/

#3256 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3171 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

My copy of sword art shipped this morning. Wasn't expecting it this soon. Just got my copy of Moe chronicle yesterday.

#3257 toneroni   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

damn the delistings suck. I didn't know about after burner...

#3258 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9253 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:16 PM

Well some thoughts on Moe Chronicle as I played it for about 2 hours yesterday:

1. As expected the Moe Chronicle translation is Engrishy and sometimes is translated too literally. It's generally understandable though and the game is all in English anyway.

2. The gameplay is basic but not too bad. The main character supporting his monster girls system in battle is alright. The monster girls get to use their skills, attack or cheer up the MC.The main character can power up, use items or support the monster girls. It's a bit slow but fun and their is some other quirks to the system like a partner system where monster girls can team up with monsters that join the team to sometimes use skills. Also there are skills that only work some of the time. These are basically passive skills and it could be cool constantly triggering them. I still haven't triggered the rubbing in battle.

3. The graphics are plain but good enough. I like the look of the 1st dungeon so far. Also the monster girls look excellent and are quite cute to boot. I started the game on hard, but put it to normal when my girl couldn't survive the first fight. I may change this to hard later.

4. You do the rubbing mini game to get monster girls to join the team (after destroying their clothes) and also for affection later. I'm not 100% sure of all the perks of affection but for a bit of affection you can change their clothes with gift clothes you gave them. I don't mind the rubbing mini game since it doesn't occur very often. It is way easier to get the ultra rubbing mini game and in this one all their clothes disappear and they have hearts covering up their private parts.

5. Overall it's a slightly boring but good enough dungeon crawler. It's pretty fun and the story is OK (guy trying to control his desires and monster girls attacking humans). I would recommend it if you want a dungeon crawler and don't mind the ecchi stuff, as many scenes and dialogue along with the rubbing game are suggestive. Heck that red seal or something pretty much releases his coins after you strip a monster girl fully and wants all the panties in the world. I really hope IFI releases it eventually in the states but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. If it will come it will likely be after Neptunia VII i'm guessing. 

#3259 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3142 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

the manga series they have now is based off the game.

Really? Awesome.

The only BRS thing I've played/watched/read is this game, and I didn't like that the other stories were totally unrelated to it.

#3260 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:11 PM

yoru-no-nai-kuni first screenshoots from gust, maybe coming to the states?

http://gematsu.com/2...tions-announced

#3261 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

As an action RPG, it's hard to imagine it not making it out here nowadays.

#3262 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11734 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

You can count on a Localization announcement by the end of this year or next year.

#3263 Dammage   Chie is best girl CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

You can count on a Localization announcement by the end of this year or next year.

Olengie confirmed for working at KT

#3264 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11734 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:40 PM

Olengie confirmed for working at KT

Shhhh ;)

EDIT:
xnUAUZA.jpg
Disgaea Triple Collection Coming to PS3 in Europe
NIS America will release a Disgaea Triple Play Collection including Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, and Disgaea D2 for PlayStation 3 in Europe on July 10, the publisher announced.

The package will cost £39.99 / 39.99 EUR.

#3265 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

Akiba’s Trip launches for PC on May 26

http://gematsu.com/2...nches-pc-may-26

Disgaea Triple Collection coming to PS3 in Europe, possible release in US as well?

http://gematsu.com/2...tion-ps3-europe

#3266 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2209 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

I'm excited for the disgaea triple play but ugh that box art is ugly. Will 3 & 4 be the vita editions or just the old ps3 ones ?

#3267 Earendil_aod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Earendil_aod

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

I hope so, the screenshots look like my dream crossover of Lost Kingdoms II and Folklore.  If the premise is even remotely the same, day 1 CE for me!

#3268 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11312 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

I'm excited for the disgaea triple play but ugh that box art is ugly. Will 3 & 4 be the vita editions or just the old ps3 ones ?

If its the remade versions I'll happily buy it. Otherwise unless it has DLC at a reduced price I dont see the point

#3269 PrinnyOtaku   二人の秘密の基地 CAGiversary!   3311 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

PrinnyOtaku

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

Anyone else's Moero just sitting in SF? Tracking said it was there on the 11th, checked today... updated in the morning saying its still there in SF, although a different area code. Hasn't moved in 4 days? :/

#3270 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:08 PM

Anyone else's Moero just sitting in SF? Tracking said it was there on the 11th, checked today... updated in the morning saying its still there in SF, although a different area code. Hasn't moved in 4 days? :/

customs maybe?